Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks for the Votes!

Thanks for the Votes!

Top 5 Prog.jpg

I wanted to take a minute to thank all of you that sent in votes for me for Unsung Prog Hero in PROG Magazines yearly Reader's Poll.

You may recall I threw my hat in the ring a few days before the polls closed. Sort of lark, really.... Minus the aspic and all that.

I got word today I made the Top 5 and for a last minute sort of thing I think that's a great spot to be in.

So THANK YOU all a million!

This year has been the pits for sure. A little milestone like this added some extra holiday cheer that was needed.

I hope you all have a great holiday (and have been so far). Here's to a much better 2021 than 2020 for everyone!

-ST
    Last edited by Sean; 12-23-2020 at 09:36 PM.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Congrats Sean!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Great news Sean, and you know, we all here still think you're #1
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Banned
    Yes, a vote for you was well placed. Long overdue recognition for what you have accomplished here, alone. Top 5 is pretty darn good.

Very cool, Sean. Congrats!
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Ha! Pretty awesome, Sean!

Well done!

Excellent news! You certainly deserve the accolades for what you have been doing for the progressive rock community.

David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Awesome! Congrats Sean!

Well deserved for years of PE and a year of SOAL Night Live ! Congrats !
    Calyx (Canterbury Scene) - http://www.calyx-canterbury.fr
    Legends In Their Own Lunchtime (blog) - https://canterburyscene.wordpress.com/
    My latest books : "Yes" (2017) - https://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/yes/ + "L'Ecole de Canterbury" (2016) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/lecoledecanterbury/ + "King Crimson" (2012/updated 2018) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/kingcrimson/
    Canterbury & prog interviews - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdf...IUPxUMA/videos

yessssss for Sean
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Totally Rigged Poll! You won by a LOT! Fraudulent poll! Sad!
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Fantastic!

Well deserved!
    Tu veux un camembert?

Congrats and greetings !

Congrats Sean! I'm also happy to see local hero Mark Monforti made the top 10. Him and Rayna got my vote the day before it was suggested here that we vote for you.

Unsung hero!!!
    The Prog Corner

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    That's great, Sean! I think I missed the original post about that, but if I'd seen it I'd surely voted for you. You ARE the #1 unsung prog hero! I believe I beieve Duncan and Cozy are still helping out, so kudos to them too! I definitely appreciate PE, and also now your SOAL interviews.

BTW, I think you're now going head-to-head with Neal Morse, because I saw I got THIS in an email from Radiant today:

Today's launch day for my new podcast, "Musicians Having Coffee & Talking About Stuff"! I’m joined by my friend Mike Portnoy and we get into all kinds of topics: McRib, Spotify, The Bee Gees... you name it.

I had a blast with this. Let me know what you think in the comments section!

Click the button below for the full episode on YouTube. Waterfall users can listen to the audio on the waterfall app.

Do you think there's any way we could listen to SOAL in the background (other than paying $15/month for YouTube Premium), without affecting your YouTube ratings? I'd love to be able to do that! I had to look up the Waterfall app to see what it is - it's an app THAT NEAL DESIGNED! Actually, Marillion has something similar - in both cases you can listen to a ton of the artist's music on a smart phone. The only thing that appeals to me about these things is that you can listen to the audio while the apps are running in the background! I'd imagine Neal is using some kind of third-party platform for this.

Thanks, Jed! I appreciate that. Do you mean have me play some SOAL music quietly while I talk about whatever? Or do you want to play some as you listen??

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Thanks, Jed! I appreciate that. Do you mean have me play some SOAL music quietly while I talk about whatever? Or do you want to play some as you listen??
    On the iPhone, you can't ordinarily have the YouTube app running while the phone is locked. That's really what I mean. You can listen to audio on the Spotify or Bandcamp apps while the phone is locked. I'd like to be able to listen to your show while the phone is locked.

I'm pretty sure the album is on Spotify. Look up our tune Globetrekker and that should help you find the rest.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    On reflection, of the thousand and thousand of fans across the world, Sean is number 5. Sean, you really deserve it and it's very well earned.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I'm pretty sure the album is on Spotify. Look up our tune Globetrekker and that should help you find the rest.
    Sean, I'm talking about your show, SOAL Night Live, not the band! I have the signed CD!