Page 318 of 330 FirstFirst ... 218268308314315316317318319320321322328 ... LastLast
Results 7,926 to 7,950 of 8247

Thread: Current fav US TV series

With all the crappy weather over the weekend, the wife and I binge watched both seasons of “The Bear” over the weekend on Hulu. Although the constant screaming of the cast at each other gets a bit overwhelming at times, I think this is one of the best things on TV right now. Jeremy Alan White is amazing in the lead role and the whole cast is stellar. I worked in the food business for 10 years of my life and they get more right than they get wrong. Looking forward to season 3.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Watched the first episode of True Detective last night and thought they knocked it out of the park!
    Sounds like they did, and it landed in the Arctic Ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    Longitude can be up to 180 degrees, latitude can be up to 90 degrees.
    Says the tech guy to a veteran of the Coast Guard.

Edit: ah, I see what you're saying now. Hey, maybe this is all explained by the supernatural stuff going on, lol.
    Well, I hadn't finished the episode, yet, but thanks for the spoiler.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Sounds like they did, and it landed in the Arctic Ocean.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Speaking of True Detective, I noticed something else that I also saw in the movie, Quiz Lady (which is meh): a main character saying they hate The Beatles.

Seriously? WTF?

I mean... you don't like them? Fine. You think they're overrated? I disagree, but fine.

But to hate them?

I bet they think Bach sucks, too.
    Last edited by Hal...; 01-17-2024 at 06:13 PM.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Says the tech guy to a veteran of the Coast Guard.

Well, I hadn't finished the episode, yet, but thanks for the spoiler.
    Did you only watch the first minute?
    <sig out of order>

Speaking of True Detective, I noticed something else that I also saw on the MGM+ sci-fi show, Beacon 23 (which is really good, btw): the main character saying they hate The Beatles.

Seriously? WTF?

I mean... you don't like them? Fine. You think they're overrated? I disagree, but fine.

But to hate them?

I bet they think Bach sucks, too.
    At that moment, I too hated the Beatles. I didn't take her comment all that seriously ('cause it couldn't possibly be true, right?). It just seemed like an offhand, frustrated comment due to the situation.
    <sig out of order>

Did you only watch the first minute?
    I got about 15 minutes in when I realized I was fading fast and wouldn't be able to finish it, so I changed to something else. But nothing in that 15 minutes hinted at the supernatural. Unless I missed something. Which, at my age, is entirely possible.

At that moment, I too hated the Beatles.
    I'll pretend I didn't read that.

I didn't take her comment all that seriously ('cause it couldn't possibly be true, right?). It just seemed like an offhand, frustrated comment due to the situation.
    I didn't take it that way or at face value. Like the other movie, which was actually Quiz Lady not Beacon 23 (which I corrected in my previous post), I took the comment as the writer saying they hate The Beatles. The writers, btw, are a Gen-Xer and a Millennial. Figures.
    Last edited by Hal...; 01-17-2024 at 06:13 PM.

I didn't take it that way or at face value. Like the other movie, which was actually The Quiz Lady not Beacon 23 (which I corrected in my previous post), I took the comment as the writer saying they hate The Beatles. The writers, btw, are a Gen-Xer and a Millennial. Figures.
    Maybe someday someone will interview Jodie Foster's character and get the real scoop.
    <sig out of order>

I finished Perry Mason last night. I enjoyed both seasons.

I got the impression that scene showed that Jodie Foster's character is perpetually impatient and short-tempered.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick L. View Post
    I finished Perry Mason last night. I enjoyed both seasons.
    I bailed when I heard it was canceled. Was there a cliffhanger for a nonexistent 3rd season?
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Must admit I found the Fargo season finale a little underwhelming. Some great scenes (the prison scene in particular ) but found the rest to be ho hum. Ending was meh. Still, as a whole I really enjoyed the hell out of it!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Fargo finale left a little to be desired but still unique television. Some fairly overt symbolism in the final scenes. Hamm and Temple were excellent.
    Favorite line in the whole series, from episode 9: 'No. I'm done fucking around. Tell Jerome to call the orange idiot. It's time I got something for my money.'

The most 'fuck yeah' line still is "No daughter of mine is going down on the one-yard line."
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Maybe someday someone will interview Jodie Foster's character and get the real scoop.
    I don't even know how to respond to that. lol

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I bailed when I heard it was canceled. Was there a cliffhanger for a nonexistent 3rd season?
    Nah. Pretty clean ending.

I have much to discuss once all the usual suspects have seen it but...a man is pleased with the ending of Fargo.

Fargo's ending was good but could have been much better IMO. It didn't hold up to the quality of the rest of the season for my money.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Just watched the Fargo finale tonight. I thought the whole season was great and enjoyed the ending. It was not exactly what I was expecting, but then again that is part of what I like about this show in that it does not always give you what you think it is going to give.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Just watched the Fargo finale tonight. I thought the whole season was great and enjoyed the ending. It was not exactly what I was expecting, but then again that is part of what I like about this show in that it does not always give you what you think it is going to give.
    I think that's a great point. It was definitely not what I was expecting. It defied the tropes we'd normally expect after what transpired in the first 9 episodes.
    <sig out of order>

I think that's a great point. It was definitely not what I was expecting. It defied the tropes we'd normally expect after what transpired in the first 9 episodes.
    Except for the final interaction between Sheriff Tillman and Trooper Farr. That one was right on the nose.

Quote Originally Posted by headcrash View Post
    Except for the final interaction between Sheriff Tillman and Trooper Farr. That one was right on the nose.
    True, yeah.
    <sig out of order>

Yeah, where were the scenes of carnage at the end of Fargo? I was expecting a bloody mess. Still, en enjoyable season.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I think they should have killed off the Sherriff. The series was totally engaging from beginning to end. I think it was my favourite Fargo compared to the other two seasons. Season 1 and 3 are the best.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Re the Fargo finale (spoiler alert): I found the mystery of the "man in a dress with the Three Stooges haircut" potentially being alive since the Vikings arrived on the shores of North America quite compelling.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama