Page 61 of 72 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 1781

Thread: MIA PE members from the past...

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    Well, some here say it was a Yes group but from what I understand Sean was in the Kansas group so my memory is the Kansas group became the original PE group. That could very well be inaccurate but that's the story I remember and I thought Sean told me that at one point(or someone). For me personally I used to post on RMP. Then one day someone on there mentioned PE and it seemed that all of a sudden a whole bunch of people jumped ship from the newsgroups(especially RMP)to PE. That was around 2001/2002. I was on RMP as late as 2002 though. I'm not even sure if it still exists to be honest.
    My memory has faded over the years, but wasn't the RMP group the "People Of The Southwind"? I remember you being a member, but for me it went back to the 90's. "People Of The Southwind" morhped into "ProgAndOther" at some point which was populated by a lot of ProgDay people. At some point after that I discovered this board, but don't remember if the two were related.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    My memory has faded over the years, but wasn't the RMP group the "People Of The Southwind"? I remember you being a member, but for me it went back to the 90's. "People Of The Southwind" morhped into "ProgAndOther" at some point which was populated by a lot of ProgDay people. At some point after that I discovered this board, but don't remember if the two were related.
    Yeah, the PaO list was started by Bob "Bice" Eichler. Blast from the past!

I don't think so. RMP stood for recordings.Music.Progressive and was an online internet user group that was accessed through email. There was also one for Yes called AMY but I don't remember what the A stood for. I was on RMP off and on from about 99 to 2002. I had issues with connecting much of the time though.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Holy cow, I never noticed that you've posted more than me! Wow, that's good to know. I feel better knowing that...

I don't remember how I got here either! But I was on several different prog mailing lists too. In fact I was on one for not that long, it was a general prog one, not specific to one band or genre. I'm pretty sure it wasn't the PE group, but not positive. Oh, and of course r.m.p was probably still going back then, and I was on there.
    Hey Jed, don't get me wrong because I post here a ton. The reason my count is so high, though, is for the exact reason Digital Man outlined below.

^ I think a big part of that is because he is one of the most prolific posters in the "whatever happened to" thread where you mention a song title or album title that is related to the song or album before it(usually it's a song but albums are allowed). That's in the OT forum if you ever want to take a peek. It can be very addictive though. I don't really post a lot on here in general anymore but I have posted quite a bit on that thread since poking my head back in this place a few weeks ago. Needless to say it really can add a lot of points to your post count.
    The Whatever Happened thread is totally addictive! It's a good addiction though.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

The eons are closing
    I don't think so. RMP stood for recordings.Music.Progressive and was an online internet user group that was accessed through email. There was also one for Yes called AMY but I don't remember what the A stood for. I was on RMP off and on from about 99 to 2002. I had issues with connecting much of the time though.
    Alt.Music.Yes

fuxking Troopers, Generators and Panthers

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Shoot, before all this net nonsense, I subscribed to Music News Network, run by Christine Holz & Lisa Mikita!

^ She also ran the Flower Kings fan club, iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ She also ran the Flower Kings fan club, iirc.
    They put on the Yestivals in the '90s, too!

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    Yeah, the PaO list was started by Bob "Bice" Eichler. Blast from the past!
    Yup, Bob is a member here, but does not post very often.

Shoot, before all this net nonsense, I subscribed to Music News Network, run by Christine Holz & Lisa Mikita!
    I actually used to write quite a bit for MNN. I used to run into Christine a lot when I went to shows in Chicago, but have lost touch over the years.

Yup, Bob is a member here, but does not post very often.
    I don't think I've ever seen Bob post here, and if I did, I forgot. What's his username?

I actually used to write quite a bit for MNN. I used to run into Christine a lot when I went to shows in Chicago, but have lost touch over the years.
    I met them at Prog Fest '97: Lisa in the lobby of the Variety Arts Theatre, Christine in the hotel room where there was a party on Saturday night where Arena found themselves chugging beers. I haven't heard a thing about Lisa in many years (she could be a member here, for all I know), and I believe Christine relocated and is now married.

I don't think I've ever seen Bob post here, and if I did, I forgot. What's his username?
    I want to say something "ghost", but not totally sure on that. He does not post very often, but usually posts his big long ProgDay review every year. If you do a search on that you might be able to find what he uses.

I met them at Prog Fest '97: Lisa in the lobby of the Variety Arts Theatre, Christine in the hotel room where there was a party on Saturday night where Arena found themselves chugging beers. I haven't heard a thing about Lisa in many years (she could be a member here, for all I know), and I believe Christine relocated and is now married.
    The last I knew Lisa was living in Florida, but that was years ago. The last time I had any communication with Christine she was still in Chicago, but I think I also heard she might be married and moved.

Anyone heard from Compost_Kerry? He was the bass player for Mars Hollow and Heliopolis. If I remember correctly, he posted quick a bit for while about sunshine pop.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

^ I thought he did the Grizzly Adams thing and went to live in the high desert in Cali. He didn't post after that.

He left PE in a huff for some reason. I got this bizarre and insulting comment from him on my old blog about the time he left. I'm not sure what he was bitter about.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    Anyone heard from Compost_Kerry? He was the bass player for Mars Hollow and Heliopolis. If I remember correctly, he posted quick a bit for while about sunshine pop.
    As I understand it, Kerry's done with playing in bands after his experiences in Mars Hollow and Heliopolis. He was doing the folk type thing with a girl singer-guitarist. Not sure if he still is...

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ I thought he did the Grizzly Adams thing and went to live in the high desert in Cali. He didn't post after that.
    I think he lives in Crestline or one of the other mountain communities above the Inland Empire.

He's still very active on Facebook, and from what I can see, he's okay.
    Regards,

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    Glad to hear it. I spoke with him years ago at ProgDay when Mars Hollow played there, and the Geezer and I hung around with him and drummer Jerry when they played at Terra Incognita. Really friendly and nice guy. Was into fly fishing.
    Lou

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Glad to hear it. I spoke with him years ago at ProgDay when Mars Hollow played there, and the Geezer and I hung around with him and drummer Jerry when they played at Terra Incognita. Really friendly and nice guy. Was into fly fishing.
    Ever think of attending anothor Terra Incognita? Next May, with Anekdoten headlining.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    Always good to hear someone has recovered well from their online meltdown.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    He left PE in a huff for some reason. I got this bizarre and insulting comment from him on my old blog about the time he left. I'm not sure what he was bitter about.
    I think someone here accused him of shilling and another member called him out for sour grapes. I liked him and didn't agree with either sentiment. But yeah, he did have a meltdown.

Shilling for what exactly? Sounds odd.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Ever think of attending anothor Terra Incognita? Next May, with Anekdoten headlining.
    I had such a good time at the one I attended, must be 10 years ago, that I really should go again.
    Lou