Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marillion - Fugazi Deluxe Edition 9-10-21

Marillion - Fugazi Deluxe Edition 9-10-21

Well, Fugazi is the latest for the Deluxe treatment. Release September 10th The following is from the Amazon description:

In March 1984, Marillion released their second studio album Fugazi, which went on to be certified Gold and reach number 5 in the UK albums charts. The classic album spawned two singles Assassing and Punch & Judy, both reaching #22 and #29 on the UK singles charts respectively.
    -
    Fugazi was the first Marillion album to feature Ian Mosley on drums and percussion, replacing Mick Pointer after the highly successful Script For A Jester’s Tear.It also included Fish, Steve Rothery, Pete Trewavas and Mark Kelly.
    -
    The 3CD/Blu-Ray book opens with brand-new 2021 remixed stereo versions by Andy Bradfield and Avril Mackintosh, who also remixed the deluxe editions of Script For A Jester’s Tear and Clutching At Straws. It also includes a show from The Spectrum, Montreal, Canada recorded in 1984. The performance includes fan favourites from both Fugazi and their debut album Script For A Jester’s Tear in the form of tracks such as Jigsaw, Incubus, He Knows You Know, Chelsea Monday and much more.
    -
    The Blu-ray features 96k/24-bit versions of both the new Fugazi stereo remix and the Live at The Spectrum, Montreal, Canada concert and contains a 5.1 surround sound version of the new 2021 stereo remix of Fugazi. The Blu-ray also contains a compelling look at the fascinating story behind Fugazi in a new documentary, entitled The Performance Has Just Begun, which features all the band members talking about how the album came to fruition. This is followed by the band giving an insightful track-by-track commentary of the album, as well as the music video of Assassing with both the original and remix audio.

The 4LP Boxset opens with brand-new 2021 remixed stereo versions by Andy Bradfield and Avril Mackintosh, who also remixed the deluxe editions of Script For A Jester’s Tear and Clutching At Straws. They also include a show from The Spectrum, Montreal, Canada recorded in 1984. The performance includes fan favourites from both Fugazi and their debut album Script For A Jester’s Tear in the form of tracks such as Jigsaw, Incubus, He Knows You Know, Chelsea Monday and much more.
    -
    Tracklisting:
    CD1: Stereo Album 2021 Remix

Assassing (7:01)
    Punch And Judy (3:22)
    Jigsaw (6.49)
    Emerald Lies (5:08)
    She Chameleon (6:53)
    Incubus (8:30)
    Fugazi (8:02)

CD2: Live at The Spectrum, Montreal, Canada, 20th June 1984 (Part 1)

Assassing (7:28)
    Punch And Judy (4:03)
    Jigsaw (6.34)
    Script For A Jester's Tear (9:00)
    Chelsea Monday (8:15)
    Emerald Lies (5:21)
    Cinderella Search (5:47)
    Incubus (9.00)

CD3: Live at The Spectrum, Montreal, Canada, 20th June 1984 (Part 2)

Charting the Single (7:02)
    He Knows You Know (5:56)
    Fugazi (9:11)
    Forgotten Sons (11:03)
    Garden Party (6.35)
    Market Square Heroes (10:46)

-
    Blu-ray
    Audio
    Fugazi 2021 Stereo Remix - 96/24 Stereo LPCM / DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 / 96/24 5.1 LPCM

Assassing
    Punch & Judy
    Jigsaw
    Emerald Lies
    She Chameleon
    Incubus
    Fugazi

Live in Montreal 1984 - 96/24 Stereo LPCM

Assassing
    Punch & Judy
    Jigsaw
    Script for a Jester’s Tear
    Chelsea Monday
    Emerald Lies
    Cinderella Search
    Incubus
    Charting the Single
    He Knows You Know
    Fugazi
    Forgotten Sons
    Garden Party
    Market Square Heroes

Extra Tracks - 48/16 Stereo LPCM

Cinderella Search

Saw the preorder today on Burning Shed first. While the CD Book and LP box prices looked GOOD....Watch out for Shipping to the US $98.00! That's as much as buying the CD book AND the LP Box.

Amazon's prices were about the norm for a CD Booklet....$39.98 and the LP Box was $79.98.....but Free Prime shipping.

ImportCD has not listed it yet........and I'll wait to see if Ken @ LE will stock it.

Fugazi was my introduction to Marillion when it first came out.....what an in-your-face album it was at the time!
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Once again, I look forward to AND dread at the same time the weekly updates from Burning Shed & Lasers Edge.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    Once again, I look forward to AND dread at the same time the weekly updates from Burning Shed & Lasers Edge.
    My wife appears to have taken care of ordering all the versions from Racket Records, which I'll take as inoculation against ordering some other expensive release.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    Well, Fugazi is the latest for the Deluxe treatment. Release September 10th The following is from the Amazon description:

In March 1984, Marillion released their second studio album Fugazi, which went on to be certified Gold and reach number 5 in the UK albums charts. The classic album spawned two singles Assassing and Punch & Judy, both reaching #22 and #29 on the UK singles charts respectively.
    -
    Fugazi was the first Marillion album to feature Ian Mosley on drums and percussion, replacing Mick Pointer after the highly successful Script For A Jester’s Tear.It also included Fish, Steve Rothery, Pete Trewavas and Mark Kelly.
    -
    The 3CD/Blu-Ray book opens with brand-new 2021 remixed stereo versions by Andy Bradfield and Avril Mackintosh, who also remixed the deluxe editions of Script For A Jester’s Tear and Clutching At Straws. It also includes a show from The Spectrum, Montreal, Canada recorded in 1984. The performance includes fan favourites from both Fugazi and their debut album Script For A Jester’s Tear in the form of tracks such as Jigsaw, Incubus, He Knows You Know, Chelsea Monday and much more.
    -
    The Blu-ray features 96k/24-bit versions of both the new Fugazi stereo remix and the Live at The Spectrum, Montreal, Canada concert and contains a 5.1 surround sound version of the new 2021 stereo remix of Fugazi. The Blu-ray also contains a compelling look at the fascinating story behind Fugazi in a new documentary, entitled The Performance Has Just Begun, which features all the band members talking about how the album came to fruition. This is followed by the band giving an insightful track-by-track commentary of the album, as well as the music video of Assassing with both the original and remix audio.

The 4LP Boxset opens with brand-new 2021 remixed stereo versions by Andy Bradfield and Avril Mackintosh, who also remixed the deluxe editions of Script For A Jester’s Tear and Clutching At Straws. They also include a show from The Spectrum, Montreal, Canada recorded in 1984. The performance includes fan favourites from both Fugazi and their debut album Script For A Jester’s Tear in the form of tracks such as Jigsaw, Incubus, He Knows You Know, Chelsea Monday and much more.
    -
    Tracklisting:
    CD1: Stereo Album 2021 Remix

Assassing (7:01)
    Punch And Judy (3:22)
    Jigsaw (6.49)
    Emerald Lies (5:08)
    She Chameleon (6:53)
    Incubus (8:30)
    Fugazi (8:02)

CD2: Live at The Spectrum, Montreal, Canada, 20th June 1984 (Part 1)

Assassing (7:28)
    Punch And Judy (4:03)
    Jigsaw (6.34)
    Script For A Jester's Tear (9:00)
    Chelsea Monday (8:15)
    Emerald Lies (5:21)
    Cinderella Search (5:47)
    Incubus (9.00)

CD3: Live at The Spectrum, Montreal, Canada, 20th June 1984 (Part 2)

Charting the Single (7:02)
    He Knows You Know (5:56)
    Fugazi (9:11)
    Forgotten Sons (11:03)
    Garden Party (6.35)
    Market Square Heroes (10:46)

-
    Blu-ray
    Audio
    Fugazi 2021 Stereo Remix - 96/24 Stereo LPCM / DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 / 96/24 5.1 LPCM

Assassing
    Punch & Judy
    Jigsaw
    Emerald Lies
    She Chameleon
    Incubus
    Fugazi

Live in Montreal 1984 - 96/24 Stereo LPCM

Assassing
    Punch & Judy
    Jigsaw
    Script for a Jester’s Tear
    Chelsea Monday
    Emerald Lies
    Cinderella Search
    Incubus
    Charting the Single
    He Knows You Know
    Fugazi
    Forgotten Sons
    Garden Party
    Market Square Heroes

Extra Tracks - 48/16 Stereo LPCM

Cinderella Search

Saw the preorder today on Burning Shed first. While the CD Book and LP box prices looked GOOD....Watch out for Shipping to the US $98.00! That's as much as buying the CD book AND the LP Box.

Amazon's prices were about the norm for a CD Booklet....$39.98 and the LP Box was $79.98.....but Free Prime shipping.

ImportCD has not listed it yet........and I'll wait to see if Ken @ LE will stock it.

Fugazi was my introduction to Marillion when it first came out.....what an in-your-face album it was at the time!
    The Blu-Ray also includes promo videos, FYI.

Consider ordering from Racket Records or Fish's shop to provide the artiste's with as much financial love as possible.

Thanks for the Racket Records reminder....I bought the last Marillion Deluxe set from them....good dealings all the way through the process.

Who knows how this will sell.....a few years ago I got the Misplaced Childhood 4LP set on a blowout on Amazon (new) for $24.99 about a year after it's release.
    Last edited by Garyhead; 07-08-2021 at 07:27 PM.

Autobuy for me...

I'll pass on this one.
    I know I'm probably in the minority, but Fugazi is a bit harder to connect with for me.
    I love Script for a Jester's Tear, and recently picked up Misplaced Childhood remastered vinyl, and it's fantastic.
    And of course Clutching at Straws is perfect!
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    I'll pass on this one.
    I know I'm probably in the minority, but Fugazi is a bit harder to connect with for me.
    I love Script for a Jester's Tear, and recently picked up Misplaced Childhood remastered vinyl, and it's fantastic.
    And of course Clutching at Straws is perfect!
    You're not the only one, man. Fugazi is my least-favorite of the Fish-era albums, and one of my least favorite Marillion albums overall. I rarely ever return to it, except for "Assassing" sometimes (and "Cinderella Search", which has a lovely first half and a so-so second half, IMO).

I much prefer Script and Misplaced Childhood, although I think that Clutching is the best of the four. It's the one I return to most, and without feeling guilty even.

So I think I'll be passing on this one as well. I've got the 2-disc EMI remaster edition, and that's probably enough for me. Glad they've done this new deluxe edition though, for the fans who enjoy Fugazi.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    The Blu-Ray also includes promo videos, FYI.
    Promo videos and a short concert from the Swiss TV show Hear We Go:
    The Performance Has Just Begun – The Story of Fugazi, a new 70 minute documentary covering the recording of the album and featuring interviews with Fish, Mark, Steve, Pete and (new boy at the time) Ian.
    The Story of the Songs – Track by Track commentary by the band
    Assassing Promo Video (with both original and new audio)
    Fugazi Live – Hear We Go – Swiss TV 1984
    Backstage Interview / Assassing / Punch & Judy / Jigsaw / Cinderella Search / Incubus / Garden Party / Market Square Heroes

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wah3 View Post
    Promo videos and a short concert from the Swiss TV show Hear We Go:
    The Performance Has Just Begun – The Story of Fugazi, a new 70 minute documentary covering the recording of the album and featuring interviews with Fish, Mark, Steve, Pete and (new boy at the time) Ian.
    The Story of the Songs – Track by Track commentary by the band
    Assassing Promo Video (with both original and new audio)
    Fugazi Live – Hear We Go – Swiss TV 1984
    Backstage Interview / Assassing / Punch & Judy / Jigsaw / Cinderella Search / Incubus / Garden Party / Market Square Heroes
    Thank you!

Fugazi to me is like the accident you can't look away from, it draws me in and by the end I just want to hear it again. A guilty pleasure for sure.

Autobuy but not from Burning Shed. Shipping price is far too ridiculous. Already got badly burned by the shed once this pandemic. Import CD will likely be the source.
    I got to see the first 2 Marillion tours in Syracuse, so those albums hold extra special value to me. Also saw the Clutching tour in Rochester, but the Childhood tour never came round that area. Marillion was the oasis in the Prog Desert of the 80's.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Ember
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Consider ordering from Racket Records or Fish's shop to provide the artiste's with as much financial love as possible.
    The shipping charge to the US from Racket Records is $13.76 at today's exchange rate (9.99 GBP). Total for the order was $50.64.

At least I'll get another autographed print.
    "I have not yet begun to procrastinate."

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    You're not the only one, man. Fugazi is my least-favorite of the Fish-era albums, and one of my least favorite Marillion albums overall.
    You're in good company. Since Fish left the band, Fugazi has been played three times, Assassing twice, Jigsaw three times and Cinderella Search once. On not one of those occasions did H sing the vocals. All were during conventions - swap the band with fans (including Martin Jakubski of StillMarillion) singing in place of H for all but the three Jigsaws, which were played as instrumentals by the band while the audience sang. H has stated that he doesn't connect with the songs on the album and so he's reluctant to perform them.

Interestingly, She Chameleon was only played live prior to the album being recorded.

The eons are closing
    I have a great early version of She Chameleon that while lyrically correct, is a completely different feel

Now I gotta remember where I put my bootlegs

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by rdclark View Post
    The shipping charge to the US from Racket Records is $13.76 at today's exchange rate (9.99 GBP). Total for the order was $50.64.

At least I'll get another autographed print.
    Yup. This will go on the wall with the other autographed prints. Really looking forward to the live show which is always a major piece of these Marillion releases for me.

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    I have a great early version of She Chameleon that while lyrically correct, is a completely different feel

Now I gotta remember where I put my bootlegs

Found my CD and also found it on YT

[YT]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gjPt3ytS8_A[/YT]

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Found my CD and also found it on YT

[YT]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gjPt3ytS8_A[/YT]

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gjPt3ytS8_A
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

^ that demo version was a favorite of mine over the years. I prefer it over the one on Fugazi.

ImportCDs has it listed for $32.47. My total to Baltimore is $37.59 with tax/shipping.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

The eons are closing
    ^^ Thanks TC - dont know what happened, I see both

Gotta remember to pick you brain on mixing old stereo cassette gigs/improvs via PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    I'll pass on this one.
    Fugazi was the first Marillion album i ever bought. didn't like it at all. then much to my surprise i heard a snippet from Misplaced over the loud speaker at a local record store circa 1985 and loved it. so when i asked the clerk who it was he said 'Marillion'. i go 'seriously?'. needless to say i ended up buying the LP. unfortunately to this day, i've only liked about 5% of what i've heard from them. even Misplaced i've gotten sick of over the years.
    "She said you are the air I breathe
    The life I love, the dream I weave."

Unevensong - Camel

Quote Originally Posted by UnephenStephen View Post
    Fugazi was the first Marillion album i ever bought. didn't like it at all. then much to my surprise i heard a snippet from Misplaced over the loud speaker at a local record store circa 1985 and loved it. so when i asked the clerk who it was he said 'Marillion'. i go 'seriously?'. needless to say i ended up buying the LP. unfortunately to this day, i've only liked about 5% of what i've heard from them. even Misplaced i've gotten sick of over the years.
    You may want to skip the Marillion threads.

It's a very good album but I'll pass. I'm ok with the regular cd (at least for now).
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Quote Originally Posted by fiberman View Post
    You may want to skip the Marillion threads.