Thread: Neil Peart on NPR

Neil Peart on NPR

Did anyone catch Mr. Neil Peart on NPR Radio this morning? They are doing stories on drummers this week and Neil was today's (Tuesday) subject. It was very well done and can be read and/or listened to on the NPR site.

I hope you enjoy it!

Wow. No. I'm a big NPR fan(as well as a big Neil/Rush fan) so I'll have to check this out later. Thanks for the heads up.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotron View Post
    Did anyone catch Mr. Neil Peart on NPR Radio this morning? They are doing stories on drummers this week and Neil was today's (Tuesday) subject. It was very well done and can be read and/or listened to on the NPR site.

I hope you enjoy it!
    Thanks, just listened to it ( my luck, I heard the story about fish this morning but missed Neil Peart!). I enjoyed it, but I wish they'd played a bit of something later than Moving Pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Thanks, just listened to it ( my luck, I heard the story about fish this morning but missed Neil Peart!). I enjoyed it, but I wish they'd played a bit of something later than Moving Pictures.
    Agreed. I think they were trying to make it clear to non-Rush fans that the band has had some huge, mainstream hits.

I heard it too. Was surprised to hear Peart say he practiced obsessively for three decades. I mean, he is JUST a drummer...

http://www.npr.org/2015/01/06/375171...t-rock-drummer

Very interesting. Good exposure not that RUSH needs it.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

It wasn't so much WHAT he said (we have heard most of it all before) but rather, HOW he said it. His enthusiasm and energy were quite evident.
    He sounds happy.