Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Camel - Dust and Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Squigelyfox View Post
    Exactly! It's not theirs to give away is it? Not a good way to help Camel.
    I am sure Andy and Susan would just be thrilled to know that someone is giving free Camel CDs away. Last time I checked, Camel Productions was not a charitable organization. It's hard to believe though that these are bootlegs because of the expensive, clever and diverse looking cover art on each album. The band released a lot of albums over the years. After looking at these knockoffs, I don't know why the band put so much thought into the original artwork for each album. Why didn't Andy, Peter and the other members just keep using pictures of Camels? They even could have called one of their album's 'Hump Day'. Hopefully the wankers who produced these free CDs didn't run out of pictures of Camel's before they got through stealing the whole discography. Just so darn clever using Camels on a Camel album. 😏 I respect that the original poster is a fan of the band, but these CDs are a bunch of BS. Plus, the fact that they are remixing or remastering the work without the permission of the band is just plain wrong.
    Last edited by Patelena396; 01-24-2015 at 02:44 PM.

I like "Dust and Dreams" quite a bit. Haven't listened to it in years. I think I like "A Nod and a Wink" the most of the newer albums, but that can vary, as they are all quite consistent. The first 6 are fairly equal, to me as well. Favorite Camel tunes continue to be "Echoes", "Never Let Go", "Six Ate", "Supertwister", "Song Within A Song", but I would probably throw newer ones like "Rose of Sharon", "Coming of Age", "Three Wishes" and "Squigely Fair" in there too.

Quote Originally Posted by perpetual strange View Post
    I like "Dust and Dreams" quite a bit. Haven't listened to it in years. I think I like "A Nod and a Wink" the most of the newer albums, but that can vary, as they are all quite consistent. The first 6 are fairly equal, to me as well. Favorite Camel tunes continue to be "Echoes", "Never Let Go", "Six Ate", "Supertwister", "Song Within A Song", but I would probably throw newer ones like "Rose of Sharon", "Coming of Age", "Three Wishes" and "Squigely Fair" in there too.
    To those songs i could add: Miller's Tale (great instrumental). A boy's life, Simple Pleasures, Lawrence, Rajaz, Watching the Bobbins. I'm one of the few (I think) that the later Camel output is much better than their earlier records. To my ears they are improving with each new record.

Quote Originally Posted by gilawi View Post
    To those songs i could add: Miller's Tale (great instrumental). A boy's life, Simple Pleasures, Lawrence, Rajaz, Watching the Bobbins. I'm one of the few (I think) that the later Camel output is much better than their earlier records. To my ears they are improving with each new record.

Have to agree here. First few albums were great but they slacked off mid-period, big time. But starting with Dust and Dreams, they went from strength to strength, culminating with their best song, IMO, For Today, which was the last song on the last album (not counting re-make of Snow Goose). Which begs the question, where would they go from there? It's not too late, you know!

I've always thought that "Hopeless Anger" was one of Camel's best tracks ever. It's a real in your face song, but also unmistakably Camel. "Mother Road" is another good track from this, but not as strongly developed as "Hopeless Anger" a real showstopper, live.

Just listening to this major work from Camel. Andy's strongest hour yet? Yeah, the drums.. Yeah, the keyboard sounds.. Yeah, yeah and to hell with it. This is music for the soul, such musical poetry! There's a tremendous feeling in D&D that gets me every time! I tell you. As much as I love all Camel albums, this very album is genious from start to end. Criminally underrated!!