Thread: DGM + Geoff Tate = Sweet Oblivion

DGM + Geoff Tate = Sweet Oblivion

Frontiers Music Srl is excited to announce the release of an exciting new project featuring legendary former Queensryche and current Operation: Mindcrime singer Geoff Tate on lead vocals, entitled “Sweet Oblivion".

Sweet Oblivion sees Tate teaming up with a stellar cast of Italian musicians led by Simone Mularoni, the mastermind of prog metal masters DGM. Musically, this album marks a return to the more melodic metal style for Tate and showcases a fine collection of songs highlighting the great talents of Mularoni and his cast of musicians.

my all time favorite singer, so many memories are connected with Queensryche and their classic albums (83-94) Good song .obviously he still can sing ,nice guitar work. Looking forward to hearing the full album.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilltree View Post
    my all time favorite singer, so many memories are connected with Queensryche and their classic albums (83-94) Good song .obviously he still can sing ,nice guitar work. Looking forward to hearing the full album.
    Yeah, he sounds really good. I've enjoyed his sort of "comeback" in terms of this style with the 2 Avantasia songs and now this. His voice was never the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by IncogNeato View Post
    Yeah, he sounds really good. I've enjoyed his sort of "comeback" in terms of this style with the 2 Avantasia songs and now this. His voice was never the problem.
    I saw him with his "Mindcrime" project a few years ago. He can't hit the really high stuff anymore, but his voice still sounded pretty strong for the most part.

What ever happened to his transplanted mohawk?!

https://loudwire.com/geoff-tate-a-ne...me-last-album/

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I saw him with his "Mindcrime" project a few years ago. He can't hit the really high stuff anymore, but his voice still sounded pretty strong for the most part.
    Yeah, being 60 now, the super-high stuff is gone. Honestly, he was skirting the super-high notes on the Empire tour. But his delivery still has that signature intensity and melody.