Thread: Mingo Lewis-Flight Never Ending official digital and high res release

Mingo Lewis-Flight Never Ending official digital and high res release

At last! Digital versions of Mingo Lewis "Flight Never Ending" are available for download in standard resolution at iTunes/Amazon et al, streaming at Spotify, Google Play et al and high resolution FLAC 96kHz/24bit Download at Acoustic Sounds (I believe HDTracks will have it as well at some point).
    If you dig mid-70s style fusion a la Return to Forever & Al DiMeola, you'll LOVE this album.
    Daily jazz vinyl reviews on Instagram @jazzandcoffee

no CD release, I guess.

I'm not going to buy downloads when I can stream it entirely on YT, but I'd buy the CD
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Agreed - great album. With Trane on this one - waiting patiently for the CD. I have the LP as my source copy until then.

is this legit?

I only recently shared my labor of love digital remaster from pristine vinyl
    I spent hours upon hours making this album sound stunning and if this is a bootleg release of my work then anyone who wants it can just contact me instead
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    no CD release, I guess.

I'm not going to buy downloads when I can stream it entirely on YT, but I'd buy the CD
    There was a cd released I think by someone in Germany. Probably not legal but is still available I think.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    There was a cd released I think by someone in Germany. Probably not legal but is still available I think.
    The album was reissued on CD by FootPrint Records in 2007. I have the CD and it looks as a legitimate edition, with complete original artwork, credits etc. I think I bought it from Greg Walker around that time, but from a quick search, it seems that it is still available at Amazon. Stimulating music, it stresses the importance of Mingo Lewis' contribution in shaping the early Al di Meola sound.

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    is this legit?

I only recently shared my labor of love digital remaster from pristine vinyl
    I spent hours upon hours making this album sound stunning and if this is a bootleg release of my work then anyone who wants it can just contact me instead
    Yes. Fully legit. No other commercial CD releases came from this:

photo.jpg
    Daily jazz vinyl reviews on Instagram @jazzandcoffee

Quote Originally Posted by zyryab View Post
    The album was reissued on CD by FootPrint Records in 2007. I have the CD and it looks as a legitimate edition, with complete original artwork, credits etc. I think I bought it from Greg Walker around that time, but from a quick search, it seems that it is still available at Amazon. Stimulating music, it stresses the importance of Mingo Lewis' contribution in shaping the early Al di Meola sound.
    That CD is a pirate most assuredly. Ken was looking to reissue this a few years back, and Sony still has the rights I believe.

While on the topic of Mingo Lewis, how many folks here know about Light Year? They were the San Francisco based band that Lewis pulled from for Flight Never Ending. I have a full feature on my UMR blog here Really fantastic stuff.

Obligatory Youtube post:

They were the San Francisco based band that Lewis pulled from for Flight Never Ending.
    I might've seen that band with Mingo. I saw Mingo with a fusion band in the mid-ish 70s (probably 77-78, don't remember exactley now). The show was at Winterland and they were the opening band before some big name, latin jazz band. Mingo was the fastest conga drummer I'd ever heard or seen up to that point. I met Mingo once in the Mission District. I know he's played with Santana, Al D, The Tubes, etc. The only recordings I have of him were on a few early Al D albums I had. The guy smokes.

Quote Originally Posted by zyryab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ashratom View Post
    That CD is a pirate most assuredly. Ken was looking to reissue this a few years back, and Sony still has the rights I believe.
    I on ly own one Footprint CD and it's Tea & Symphony's Jo Sago (their elusive but still very good second album)....

I doubt Footprint is legit, though
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.