Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ROSfest 2015 Lineup Announcements

After a shitty stay at the Eisenhower ( old part ) 2 years ago, not gonna stay there again. The aspire part, perhaps.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    You should see the dump I stay in at RIO every year

Is there transport between the hotel & venue? (sorry for all the questions from the noobie)
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

The Eisenhower (old) section was, in a word, disgusting.

The (Eisenhower) Aspire (new) section is much cleaner and nicer, with newer furniture and bathroom fixtures, as well as a frig/microwave in every room/suite.

Luxury it ain't, but it's comparable to, for instance, a Hampton.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Nothing official, lots of car pooling.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Ian - you basically bum rides, from anyone going, and for the return trip, the same applies, if you don't have a car there.

Kay & I always drive there from Madison (farther than Boston), but there has never afaik been a single problem getting everyone there & back. It's about a 15 minute drive.

We usually have room for 2 more.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Ian - you basically bum rides, from anyone going, and for the return trip, the same applies, if you don't have a car there.

Kay & I always drive there from Madison (farther than Boston), but there has never afaik been a single problem getting everyone there & back. It's about a 15 minute drive.

We usually have room for 2 more.
    Can I provisionally book a seat
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

If you're in the lobby when we're going into town, of course.

However, you'll see right away that this is another very cooperative and helpful group and there is "no child left behind".

If you're in the lobby when we're going into town, of course.

However, you'll see right away that this is another very cooperative and helpful group and there is "no child left behind".
    Ian

So who's going to be holding up the PE signs?

The last few years we have gone in with other friends and rented a townhouse for the weekend a couple of blocks from the venue. It ends up being about the same price as staying in a hotel. The great thing about it is that you can walk back and forth in between shows, have a fridge full of beer available, and don't have to drive anywhere. The only negative is missing out of the afterparties at the official hotel, so it is a bit of a tradeoff, but it has worked well for us the last few years.

As I have to fly in to the area from Pluto (ok, actually the high desert plains), I rent a car in Harrisburg and drive from there, so I will have transportation if anyone needs it. Always willing to add a few to the car!

Just booked a room at the Eisenhower. I don't think I've ever stayed anywhere else.

I have got my gold seats. Row K on the aisle. I will not be saying at the Eisenhower. I usually stay at the Gettysburg Hotel. Mainly because it is around the corner from the theater.
    No need to worry about parking and it is just so convenient. Not sure how long this will last since they decided to eliminate the free morning coffee and now I
    have to drive to Starbucks.

There's a note on Rosfest's website that the Gettysburg Hotel has construction going on and won't be renting rooms in 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    Yep. Not true but you know how these things go. People either forget or they don't do their homework.
    "With hundreds of live performances under their belt…"

Hundreds?

There's a note on Rosfest's website that the Gettysburg Hotel has construction going on and won't be renting rooms in 2015

There was a similar note last year, and there were rooms available. However, the place had been renovated, and the cost just about doubled, so I stayed elsewhere. I had stayed there dfor a few years, truly very convienient!

After last year (the hotel accused us of smoking in our room and tried to charge us a huge fee), we likely won't be staying in the Eisenhower this year.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeptrick View Post
    After last year (the hotel accused us of smoking in our room and tried to charge us a huge fee), we likely won't be staying in the Eisenhower this year.
    OK they didn't state any smoking

I bought a Gold ticket (H-112) and reserved a room at the Aspire Hotel as well. Does anyone have any insight about who George might get for the Sunday headliner? 3 Friends? Magic Pie? Pendragon?

Library Jon

I have no insight.

I especially have no insight on George Roldan's pick for Sunday headliner.

I too have zero info on potential festival closers, but Magic Pie, who for a while were referred to by some as the "Rosfest house band", would be a fitting & superb choice. One can only hope.

ALERT!! Highly subjective post.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    "With hundreds of live performances under their belt…"

Hundreds?
    Ok, why are you quoting me? Your statement doesn't seem related(at least not directly related)to my statement. I never said anything about live performances(hundreds or otherwise).

I too have zero info on potential festival closers, but Magic Pie, who for a while were referred to by some as the "Rosfest house band", would be a fitting & superb choice. One can only hope.

ALERT!! Highly subjective post.
    I can name a few possibilities but I won't open that can of worms.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    Ok, why are you quoting me? Your statement doesn't seem related(at least not directly related)to my statement. I never said anything about live performances(hundreds or otherwise).
    It was a continuation to your statement of:

People either forget or they don't do their homework.
    …and is definitely related to your response about the errors in the announcement. Go back and re-read the thread and you will see.

The quote was from the ROSfest page announcing Spock's Beard.

Why is talking about potential bands for Rosfest a touchy subject? Doesn't almost everyone have very similar interest in who we would like to see? Who wouldn't want to see a band like 3 Friends or Magic Pie? I just don't understand!

Library Jon