Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In memory of David Bowie

In memory of David Bowie

Let's remember today about David Bowie - a unique artist and musician. A modest tribute to him with an instrumental acoustic version of the song "Space Oddity".

Here's 2002 Montreux, one of just a handful of shows where Bowie played all of the Low album live. Along with most of Heathen.

Same show with no video, but audio is better

This is a bit whack, but it's a really good cover version:

Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

I recently did a Bowie binge, playing every album from the first to last.

I loved 95% of it but was especially surprised how good the last couple really were. Not just Black Star but also Heathen, Reality and the Next Day; all winners.

Definitely one of my "HEROES"

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Daniel, that was a great rendition of Space Oddity. Thanks for sharing it!

I thought we’d already passed the anniversary of Bowie’s death, but now I see it’s not till Sunday -is that correct? I kind of resent that the events of the past couple of days here in the US have distracted me from being able to be aware of things like this, especially when those events were completely avoidable. As if we didn’t already have enough to handle. Fuck that!

In any case, I can’t believe it’s been five years since Bowie died! RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Wah3 View Post
    Here's 2002 Montreux, one of just a handful of shows where Bowie played all of the Low album live. Along with most of Heathen.

Same show with no video, but audio is better
    This concert is great! And Bowie in his more mature years has reached a unique high class in his musical performances.

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    I recently did a Bowie binge, playing every album from the first to last.

I loved 95% of it but was especially surprised how good the last couple really were. Not just Black Star but also Heathen, Reality and the Next Day; all winners.
    I totally agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Daniel, that was a great rendition of Space Oddity. Thanks for sharing it!

I thought we’d already passed the anniversary of Bowie’s death, but now I see it’s not till Sunday -is that correct? I kind of resent that the events of the past couple of days here in the US have distracted me from being able to be aware of things like this, especially when those events were completely avoidable. As if we didn’t already have enough to handle. Fuck that!

In any case, I can’t believe it’s been five years since Bowie died! RIP.
    Thanks for your so kind words! January 8 is David Bowie's birthday - for this reason I made this video.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I'll never forget my first Bowie concert in 1977. I stand corrected but I think it was the Low tour.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

You stand corrected: there was no tour for Low; the one in '77-'78 was for "Heroes", with lots of Low and other stuff in the mix. That was the one that had Belew on guitar.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    You stand corrected: there was no tour for Low; the one in '77-'78 was for "Heroes", with lots of Low and other stuff in the mix. That was the one that had Belew on guitar.
    That's helpful. Thanks.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Not the only tour with Belew. He was also on board for the Sound and Vision tour in 1990 as guitarist and band leader. That was the only time I was lucky enough to see David Bowie.

You never know what you've got till it's gone. Wow, hugh loss.

Yes I saw him on this tour, Roger Powell was on synths, Adrian Belew on guitar. It was called "Isolar 2"- I have a program.

I remembered David Bowie's birthday by playing his final albums, The Next Day & Blackstar. Love both of them and playing them back-to-back really shows him at his peak. Had the pleasure of seeing him in concert three times (the first in 1983 for the Serious Moonlight Tour; 1990 for the Sound + Vision Tour; and 2003 for The Reality Tour. All were seen in NYC). Also, just found this news in Rolling Stone...

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...ondon-1105316/

^^^ Fetch me some apple juice, Ava...
    'I would advise stilts for the quagmires"

A genuinely brilliant artist. I deeply love his music but, sadly, never got to see him live.

This is my favorite version of 'The Man Who Sold The World'

A genuinely brilliant artist. I deeply love his music but, sadly, never got to see him live.

This is my favorite version of 'The Man Who Sold The World'

An interesting revisioning. Bowie was good at that...

Quote Originally Posted by Wah3 View Post
    Not the only tour with Belew. He was also on board for the Sound and Vision tour in 1990 as guitarist and band leader. That was the only time I was lucky enough to see David Bowie.
    Same here. But, man was it great.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Sometimes it seems best to know not to much about your idols.

I watched the Bowier film "Five Years" last Friday on HBO, so well done and touching. It goes straight to the heart how Bowie was so brave even facing death and how he was still creative up his final days.
    What an artist he was really, his artistry had no boundaries. Love on 'ya Bowie.