Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steve Rothery

I have many favorite guitarists like Howe, Hackett, Page, Lifeson, VH, Gilmour, but, hands down, the guy who writes the most melodic, memorable solos (IMHO) is SR. And this is coming from a guy who really hasn't been a Marillion fan since Holidays in Eden.
    Last edited by Adinfinitum; 03-21-2013 at 09:19 PM.

I'd say Seasons End for sure. To me that was the absolute peak of his tasty, tasty solos and there are also a good fistful of his better rhythm parts. There are probably individual songs on other albums that I like better, but for the biggest concentration of some of his best work, that's what I'd suggest.

Just spent part of an evening with Steve Rothery and he is a class act. What a night!

My favourite Rothery solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilton Said... View Post
    I would have to agree with the above post. However, for a good cross section of his more David Gilmour influenced playing, I'd go with the live album Thieving Magpie which was the last album with Fish. It features material from all Fish albums and has some great solos like script for a Jesters Tear, Sugar Mice, and Chelsea Monday. The live Made Again from the H era has Splintering Heart (2 great solos), Easter, and all of Brave.
    I just realized that I agreed with another poster.... I didn't look at who it was, I just agreed. I only know just noticed that the other poster is myself. I'm an idiot. At least I didn't disagree.
    Wilton Said... , Toronto Art Rock.
    http://www.wiltonsaid.com