Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: IQ new cd(s) details announced!

IQ new cd(s) details announced!

"Angels die, redemption rages
    The age of man on an empty page
    And chances are
    This will save your soul or break it forever "

This is wonderful news. A new IQ release is always exciting and I'm never disappointed.
    While it's difficult for any band that has been producing new music for as long as IQ to not begin sounding repetitive, I usually find enough fresh ideas in their new releases to keep the music interesting while still having that IQ sound and vibe.
    Artwork and song titles also add to my excitement about getting this release.

I want to enjoy the summer but it's nice to have something to look forward to in the fall.
    Thank you for posting this great news.
    Last edited by Top Cat; 07-09-2019 at 10:32 AM.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Fantastic! A new 2-CD IQ album in the fall. Now that's something to be excited about!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Always good news, and the space between releases is probably about right.

For me, since The Seventh House onward, this is an auto-buy.
    I'm looking forward to another great release from IQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanukisbrave View Post
    This is definitely good news. I loved "Frequency" to the point where I'd listen to it over and over. "The Road of Bones" didn't have quite the same impact for me but anything IQ has done since "The Seventh House" has had magic in it, so I'm ready.
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

Auto buy once again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDrummer View Post
    For me, since The Seventh House onward, this is an auto-buy.
    I'm looking forward to another great release from IQ.
    Haha, it was when I heard The Seventh House I knew I'd had enough. IQ by numbers, haven't been able to listen to them ever since.

Looks like 2019... is going to be a good year!

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasKDye View Post
    This is definitely good news. I loved "Frequency" to the point where I'd listen to it over and over. "The Road of Bones" didn't have quite the same impact for me
    Same with me. Frequency is my favorite since The Wake and Tales from the Lush Attic. It's the one I listen to the most.

By the album title I thought maybe they'd include a remake of "NTOC (Resistance)".

But yeah -- huzzah for a new IQ disk(s). Now let the griping about scant US touring begin.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    But yeah -- huzzah for a new IQ disk(s). Now let the griping about scant US touring begin.
    I'm so glad to have caught them in Montreal last fall, it was a great show and I'd always wanted to see them! Scoring the second-to-last copy of the Ever 25th anniversary edition from the merch table was just the icing on the cake.

I wonder which song on this new album was the one I saw at that show? The working title then was "Mome", I think?
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

éí 'aaníígÓÓ 'áhoot'é Don Arnold's Avatar
    Resistance to this disc being on my auto-buy list is futile!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post

Since they've joined the Resistance, they won't even be able to get visas.

Nice! I'm looking forward to seeing them in Stockholm again in September! Interesting to note, on PE and elsewhere - IQ seems most appreciated among fellow musicians...
    My Progressive Workshop at http://soundcloud.com/hfxx

Best news indeed. An auto-buy!!!
    "The world will soon be right again,
    Innocence and undying love will reign."
    - Transatlantic

Oh dude, that is awesome! Love the artwork.

IQ is a top 3 all-time band for me and I've loved everything they've done since Peter returned.

"two 20 minute tracks on the second disc…”

Mega auto-buy!

I've followed this band for 20 years and whenever they release a new album I believe it will be the one where I reach saturation point because their sound never changes. And yet I fall for it every time.
    Releasing another double album in a row probably won't improve the feeling of aural deja vu (should I say deja entendu?) because of the sheer amount of music, but chances are I'll enjoy it anyway. One can still hope that the double album format will favour more diversity in their sound but The Road Of Bones, though excellent, showed no sign of that.
    Not just a Genesis fanboy.

I like the updated lineup -- Cook and Esau return and Durant on keys -- and Mike Holmes (to me) seems to be the 2nd coming of Steve Hackett................excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    Haha, it was when I heard The Seventh House I knew I'd had enough. IQ by numbers, haven't been able to listen to them ever since.
    Seventh House is a particular lowpoint in IQ's career IMHO. It is my least played IQ album (and I have them all) but I can tell you that pretty much all the album since Seventh House have been much much better then that album, so I would urge you to check them out. Dark Matter was an almost return to true form (almost in that the long epic Harvest Of Souls is a bit too much of a prog tribute track with its deliberate quotations from Gates Of Delirium and Suppers Ready ... the shorter songs on the album are stellar though). Frequency was an album made by a short lived line-up of the band but it is one of their most melodic, upbeat albums in quite a while. The follow up of that album is The Road Of Bones and is their heaviest album yet. Again a change in line-up but this one resulted in the return of the original rhythm section of Paul Cook and Tim Esau.

In general each new album is a counterpoint of the previous one so I am expecting it to be less heavy then Road Of Bones and maybe a bit more lyrical. I would love it if the music had a bit more acoustic sections cause whenever IQ has done that in the past it really sounds wonderful.

Wow great news, so soon after their previous album. It's great to see a band this deep into their career not making us wait 10 years for an album! Road of Bones took me longer to get into than any other IQ album (which I get into instantly!) but I get it now. Frequency remains a favorite with Dark Matter close behind, but I highly rate everything from Ever forward.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

I needed some good news today!!!
    The Prog Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Dreamer View Post
    It's great to see a band this deep into their career not making us wait 10 years for an album!
    I'm a bit surprised by this comment. With 5 years between albums, I consider IQ to be among the bands who take quite a while to deliver.
    Not just a Genesis fanboy.

Quote Originally Posted by LeFrog View Post
    I'm a bit surprised by this comment. With 5 years between albums, I consider IQ to be among the bands who take quite a while to deliver.
    So am I!!! I thought Road of Bones came out in 2017!!! Like just yesterday!! Time is passing too fast!
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...