Thread: OK Go has done it again.

OK Go has done it again.

Real?, CGI?, sure, wow!
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

I vote "real." They're pretty well-known for their painstakingly elaborate videos.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I think the first 90% is real, the high altitude shot of the ground.....perhaps a bit of help.
    OK Go gets all of the cool toys, and video producers.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by markwoll View Post
    Real?, CGI?
    a lil of both

Ive been a fan of these guys since the early 2000s

Wow, I haven't heard this name in a few years. Maybe someone will post a Soundtrack of our lives video too.

Another recent one and there is a whole slew of Behind The Scene (BTS) videos on their Youtube channel on how it was made.

Hands down, the best videos by any band. For the younger folks out there...this is what your IMAGINATION can be used for
    "The Bill of Rights says nothing about the freedom of hearing. This, of course, takes a lot of the fun out of the freedom of speech." - Pat Paulsen

My Art- http://www.facebook.com/rabidrenfro -My Life

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Hands down, the best videos by any band. For the younger folks out there...this is what your IMAGINATION can be used for

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXymphonia View Post

Another recent one and there is a whole slew of Behind The Scene (BTS) videos on their Youtube channel on how it was made.
    Now THAT'S the bomb.

It sure looks like all one cut, but I don't see how that could be done.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Up until the end, I thought they were just using some really elaborate and clever tracking and crane process (though the logistics of that still boggle me). But the high altitude shot really threw me off....it seems like a drone of some sort is the only way to accomplish that, but it seems like you'd have to have the most accomplished drone operator in the world to pull something like that off. Either way, very entertaining, although I still enjoy that "Writing on the Wall" video more in terms of pure creativity.

Apparently it was filmed with a GPS-controlled drone camera, so the ending where the camera rises above the clouds might actually be real.

There are some minor mistakes in the choreography if you look closely - two of the band members fail to grab each others arms when the dancing girls appear for the first time around 1:10, and some of the "pixels" are switching places at the very last moment before the big finale starts.

In any case, it's easily the most impressive music video I've seen for a while. If a time traveller from the 80s was to travel to year 2014 to check out how music videos have progressed since the era of Sledgehammer, this would definitely be the one to show him.