Page 328 of 403 FirstFirst ... 228278318324325326327328329330331332338378 ... LastLast
Results 8,176 to 8,200 of 10059

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Noooo! Bolts win in OT. Isles definitely played above their pay grade. Need a scorer. Haven’t decided who I want in the Cup but it will be good. Love Hockey!
    Last edited by Tangram; 09-18-2020 at 04:18 AM.

There is a God and karma is a bitch.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

I dislike the Islanders to a significant degree, but I gotta say I was impressed throughout these playoffs. I thought they'd start to spiral when Tavares left but they've only gotten stronger. Barzal is a stud, and I really like number 18's all around game. I won't pretend to know the details, buy why Washington would let Trotz walk is just beyond me. Guy's a great hockey coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    Noooo! Bolts win in OT. Isles definitely played above their pay grade. Need a scorer. Haven’t decided who I want in the Cup but it will be good. Love Hockey!
    I agree about getting a scorer. Seems like if you contain Barzal (like last night) the offense disappears. Varlamov was awesome in this series. My condolences to you and Mudshark

Hmm...who do I cheer for now...probably stick with the East...hmm...
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptrick View Post
    My wife and watched the NHL documentary a couple of days ago. Well worth seeking out, lots of interviews and old footage.
    I'm glad you enjoyed it. I loved the first half - hearing about the origins of the league and seeing the old B&W footage. My husband preferred the second half because it included the players that he grew up watching. There's something for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by headcrash View Post
    I dislike the Islanders to a significant degree, but I gotta say I was impressed throughout these playoffs. I thought they'd start to spiral when Tavares left but they've only gotten stronger. Barzal is a stud, and I really like number 18's all around game. I won't pretend to know the details, buy why Washington would let Trotz walk is just beyond me. Guy's a great hockey coach.
    Trotz wanted a big raise and Washington didn't want to give it to him. They were far enough apart that they didn't continue talking. He was with the Isles shortly after that.

18, Anthony Beauvillier has real good hands, speed and a nice shot. He and Barzal were both drafted in the 1st round in 2015. He is good when he shows up. He needs to be more consistent. Hustled his butt off in the playoffs.
    Last edited by Tangram; 09-19-2020 at 03:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I agree about getting a scorer. Seems like if you contain Barzal (like last night) the offense disappears. Varlamov was awesome in this series. My condolences to you and Mudshark

It was a better ride than expected but they definitely don't have the skill that a team like Tampa has. Thought they might steal the Cup this year. Every time I see Hedman, I wish the isles took him instead of Tavares. No that has nothing to do with JT leaving, he was great while he was on the Island. It's just that Hedman is a beast and I wanted them to take him instead of JT in their draft class. Oh well.

There's always next year.

That OT goal was a huge relief. I got my stomach tied in knots watching the Bolts not manage to score despite having so many chances and figured that game 6 would end as game 5 on some NYI counterattack. Thank goodness for Vasi’s save on the Nelson SH OT breakaway.

For the weary and injured Bolts it’s now or never. First game vs. Dallas may be a struggle but I’ll go with the good guys in 6.

I think that Tampa is the better team, but no one's playing better than Dallas right now. So which will prevail? Should be a good series to watch.

The eons are closing

Funny story - I was day drinking yesterday at Daveys Locker in Montvale when I saw this - had a big long rambling response.... luckily I must've been distracted by some(one)thing at the bar and never posted it! lol

Bolts were well prepared for Isles given we couldn't shoot the wounded Cr@pitals dead early enough (Xtra film) plus the shitty cross Canada flight less than 48 hours before Game 1 due to scheduling.

The whole wave after wave forecheck that really bugged Washington and Philly for long stretches and lead to the Isles playoff leading goals/game avg. was parried nicely by Bolts, and Isles had no real counterpunch. Even then, in Games 2 thru 6, I believe Isles scored first each time.

Ran outta magic.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Vengeance View Post
    That OT goal was a huge relief. I got my stomach tied in knots watching the Bolts not manage to score despite having so many chances and figured that game 6 would end as game 5 on some NYI counterattack. Thank goodness for Vasi’s save on the Nelson SH OT breakaway.

For the weary and injured Bolts it’s now or never. First game vs. Dallas may be a struggle but I’ll go with the good guys in 6.
    Yeah the Bolts are beat up and as a hockey fan, they should have added another day off before the Cup. Oh well. Dallas in 6.

2-1 Tampa Bay series lead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bolts take a 2-1 series lead as Stamkos comes back for his 1st game in months, scores on his first shot (great shot, top shelf) and doesn't play again after 1st period. No word yet on his availability for game 4.

I don't have a horse in the race, but hockey referees suck too.

Stamkos’ goal was right out of a movie...

As for refs, I think their gaffes have been in both directions. As a Bolt fan I’ve felt more than a few instances of wtf these playoffs.

Is the game on any channels.

Congrats to the Bolts. Definitely the better team in the finals and worthy champs.

Great game! Hats off to the Lightning. They played great. What a deep team. NHL did a fantastic job with the playoffs. So....when does the next season start?

So....when does the next season start?
    October 6, 2021?

Wearing my Stamkos hat during the game propels the Bolts to victory!

All night boogie will ensue...

Happy to see McDonagh get his name on the cup, just wish it could have happened in '14 with Girardi, Zuc and Hank.
    Congrats to the Lightning. These playoffs had to be the grind of all grinds.

So....when does the next season start?
    December 1st is the earliest the season can begin...but January seems to be the consensus guess at this point. The draft is Oct. 6-7th with the free agent signing period starting on Oct. 9th.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Vengeance View Post
    Wearing my Stamkos hat during the game propels the Bolts to victory!

All night boogie will ensue...
    Congrats man! That was a great moment earlier in the series when Stamkos came in for a couple minutes and scored a beauty!

I think the NHL did a pretty good job under the circumstances. The crowd was sorely missed and the intense playoff atmosphere wasn't quite there as a result, but overall the games were pretty entertaining. I really missed the traditional Gary Bettman "BOOO's" when he came out to present the trophies

On to the draft...
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    December 1st is the earliest the season can begin...but January seems to be the consensus guess at this point. The draft is Oct. 6-7th with the free agent signing period starting on Oct. 9th.
    Thanks. Waiting anxiously for Uncle Lou Lamoniello to works his magic and get the Isles a scoring right winger

I really missed the traditional Gary Bettman "BOOO's" when he came out to present the trophies
    There were plenty of boos in my house. Mostly coming from me.