Thread: any got the new muffins cd yet?

any got the new muffins cd yet?

got mine yesterday cd is awesome what yall think of it

Yes, I got it a couple of weeks ago. I've been slogging through a lot of older CDs that I'm evaluating whether to get rid of, so I've only spun this once, but I really enjoyed it on a first spin. If clicked with me more immediately than Palindrome, which took me a while to warm up to. I'm almost done with the older discs, and spinning the new Muffins will be first on my list when I return to the new stuff.

Bill

I got it recently and I have to say it's this thread that got me to spin it. At first blush, I think it's awesome. There are some moments that even have a late 60's Miles feel, notably on the wonderful "Going Softly." This one should get plenty of spins from me.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Yes.

Way better than Palindrome IMO. Probably will make my top 10 for the end of the year.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

I bought it a number of weeks ago, but it's still sitting in a pile of CDs that have yet to be listened to. I'm now off from work for the next 17 days, so hopefully I'll get around to giving it a spin soon.

Inspired by this thread I spun this last night and really enjoyed Mother Tongue. This will definitely wind up being a favorite for me in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    Way better than Palindrome IMO.
    I agree, though the last time I spun Palindrome I found myself liking it a bit better. I need to give that one a super close listen to figure out what about it doesn't click with me as much.

Bill

Another one who got it a while back, listened to it once and really liked it and hasn't gotten back to it.

Now I will.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman