Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Update on Progeezer

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    So glad to have had the opportunity to hang with Steve and Kay at FMPM.

Thank you for updating us.
    All our best to the geez. Hoping the green meds make it bearable.
    Prog on....over the rainbow...
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Very sorry to hear this. Please let him know that Laurel and My thoughts are with him.

My best wishes for the Geez.
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

Very sad news, indeed. I have only known Geez for about 4 years but saw him occasionally at parties and events because we traveled in overlapping circles. I had the pleasure of driving him to the last three Prog Days. The stories he would tell. Some I thought very few people could appreciate at the level I did because of our ages, experience and specific exposures to and taste in music. He did say emphatically at the 2019 Prog Day that it would be his last attendance of the festival. Few believed him. But I could see on the trip out that it was likely a true statement. Steve will be dearly missed.

Steve was a big part of our Progday family here in Chapel Hill - - - Funda, Blue and myself are very sorry to hear this news.

Here's a few pics in a gallery below - - -

https://lowtekmedia.zenfolio.com/p586343053

(Go to the "slideshow" button - - - then full screen).

There's some doozies in there.....
    Last edited by WHORG; 05-22-2021 at 11:02 AM.

So sorry to hear. Hopefully the coda to Steve's life is special and you cherish this time. Stay strong and best wishes to your family and Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by WHORG View Post
    Steve was a big part of our Progday family here in Chapel Hill - - - Funda, Blue and myself are very sorry to hear this news.

(Go to the "slideshow" button - - - then full screen). There's some doozies in there.....
    Great pictures, thanks for sharing.

Neil

So terribly sorry to read this. Steve is such a lovely guy and I’m grateful to have been able to see him at the last ProgDay I was at. Please give him my love and thank you deeply for sharing this very sad news with us while we can still convey our love for this wonderful soul.

Quote Originally Posted by WHORG View Post

(Go to the "slideshow" button - - - then full screen).

There's some doozies in there.....
    Thanks for sharing. Brings back memories, seeing him again.

Oh dear! Steve...never could call him Geezer. Last time I spoke with him was at Progday 2019, when he told me that it would be his last. I said that I felt that way every year and to ignore those thoughts and aim for 2020. We all now how that turned out. It's difficult to speak of him in memorium when he's very much alive. Don't count him out yet...I remember him after his heart surgery back in 2010? He was standing outside the theatre at Rosfest 2011, bumming cigarettes. I gave him shit and told him he wouldn't live to see the next Rosfest, what do I know?
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

My wife Adele and myself have to thank Geezer for supporting (and praising) our Romantic Warriors progrockumentary series since its inception. He was always encouraging us for our work documenting the less well known subgenres of progressive music, which of course (Geezer being one of the oldest and wisest fans that we knew in person) inspired us to continue producing the films. Give him our personal greetings when you see him.
    Jose

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Best wishes. Thinking of Geez.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Very sad news - my thoughts and hopes for the easiest path possible to Steve, you, and all Steve’s family and friends.

Steve’s a valued member of the 2nd “Greatest Generation” - those who were at Woodstock (he never lets us forget this)!

He’s a generous guy, I hope he’s as comfortable as possible now. And don’t forget to take care of yourself. Steve’s eternal love of his family has always been clear.

Jed

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    Thanks for sharing. Brings back memories, seeing him again.
    Those photos are always a hoot! I hope his treatment now is similar!

Very sad news. I valued his commentary here, even though I never got to meet him in person. My best to him and his family.

Much sadness at the prospect of a world without the Geezer in it. Though we never met in person we had many PMs over the years. Please extend to him our best wishes on a smooth passage.

Fuck cancer!
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Incredibly sad news. Steve is a genuinely good guy, and a "friend" to all here. As threads here attest, he is missed terribly already.

Very tough news.

I’ll take a few moments for my friend.
    The older I get, the better I was.

Damn cancer! (been there, too). I don't know Steve personally although we share geezerhood in the realm of progressive rock. Always enjoyed his input here on PE. Wherever you end up, Steve... ROCK ON!

I never met Steve but have always found his comments simultaneously funny, illuminating, and inspiring. He has such a wide range of tastes. I recall his praise for Moon Safari and that he had an affinity for vocal harmonies, especially those of the Four Freshmen. Back when he was posting here regularly, he never failed to have something spirited to say, and always in good humor. Steve, I hope you are comfortable and - despite any drawbacks - are managing to find the kind of enjoyment you prize the most. Bless you and your family, and may your days be filled with peace and goodwill.

i met him and his son at the last Chris Squire Yes show i ever saw in Madison, WI in 2014.

I also met him at the Champions of Nothing show in Milwaukee in 2013. I definitely will not forget those encounters. I recall he told me about his love for Steely Dan.

Thanks immeasurably to all of you for such thoughtful, heartwarming, and humorous (a personal thank you to WHORG for the slideshow). I'll make every effort to not be so infrequent around these parts. Stay well and prog on, my friends!
    'The smell of strange colours are heard everywhere'- Threshold

Thank you for letting us all know. It's appreciated. I will definitely keep a good thought for him and your whole family at this difficult time.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Thanks for the update.

There are SO many people who love your dad. He's also unique, not for unique's sake but, because he always left an impression. Folks remember Steve just meeting him once. How awsome and rare is that? The Geezer has certainly lived a full and memorable life.

Let's not be sad, let's celebrate the one and only Geezer, who always does things his way.

Please tell your dad he should do some things he never, ever would gave thought about doing before. ( He should find these funny ;-) )
    1. Rob a bank, and he doesn't even need a mask, as he's vaccinated.

2. Have sex with a male prostitute ( please make sure your dad is drinking a glass of water when you read this one. LOL! )

And tell the amazing Dale that Rob/luvyesmusic misses seeing him at ROSfest.