Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: The Apocolypse Is Coming, snow that is

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Going up the 32 F on Friday. Normal temperatures for this time of year. Was cold as hell just before Friday. I'd be happy with 40 F (suntanning weather in Ottawa).

I'd lose my mind if it got below 40 down here.....

Another Blizzard this morning.....Inch of snow on the lawn......Sunny and Dry 3 hours later....WTF?
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

It was sunny and 35 degrees F yesterday. Today, snow and rain and above freezing.

And it's RAINING in Greenland...WTF?!?
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    And it's RAINING in Greenland...WTF?!?
    The average high temperature in Greenland in March is 36 F.

Ten days of thirty above forecast, karma for a month of minus temps I guess. I'll take it. We can get storms until late April so it's not over. But the end is in sight. I can start thinking about planting flowers and veggies.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Up in the 40s on Friday!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Ten days of thirty above forecast, karma for a month of minus temps I guess. I'll take it. We can get storms until late April so it's not over. But the end is in sight. I can start thinking about planting flowers and veggies.
    And here I am wishing for a snow day.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Major sudden thunder-boomer here with what look and sound like fairly nearby lightning strikes. The fire department siren has been going off.

My Apocalypse arrived today. X-Men Apocalypse Steelbook Blu-Ray, that is. Purchased on Amazon.

75 and sunny this March Week in the Seattle area......
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

30s and 40s - lots of melting snow and mud now. It appears that the beast has been defeated...for about six to seven months.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

30s and 40s - lots of melting snow and mud now. It appears that the beast has been defeated...for about six to seven months.
    We're gonna be at 60 by Friday in Madtown. Was bright sun and 45 today. Snow 85% gone. Old lethargic pothead hermit will begin emerging from his winter cave soon.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    We're gonna be at 60 by Friday in Madtown. Was bright sun and 45 today. Snow 85% gone. Old lethargic pothead hermit will begin emerging from his winter cave soon.
    I felt like that earlier this week....taking the cover off the hot tub and watching the sunset while Early Moodies played through the Tubs stereo system....

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Will be in Knoxville this weekend for Big Ears expecting to be in 60's, shorts & Hawaiian shirts.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

A beautiful sunny day in Ottawa today. Man, it's been one of the most brutal winters I ever remember (cold and massive snow). Things are melting but it will take a few weeks before we see grass. In the meantime, I'll smoke some grass to celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    A beautiful sunny day in Ottawa today. Man, it's been one of the most brutal winters I ever remember (cold and massive snow). Things are melting but it will take a few weeks before we see grass. In the meantime, I'll smoke some grass to celebrate!
    Nothing left on the ground here except tiny remnants of what used to be huge piles that had been plowed. Beautiful and sunny first day of spring. Birds everywhere and nobody wearing coats.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Will be in Knoxville this weekend for Big Ears expecting to be in 60's, shorts & Hawaiian shirts.
    Drinks with umbrellas in them?

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Drinks with umbrellas in them?
    If they'll do that for a NEIPA.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    I am picturing some sort of pageantry. Maybe a gauntlet of vestal virgins lined up on the front steps, vendors are peddling popcorn and pretzels, there's a bouncy castle, and a cheer goes up as a blinking Geez stumbles out into the sun, smoking a joint and wearing the traditional speedo.

I am picturing some sort of pageantry. Maybe a gauntlet of vestal virgins lined up on the front steps, vendors are peddling popcorn and pretzels, there's a bouncy castle, and a cheer goes up as a blinking Geez stumbles out into the sun, smoking a joint and wearing the traditional speedo.
    But will he see his shadow?

Is there a vestal virgin service I can call?
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

A beautiful sunny day in Ottawa today. Man, it's been one of the most brutal winters I ever remember (cold and massive snow). Things are melting but it will take a few weeks before we see grass.
    With half the Midwestern US under water, it's safe to say it's been the most brutal winter many people can remember.

In the meantime, I'll smoke some grass to celebrate!
    That's now legal in your country, you fargin lucky bastage.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Snowing on and off all day in Western PA. No accumulation, but it's cold as shit out there.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"