Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New PFM Project 'Il suono del tempo'

Just ordered the fourth and fifth titles from Lasers Edge. This completes my collection, now to figure out how to order the box with these coupons...
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I also now have them all in my possession. Will order box.
    David Robin
    Filmmaker/Drummer
    www.steelyjam.com
    www.davidrobinfilms.com

Quote Originally Posted by jefftiger View Post
    It's interesting that Apple has pulled "The World" from its iTunes store. Perhaps this was in response to my complaint about "The Mountain" which Brian first noted on the Amazon digital release. Hopefully, Aereostella will fix the mastering issue.
    Amazon has now pulled this as well

Haven't seen any reports on the CD, and if the issue is there in that format

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Griffin View Post
    Amazon has now pulled this as well

Haven't seen any reports on the CD, and if the issue is there in that format
    The CD is fine, I just checked it and "The Mountain" is the full 10+ minutes.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I listened to the L'Isola... and didn't like the way it sounded at all. Just not a very good job of it, not the audio quality.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I listened to the L'Isola... and didn't like the way it sounded at all. Just not a very good job of it, not the audio quality.
    Do you mean the original L'Isola di Niente? Or the new live rendition (I believe it's just called Un' Isola)?

Only reason I ask is because L'Isola di Niente is one of my "desert island discs".

i hear franco has left the band. if so his great voice and incredible guitar would be missed

So where do I send these five coupons for the box?

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    So where do I send these five coupons for the box?
    To answer my own question:

Aereostella sas
    v. Elia Lombardini, 4
    20143 Milano

... in case anyone else was wondering. Going to mail these off today!

So has anyone in the US actually received the box? I find it odd that they would be willing to mail a box for free from Italy to the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by bobg56 View Post
    So has anyone in the US actually received the box? I find it odd that they would be willing to mail a box for free from Italy to the USA.
    I'm in Canada, but I actually only got around to mailing my coupons this past Monday, so I'm not expecting anything for at least another week or two. I'd hardly call it "free" though. All told, those five (short) discs ended up costing me over $150. That's a mighty expensive boxed set.

Im still waiting, but it's only been about 2 weeks.
    David Robin
    Filmmaker/Drummer
    www.steelyjam.com
    www.davidrobinfilms.com

Slightly out or Topic:

PFM will play a gig (at least) in NYC soon... (further info still to come)

Well I have all my coupons, but am waiting to mail them in till I see someone else in the US received the box. Once I mail them, I have no proof that I had the coupons.

Bob

Well I have all my coupons, but am waiting to mail them in till I see someone else in the US received the box. Once I mail them, I have no proof that I had the coupons.

Bob
    I made a photo copy
    David Robin
    Filmmaker/Drummer
    www.steelyjam.com
    www.davidrobinfilms.com

Quote Originally Posted by ProgUK View Post
    I made a photo copy
    That's actually not a bad idea.

Bob

When one person says they received the box, I will mail my coupons in.

Bob

When one person says they received the box, I will mail my coupons in.
    Nothing yet. I mailed mine on Monday, April 13th, directly from the post office. So it's been nearly a month now. I'll report back when the box shows.

It's been 40 days since I mailed the coupons. I finally e-mailed them asking if they could confirm they had shipped the box. The response? They want €12.20 shipping.

I've just e-mailed them again and informed them that nowhere did it say a shipping fee was required, and that I've already spent over $150 on these discs, and I don't want to spend another $16.50 on shipping. What if I hadn't e-mailed them? This is all a big ripoff. Don't bother.

That totally sucks

Not sure what I would do in your place, the box is essential

On second thought, I do know what I'd do - throw the money at them get the box

You'll bring yourself a lot more enjoyment having the complete set displayed in all it's glory

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

That totally sucks

Not sure what I would do in your place, the box is essential

On second thought, I do know what I'd do - throw the money at them get the box

You'll bring yourself a lot more enjoyment having the complete set displayed in all it's glory

BG
    Oh, you are being the little devil on my shoulder. I'm sure I'll cave, but right now I'm being angry and stubborn. I also am curious... is it just some flimsy cardboard holder?

Oh, you are being the little devil on my shoulder. I'm sure I'll cave, but right now I'm being angry and stubborn. I also am curious... is it just some flimsy cardboard holder?
    Everything made in Italy is great, this will be no exception

How are these holding up for you as far as spins?

I've given each of them a spin or two and liked them, but I'm probably at the point where if I want to hear these discs I'd probably play the originals

BG

Everything made in Italy is great, this will be no exception

How are these holding up for you as far as spins?

I've given each of them a spin or two and liked them, but I'm probably at the point where if I want to hear these discs I'd probably play the originals

BG
    Oh, I'm definitely at the same point as you. But as a major PFM fan and collector of anything they did outside of the 80s , I had to have them. I voluntarily paid the rather high prices, but I am not happy about being fleeced. The deal was: I collect all five, and turn in the coupons for the box. They are not honoring that deal.

It's been 40 days since I mailed the coupons. I finally e-mailed them asking if they could confirm they had shipped the box. The response? They want €12.20 shipping.

I've just e-mailed them again and informed them that nowhere did it say a shipping fee was required, and that I've already spent over $150 on these discs, and I don't want to spend another $16.50 on shipping. What if I hadn't e-mailed them? This is all a big ripoff. Don't bother.
    All things considered, shipping overseas has become very expensive -- especially for bulky items, like box sets (or boxes build to house box sets).

Just playing devil's advocate, of course. :P

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    All things considered, shipping overseas has become very expensive -- especially for bulky items, like box sets (or boxes build to house box sets).

Just playing devil's advocate, of course. :P
    Wasn't the deal. Just saying...