Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Edgar Froese has died

Very sad news. I didn't follow T Dream much beyond Logos, but those early records are all stunning - especially the groundbreaking Zeit. I really love Epsilon in Malaysian Pale as well.

Tangerine Dream was the primary music I listened to while I wrote comics. Phaedra, Rubycon, Ricochet, Stratosfear, Tangram, Force Majeure, White Eagle, great albums, great music. I even bought his solo box set recently and loved that too. Rest in peace, and my thoughts are with his family.
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

Wow. Other words escape me. My sincerest condolences to family & close friends.
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

RIP Edgar...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    effects of a pulmonary embolism in Vienna.
    Ironically, that actually sounds like a title from an early TD album. RIP and gratitude to Edgar Froese.

Wow, terrible news. The early TD IMO were highly advanced, especially the trio of Froese, Franke and Bauman. In fact one of my favorite gloomy melloton pieces will always be"Mysterious Semblance At The Strand Of Nightmares." Saw the band several times in the 70's. They were unreal! I hope Edgar is now making music once again for Dali on a celestial beach in the cosmos. R.I.P.
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Shocked and saddened by this news. Rest in peace, Edgar. Thanks for all the great music.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Very sadden by this, before listening to Tangerine Dream I bought Stuntman on LP. Love that album, just last week I finally got it on CD. Will play it this weekend though it will be a bittersweet experience. A great musician has left us.

The next big shocker after Jack Bruce. I know the time is coming around for this generation of musicians but it doesn't make it any easier.

Just damn. RIP to one of the true originals.
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

One of my heroes and one of my more profound musical influences as a musician. A true cosmic explorer.

Sehr, sehr traurig.

Suffice it to say, but TD were my introduction to electronic music, and Edgar was indeed, the captain of that ship. A true progressive, in every sense of the word.
    Last edited by strawberrybrick; 01-23-2015 at 06:22 PM.
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

oh no no no no no no no!!!!!!!!
    I was raised on TD. I thought for sure I'd get to see him live someday.
    One of the foundational groups that got me into synthesis along with Synergy.
    RIP Edgar and thank you so much!
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Shocking news. A huge influence for many musicians.

Such sad news and a total shock to us. Mark had been speaking with them within the last week. A true pioneer and a charming witty guy. It was an honour to work on the catalogue.

Farewell maestro Edgar... Thanks for your timeless art! Tangerine Dream is playing from now on.. Thank you!!

How sad.

The gorgeous, sad theme that recurs in 'Maroubra Bay' runs through my mind, as does the noble finish to Tangram and the mysterious but beautiful last minutes of 'Rubycon, Pt. 2'.

Thanks Edgar. Rest, now.

Does it matter that this waste of time is what makes a life for you?

RIP, Edgar

Thanks for the music and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Troopers For Sound View Post
    Very sad news. I didn't follow T Dream much beyond Logos, but those early records are all stunning - especially the groundbreaking Zeit. I really love Epsilon in Malaysian Pale as well.
    Indeed, until Force Majeure (included) , everything was essential, IMHO
    Last edited by Trane; 01-24-2015 at 04:33 AM.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    WHAT!!!
    That was my reaction.

RIP
    The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off

Man, that sucks. Another giant has fallen. We were lucky to have him.

Was having a great day but his was one of those gut punches. I have probably listened to more of his music than anyone else's with the possible exception of Pink Floyd. RIP Edgar and thank for sharing your passion. Condolences to the Froese family and friends. Like many, I will remember with a TD and Edgar Froese marathon.

A long lost friend who I haven't seen in 20 plus years, contacted me this morning. Going into work, I was thinking about the times we would talk about fav TD albums. His was Stratosfear and mine was Phaedra. We even went to a TD concert together during the Optical Race tour. Extremely odd hear from him on the same day I learned of the passing of Mr Froese.

Very sad news indeed. RIP to an extremely talented individual. I will now have to go on an Optical Race this weekend.

Very sad news. I was watching Michael Mann's excellent Thief yesterday, which apart from a great film has one of their best ever film scores. And I always get annoyed when some morons try to lump it in with the 'cheesy 80's synth' scores prevalent at the time...can't they hear the damn guitar? A fine composer, keyboard player, guitarist and one of the most influential and innovative figures in music over the last 40 years. R.I.P Edgar.

Quote Originally Posted by Reginod View Post

The next big shocker after Jack Bruce. I know the time is coming around for this generation of musicians but it doesn't make it any easier.

Just damn. RIP to one of the true originals.
    Yeah, a lot of the 60s and 70s music heroes are reaching their twilight years. RIP. Im going to listen to something I have not played in a while... Maybe the old ENCORE.image.jpg
    Still alive and well...

Quote Originally Posted by Harbottle View Post
    According to Tangerine Dream's facebook page, Edgar Froese died on Tuesday...
    I'm very sad to read this.

I've loved his music...