Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ticketmaster (Bastard) rant

The very same!

One thing you will notice Bob is that Americans pay the lowest amount of money than anyone for anything in the world, but they're the biggest complainers about the price of things.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

The cost of entertainment is absolutely absurd. Whether it's a concert, sporting event, or a movie, the prices seem to go up all the time. But, as long as they can get away with it, the powers that be will charge as much as they can. As long as the (m)asses pay for these events, it will keep on happening.

Quote Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post
    I wouldn't mind betting that some of the people whingeing about Ticketmaster's prices, or about concert prices in general, are the same people who are paying $70+ for the latest super-duper deluxe remastered edition of <insert album name> with 120-page booklet of photos of nothing in particular,
    Not at all comparable.

When Burning Shed starts adding $35 "convenience fees" at the end of your transaction, you might have an argument.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    The very same!

One thing you will notice Bob is that Americans pay the lowest amount of money than anyone for anything in the world, but they're the biggest complainers about the price of things.
    ...and the criticism often leveled at Australians is that we do not complain enough. That is, not constructive complaining - we may mutter about things under our breath, or perhaps to our friends, but we don't then take steps to address the problem, such as complaining to the price and competition watchdog; we just meekly pay.

I think this is perhaps less true these days, when the Internet makes it so easy to compare prices across the world, and to do things like start a Facebook campaign against something perceived as unfair.

We Canadians are the same way. Impose any tax you want on us. At first we'll complain but we'll also make sure we're not a day late sending you that cheque!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Well, we 'Mericans are better than you Australians and Canadians, so it's highly offensive when we have to pay more than we think we should.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    The very same!

You think there's no correlation?
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    It's not only TicketBastard doing some bilking.
    Indeed. I was just e-mailed an announcement from a local group running charity auction. If you participate, you can be eligible to be the grand winner of four Pittsburgh Penguins hockey tickets, a $500.00 value!!! Four fucking tickets for $500.00. Add the $20.00 parking, $5.00 hotdogs and soft drinks, and you can take your family of four for about $600.00 for one night.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Well, we 'Mericans are better than you Australians and Canadians, so it's highly offensive when we have to pay more than we think we should.
    FWIW, our wars and politicians cost more.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    FWIW, our wars and politicians cost more.
    Here we go...
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rune Blackwings View Post
    Here we go...
    No, here we don't go. It was a joke. Get it? Humor. It was non-partisan. Unless, of course, you think the wars and politicians have been a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    It's not only TicketBastard doing some bilking. Just had to purchase tix for an upcoming Fenway show through the Red Sox box office. $75 tix + $20 processing fee + $4.59 "convenience" fee (???) + $2.95 "delivery" fee (even tho I printed them!!!).
    I can't remember what it was, but for some event I went to last year I could choose to have my ticket mailed to me for a $3 fee. Or I could choose to pick up my ticket at the will-call window, for a $3 fee. Or I could choose to print my ticket at home...for a $3 fee.

I went with the snail mail option for the satisfaction of knowing it was at least costing them *something*.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Tickets: $75.99
    Bone-Up-The-Ass: $18.95

Total Suckled from Teat: $94.94

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Tickets: $75.99
    Bone-Up-The-Ass: $18.95

Total Suckled from Teat: $94.94
    Chances that the average consumer will "take it like a man" and ask for more: 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonic Scientist View Post
    So, the Wife like Fleetwood Mac and since they're coming to town I thought that it would be nice to take her since I drag her to many shows that She sometimes would rather pass on. I go on-line and lo-and-behold, the tickets are $179.50 each....but, on top of that, the added fees are: $26.05....14.5% of the original ticket price.......seems a bit steep to me.

Ugh!
    If it works like the local ticket vendor around here, the venue makes the most money from that $26.05
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    What was the convenience??
    The convenience is that Pepe bought the tickets while he was sittin' on the fookin' hoppa' !!!

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    I went to a record show with an admission and people were moaning about the 1$ fee (I bitched because I am paying to spend money -wtf? Although to make it more attractive, I guess they have to ask for admission). Not to condone Ticketmaster, but the fees reflect not just executives having a "training" meeting in Hawaii, but every entity that touches the service of providing those tickets has their hands on it. Card issuers and financial institutions have interchange fees. There's payment processor fees and assorted other fees in processing and such. Not to mention taxes on everything.to process anything involves a bunch of crap-core systems, BSA compliance and other things done regulation related, etc. That's not to say Ticketbastard is not pirating shit though.
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Indeed. I was just e-mailed an announcement from a local group running charity auction. If you participate, you can be eligible to be the grand winner of four Pittsburgh Penguins hockey tickets, a $500.00 value!!! Four fucking tickets for $500.00. Add the $20.00 parking, $5.00 hotdogs and soft drinks, and you can take your family of four for about $600.00 for one night.
    And I bet there were some holier-than-thou yuppies bidding a grand or more to win the $500.00 prize. Dimes to donuts that those tickets were not the best in the house.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

I don't think I know of a business that cares less about its customers than Tickethustler, or that suckles at their teats more voraciously.

I don't think I know of a business that cares less about its customers than Tickethustler, or that suckles at their teats more voraciously.
    That would be Comcast.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    IRS

^ LOL, some PE gold from me from two years ago!

I resurrected this thread to ask a question. When a show like the Roger Waters shows goes on sale, are tickets only available from Ticketmaster and at the venue box office (I'm not counting resellers)? There's a thread on a Marillion Facebook group about ticks for their London Palladium show, and people have been saying tickets are available from several different sites.

Is it different in the U.K.? When Roger Waters tickets went on sale I only tried Ticketmaster. Would the be/have been available from other sites? I thought Ticketf*cker had a monopoly.

^ LOL, some PE gold from me from two years ago!

I resurrected this thread to ask a question. When a show like the Roger Waters shows goes on sale, are tickets only available from Ticketmaster and at the venue box office (I'm not counting resellers)? There's a thread on a Marillion Facebook group about ticks for their London Palladium show, and people have been saying tickets are available from several different sites.

Is it different in the U.K.? When Roger Waters tickets went on sale I only tried Ticketmaster. Would the be/have been available from other sites? I thought Ticketf*cker had a monopoly.
    In some cases, like with King Crimson here, special front row(s) type packages are sold through the band's website and sometimes a company like CID will package seats/hotels together for out of towners. Usually the venues box office starts selling tickets a day after the internet on-sale. Many, like MSG sell tickets without the fee$. Otherwise it's typically livenation/ticketmaster or ticketfly; smaller venues have their own box offices/on-line ticketing systems.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

There's an article in today's NY Times about the Bad Bunny (?!) concert in Mexico City, which Ticketbastard's ticket-reading system totally screwed up. It contains this sweet little bit:

Mexico’s consumer protection watchdog, known as Profeco, has called for Ticketmaster to reimburse valid ticket holders who were denied entry the full cost of their ticket, plus a 20 percent compensation fee. Ticketmaster agreed to the agency’s demands.

What's the matter, Ticketbastard, do those fees seem excessive? Suck it!