Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead Thread V.3

No spoilers in the trailer, but a focus on the ringing phone.

Rick's craziness was awesome and he probably cleaned up most of the prison. So, is Andrea going to bolt now and try to catch up to Michonne? Is Daryl going to step in and be the Dad that Rick can't or are they going to be My Two Dads to baby Laurie (Little Ass-Kicker)? And, where is Carol? She didn't die .....
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Best season overall so far.....

Loved the Gladiator Pit - Meryl is one tough sonovabitch.
    Yup, as Daryl said back in season 1, "He'd eat a hammer and crap out nails."

And, where is Carol? She didn't die .....
    And Melissa McBride was listed in the "also starring" credits. She must've been in a scene that was cut or there was an intentional misdirection on the producers behalf. We haven't seen the last of that character though - they wouldn't leave a thread open-ended like that

So who's on the other side of the phone?

One question- how the hell did they catch Michonne after she carved up the zombies, without a whole bunch of people getting sliced?

My guess is that they had guns and she chose to surrender quietly.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Stupid question, but who was the shirtless zombie that Rick was mutilating?

That was the zombie that ate his dead wife.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Thanks! Wow...not sure how I missed that...

maybe, no one saw it. or Carl drill her , for what it's worth.

mark k.
    Could it be that the kid shot the zombie rather than his mother, as it was gorging on her. It was already dead-dead when Rick came across it, wasn't it?

I missed it too - I couldn't exactly figure out what was going on until someone told me.

It wasn't brain dead, and it looked pretty bloated when Rick found it. He then stuck the gun in its mouth before then knifing the hell out of it.

I'm pretty sure that Carl "put Lori down," and the zombie was in scavenge mode and just stumbled upon a meal

A bit of a non-sequitor here, but do they ever called the geeks, walkers or biters "zombies" in the show? I'm pretty sure they don't

Quote Originally Posted by jeffo621 View Post
    A bit of a non-sequitor here, but do they ever called the geeks, walkers or biters "zombies" in the show? I'm pretty sure they don't
    No, but last season they were called "lamebrains" in one episode.

mark k.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffo621 View Post
    It wasn't brain dead, and it looked pretty bloated when Rick found it. He then stuck the gun in its mouth before then knifing the hell out of it.

I'm pretty sure that Carl "put Lori down," and the zombie was in scavenge mode and just stumbled upon a meal
    I'd completely forgot about the gun in the mouth part.

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    "lamebrains"
    Shoot me NOW! I think I'm "turning"... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia
    but I can't say I will miss the character...
    Agreed. I was talking to my niece about the first season and she got really worked up about all the dumb shit Lori did. I told her, "you're giving the writers too much credit." lol

They have fences and gates/doors with bars on them, but seem incapable of just waiting for the zombies to come to them and getting them with the knives and rebars -
    I know. I don't know why they didn't find some way of simply coaxing the walkers in the prison outside where they could be killed or corralled away.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerol
    The phone thing was a mystery to me. I thought with no power an old land line like that wouldn't work.
    Phone lines provide their own electricity. Of course, the phone company has to have power. However, it could also simply be a line that can't dial out and if there's any power to any part of the prison, there ya go. But trying to figure all that out means the writers have either fucked up or the details will be explained later.

I'm betting on the former. That said, while I had a lot of problems with the writing of last season, this season is much better, other than the part Guy touched on.

Quote Originally Posted by Progo Rican
    So who's on the other side of the phone?
    Carol?

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Phone lines provide their own electricity. Of course, the phone company has to have power. However, it could also simply be a line that can't dial out and if there's any power to any part of the prison, there ya go. But trying to figure all that out means the writers have either fucked up or the details will be explained later.
    The phone is not a fuck up and the detail will be explained. Give it a show or two. I let it slip when I was watching the show with my wife. I forgot they hadn't done the phone yet in the show. It's been in the comic book already. So I'll just hold my tongue.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

I knew it!

Rick's group vs. Gov'na is comming.

The phone thing was weird and took up too much time, but Meryl ( Michael Rooker) owned tonight's episode.
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Attention fellow zombie fans!

Good episode. They set up a lot of heavy action for the next episode, without being boring.

Spoiler alert for lurkers

OK - phone thing explained. So when Herschel picked up the phone, I assume he didn't hear the dial tone and figured out what was going on.

Next plot hole to fill, why is the prison so invisible and hard to find. Are there no maps, no road signs? Michonne makes it there by walking so it can't be far from either the Gov's town or where Merle met up with his two captives. So what the fuck?

But yeah, good episode.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Maybe Michonne knows the area - she clearly heard them talking about the prison (and how many prisons could there be?). She's obviously an expert at surviving- her actions in the jungle were like some sort of Ninja/Rambo hybrid - so it's not a stretch that she could've just "figured it out"

While it was obvious that Michonne got some viscera splattered on her, I'm beginning to wonder if she has some sort of "zombie immunity" that causes them to not pay attention to her.

That WWZ trailer looks fantastic. I have a feeling it's going to be a lot better than the book, which left me wanting.

Very good episode!

The episode really took off after the kind of dull phone call stuff. I was pissed when it ended!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Yeah - it felt like it was just getting started and then it ended.