Thread: The Apocolypse Is Coming, snow that is

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Holy crap, worse than my whole town expected! I just waited outside in the snow with no hat or gloves for an hour waiting for my son's school bus. Eventually we learned the first sortie of buses couldn't make it back to the school to pick up the second half of the kids (including mine). I was getting ready to walk, when a neighbor was able to get him into someone's car with her and her daughter. Very confusing, but all is well (one of the earlier buses was in an accident but no one was hurt). A major miscalculation on the part of the school and the department of public works.

I was getting ready to try and build a fire on the side of the road, or just lie down in the snow and go to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I was getting ready to try and build a fire on the side of the road, or just lie down in the snow and go to sleep.
    If you decided to go to sleep on the road, make sure to stay hydrated by eating the yellow snow.

Holy crap, worse than my whole town expected! I just waited outside in the snow with no hat or gloves for an hour waiting for my son's school bus. Eventually we learned the first sortie of buses couldn't make it back to the school to pick up the second half of the kids (including mine). I was getting ready to walk, when a neighbor was able to get him into someone's car with her and her daughter. Very confusing, but all is well (one of the earlier buses was in an accident but no one was hurt). A major miscalculation on the part of the school and the department of public works.

Yikes! Glad your son made it home safely and that no one was hurt.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Yikes! Glad your son made it home safely and that no one was hurt.
    Thanks! I think there are probably still kids at the school, as some parents are having a hard time getting home. Our town is very hilly, and if they don't start salting and spreading sand soon enough, it gets crazy.

Thanks! I think there are probably still kids at the school, as some parents are having a hard time getting home. Our town is very hilly, and if they don't start salting and spreading sand soon enough, it gets crazy.
    Man... I suppose I'm fortunate in that we don't have to deal with much snow or ice in Huntsville, Alabama. Although whenever it does snow here, no one knows what to do.

In Feb 2014 and 2015 we had two big snows that resulted in roads being closed and schools and business shutting down for a day or so. It was pretty weird to have that two years in a row, because it's incredibly rare in our area. My brother and I were living in a house together at the time, and we took the opportunity to go out walking in the snow for a few hours at night through our neighborhood and downtown. We saw several groups of people who evidently had the same idea.

Holy crap, worse than my whole town expected!
    I sat in back-up on I-84 West for three-and-a-half hours. Prognostications were wildly wrong.
    Hell, they ain't even old-timey ! - Homer Stokes