Page 108 of 331 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 8265

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    My cousin flew out to Arizona last week and had downloaded The Umbrella Academy. He told me LD+R was next on his list but I convinced him to watch that first short. I also told him not all the shorts were good but most were and some were great. He ended up bingeing the whole thing.

That first one, Sonnie's Edge... man. I've seen it 3 times already. I feel like they should have saved that one for last. And I thought Lucky 13 was the best of the rest. There are a few more that are funny, but Alternate Histories is downright hilarious.
    Just hit 3 and 4. These are a lot of fun! Perfect for me right now because I'm not in the right mindset to sit through movies.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

We binged through Killing Eve. Oh.My.God.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Great show.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Killing Eve is my numero uno at present.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Yep. Another fan, here.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

CNN is having the second part to their series, Tricky Dick (Nixon) tonight. The first part was interesting too.

Wondered if anyone caught the Todd Rundgren special on AXS TV. It was good and I'm hoping they'll show it again. Just a four piece band, but really good.

Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    CNN is having the second part to their series, Tricky Dick (Nixon) tonight. The first part was interesting too.

Wondered if anyone caught the Todd Rundgren special on AXS TV. It was good and I'm hoping they'll show it again. Just a four piece band, but really good.
    I watched the Rundgren special and really liked it a lot. The version of Ra (the song) that they played was better than most different versions/band incarnations I've heard, and J O Victory is one of those songs that for me can induce "chills".
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

For you fans of Killing Eve, I saw on AMC's website that it returns April 7.

I find this really weird: I watched the first season but hardly have any recollection of it whatsoever. At first, I wondered if maybe I'd only gotten through a few episodes and forgot to finish it but when I checked, I guess I did.

I have never had a show that did not stick in my memory as much as this one. Weird.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Aaron Paul appearing on the next season of WestWorld
    https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com...view_AaronPaul

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I watched the first two last night. That first one was a total ass-kicker! I agree the 2nd one was pretty funny. No idea where it's going to go, but I'm in!
    I binged the whole sha-bang last week on my business trip down to the Carolinas. GREAT stuff!! Some of that animation was insane!
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    About Love Death + Robots, my son showed me a couple of his favorite episodes the other night, and I commented it was reminiscent of watching "Heavy Metal" (the movie) - sorry if this was mentioned above, but he said the show started as a new "Heavy Metal" movie, but the director just kind of went wild and it became a Netflix series of many episodes instead.

Quote Originally Posted by mnprogger View Post
    Aaron Paul appearing on the next season of WestWorld
    https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com...view_AaronPaul
    This season is also interesting because of who won't be in it Jimmi Simpson
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Who isn't?
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Interesting choice there. I think I'm ok with that, and hopefully it comes with the caveat that that person may return in future seasons if needs be.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Wife and I have been playing catch-up with some series and movies we've had recorded for a long time now. Really enjoying season 3 of Humans, just over half way through now. When we're done with that, I'd like to move on to River, which I think looks really good. We also never finished The Terror, which I kind of lost interest in after a few episodes, but might just finish anyway. Season 2 of Barry starts this Sunday, as well as Mrs. Wilson, both of which I'm looking forward to.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

The HLN Channel has been showing a series, Very Scary People, the current episode is Charles Manson: The Devil's Work. I'd seen several Manson docs before, but this one was fairly in depth. Harrowing stuff, but find it so weird that he could manipulate his followers so well.

I started on Nightflyers yesterday. Based on a novella by George R.R. Martin. Very dark sci-fi/suspense/thriller. 2 episodes in and I'm liking it. Gretchen Mol is the star. Anyone?
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    Harrowing stuff, but find it so weird that he could manipulate his followers so well.
    I never understand this whole phenomenon. Human beings can be really strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I started on Nightflyers yesterday. Based on a novella by George R.R. Martin. Very dark sci-fi/suspense/thriller. 2 episodes in and I'm liking it. Gretchen Mol is the star. Anyone?
    I had interest, but never pursued because I read some bad reviews. I'm curious as to your thoughts, Yves.

I had interest, but never pursued because I read some bad reviews. I'm curious as to your thoughts, Yves.
    I read where they cancelled a second season, though the story being told in the first season has an ending, since it begins at the end and then is told in flashback. So far I like it. Maybe 6 or 7 episodes in it'll seem samey...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Finally got around to watching season 3 of Preacher last night; almost binged the whole thing. Season 1 was really good, if a little slow hitting its stride, but season 2 was even better. For season 3, I'll just describe it in 5 words: outrageous; fucked up; funny; excellent.

I'm glad I did not give up on this show. This is easily top 5 of the last decade for me.

And it doesn't hurt Ruth Negga plays Tulip, who's not only hot but a badass:

Ruth Negga.jpg

Just to give you an idea of how twisted season 3 is, here are some of the characters:
    Jesse - the preacher with a criminal past and a newly discovered superpower ("the voice of God") to command others to do as he says.
    Tulip - Jesse's volatile, hell-raising girlfriend who loves muscle cars and guns.
    Cassidy - a 119 year old vampire from Ireland who looks 30, loves liquor and drugs, and who becomes Jesse's best friend as he joins Jesse and Tulip in their search for God.
    The Cowboy - a supernatural, unstoppable killer set free from Hell to kill Jesse.
    Eugene - a young guy who failed to kill himself in a suicide attempt, which left his face looking like an ass (hence his nickname "arse face" given to him by Cassidy). He's sent to Hell by Jesse on accident where he befriends Hitler.
    Hitler - yes, the Hitler who befriends Eugene in Hell.
    Humperdoo (aka the Messiah) - Jesus Christ's 17th generation progeny who has the IQ of a gnat.
    The Grail - a secret organization who all dress in white suits and who are committed to protecting the Messiah.
    Herr Starr - the Sacred Executioner of the Grail who looks like a Nazi and is tracking Jesse.
    The Allfather - the obese, gluttonous, and bulimic head of The Grail.
    Sydney - aka Abaddon, The Angel of Death. Basically, Satan's 2nd in command.
    Satan - leader of Hell.
    God - the Supreme Creator of all things who abdicates his throne and decides to spend his time in a latex dog suit riding around on a Harley with a hot, young chick on the back.

As you can see, this show is the very definition of sacrilegious.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Just found out Veronica Mars is coming back as a miniseries. Stoked about that. The movie that came out a few years ago was the last movie I've seen in a theater. Loved the show but the movie was a little disappointing. Loved Enrico what's his name Palazzo as the dad(also in Galaxy Quest).
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Season 3 of Santa Clarita Diet hit Netflix 2 days ago. Just watched ep. 1 so far. The chemistry between Olyphant & Barrymore just keeps getting better. She's now found a local group of white supremacists and is feasting on them one by one as she depletes her freezer stash. Don't know specifically why, but this show just makes me laugh my ass off.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Season 3 of Santa Clarita Diet hit Netflix 2 days ago. Just watched ep. 1 so far. The chemistry between Olyphant & Barrymore just keeps getting better. She's now found a local group of white supremacists and is feasting on them one by one as she depletes her freezer stash. Don't know specifically why, but this show just makes me laugh my ass off.
    The 2nd season was a little samey, but I still think this is a lot of fun. I'll watch for sure. I can't get enough of the neighbor kid and the daughter...those two steal the show for me
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    We watched the first three episodes of "Hanna" on Amazon last night. I usually have a hard time getting into all these series, but this one hooked me even though it's not that original - seems like a combo of Stranger Things and La Femme Nikita. Maybe it will hold some surprises.

EDIT: Episode 4 not so good - a bit too teen-oriented.
    Last edited by JKL2000; 03-31-2019 at 05:01 PM.

HBO is in the middle of a Veep marathon right now!