Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Survivor - Edge of Extinction | Season 38

I am pissed Devens didn't make it to the end.

Having said that, I really didn't care who won, but I favored Chris. I am not happy an EoE was crowned, but he does have something unique going for him: he had the full experience. He was voted out Day 8, so he had some time within the game to experience challenges and gameplay. He survived EoE and the challenges there. He was able to return, use the idols, give idols, have one used on him, etc. The guy had the full hot order going for him!

I can't stand Sandra & Boston Rob

I don't want to see players return AT ALL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post

I don't want to see players return AT ALL!!
    I agree...unless it's an All-Star game. But I don't like the mix of old and new.

This Boston Rob/Sandra thing looks so stupid. I agree...enough with the return players mixing in.

I liked Chris and that move he made was ballsy and much respect there. Still though, I would have rather Gavin as he stayed in the game. Not a real great season for me other than Devens.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I agree...unless it's an All-Star game. But I don't like the mix of old and new.
    One way that I would be more open to accept returning players if it were a season like:
    - no returning player from the past 5 years (10 seasons)
    - have Survivors consisting of previous cast members who were in their 20's when they first appeared in their season, now they are XX older and seen as the old/elder player

They could get people from the first few seasons. For example, Season 1: Borneo, had Gervase, who is now 49 yrs old. He could be on the show in present day. Go through the link and see the ages when these contestants started. Now, getting those interested is another thing. I think it would be a great season.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    I have such mixed feelings about this season! I loved Chris's move to give immunity to Julie and make fire with Devens. That was a true gamble and I love a good risk-taker! Luckily for him it worked in his favour and, I think, was a big part of the reason he won.

But...I hated that the entire cast was on the jury and I hated that someone from EoE won. I don't think that the folks at EoE really played Survivor. Sure you can argue that the rules were changed this season. But the EoE folks didn't have to fight in challenges; they didn't have to fight night after night to stay in the game. There was no strategy on EoE. All they had to do was not give in to raising the flag. For all intents and purposes, Chris did NOT outwit, outlast or outplay. He was voted out on day 8. He should have been one of those people who get to sit in the back row on finale night and not talk. As smart as his move to make fire next to Devens was, he did not deserve to win.

Reem probably couldn't pick most of the players out of line-up. She had no first-hand knowledge of anyone's game play. She sat at TCs and she got information from the others who were voted out. Great for her that she lasted on EoE for so long...that is one hell of a strong woman. But was she qualified to place a vote for the winner? IMO no, she wasn't.

For the most part, I enjoyed this season. There were some CRAZY TCs that made things interesting. But I did not like this format at all. I feel like Devens, Julie and Gavin were ripped off. They played their asses off only to have the prize go to a guy that sat on his ass for most of the season.

I felt like I feel when I read a book that I'm really enjoying, that is gripping and entertaining and I look forward to sitting and reading it, but then it has a really shitty ending that makes the whole book a disappointment.

On a slightly different note, my husband flipped out when they showed the plan for next season. If you were to ask him "who are your least favourite Survivor players ever?" He would answer Boston Rob and Sandra. LOL!
    Pretty much agree...although I'm less uneasy about Chris winning. To me this was more of a failure of concept than a gameplay failure from Chris. I'm not sure any of the other players, if they returned, would have been able to hang on to win, so I give him some credit. Though I certainly understand the overarching sentiment. EOE was basically a fail and if they use this concept again I hope they seriously re-tool it. Absolutley agree re: Reem and the full cast jury. That's no good...and they really should have eliminated players who finished in the bottom 2/3/4 at those return to the game challenges. Overall decent season though, despite some bad planning.

And yeah...this next season...whew boy. A) I feel like this is a waste. They should have saved these two for the 40th season and either do an all winners edition or at least a true allstar edition to honor such a benchmark. B) I too dislike both players...but Sandra most of all. (Rob kinda grew on me with his 29 appearances on the show, but I could still llive without him) Two time winner...zero time deserver. C) This god worship is going to get old fast. I suspect my favorite players will be the ones that say fuck you to those guys in the confessionals. D) You know they are going to have an opportunity to get back in the game and actually play.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Re: Boston Rob. I think he's an arrogant ass, but he is a master strategist and I respect him for that.

He and Amber were on The Amazing Race many years ago. There was a challenge that he started but knew that he wouldn't be able to finish. There was a two hour penalty if you chose not to complete the challenge. Rob decided to quit the challenge. He knew that there were people behind him and they would also struggle with the challenge. So even with the two hour penalty, he knew people would finish after him. So he quit. And IIRC, he also convinced people to quit after him. I thought the way handled it was brilliant.

Re: Boston Rob. I think he's an arrogant ass, but he is a master strategist and I respect him for that.

He and Amber were on The Amazing Race many years ago. There was a challenge that he started but knew that he wouldn't be able to finish. There was a two hour penalty if you chose not to complete the challenge. Rob decided to quit the challenge. He knew that there were people behind him and they would also struggle with the challenge. So even with the two hour penalty, he knew people would finish after him. So he quit. And IIRC, he also convinced people to quit after him. I thought the way handled it was brilliant.
    That was a monumental move and set precedent. It has since been copied a few times with both success and failure.

I liked Rob, initially. Through time, he began to get too arrogant for my Survivor tastes. I thought he and Amber were even worse in Amazing Race.