Thread: Those irritating warning messages for the notications.

Those irritating warning messages for the notications.

I mean, I'm intelligent enough to notice I've got new PM without these dialogue boxes poping up

Any way to get rid of them??

I'm sure there is... I'm just not clever to figure it out.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Suspended
    For those of use who rarely get a PM (and don't expect them normally on a site such as this), I'm happy to get the dialogue box. Therefore, I wouldn't mind if there was a way to optionally turn it off, but I wouldn't want to abolish it altogether.

Well, you have to click almost systematically next door to get to your settings (to go directly to the threads you are foloowing), so it's difficult not to see you have a "notification" pending. So the dialogue box is kind of useless (to moi, anyways)

and yes, I'd like the option to turn it off, not making it obsolete for everyone.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Well, you have to click almost systematically next door to get to your settings (to go directly to the threads you are foloowing), so it's difficult not to see you have a "notification" pending. .
    Heh. I never even used that facility, and did not even know it existed. I just go to "New Posts" every time.

Click on Settings at the top of the page.
    Scroll down under My Settings of the far left.
    Under the My Account heading there is a tab for General Settings.
    Click on that and scroll down under the Private Messaging heading.
    There is a section for New Private Message Notification Pop-up:
    You should be able to choose Don't show New Private Message Notification Pop-up there.
    I hope that helps.

Done, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post
    Heh. I never even used that facility, and did not even know it existed. I just go to "New Posts" every time.
    settings is easiest for me, I find. (though I find it a weird name for the use I make of it)

New posts I used to discover the new threads I haven't replied to yet (since they're newly created) >> occasionally I'll go via the forum menu to screen the different lounges (main, OT and WOT)