Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Henry Cow Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post

Oh man, that sounds like a party! There's got to be some good local beer in Oslo, right?
    Possibly right (never been there) but you have to pay every precious sip in gold from what I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    I don't own a CD player either; just using my PC and my car for playing them. But I do have a DVD player, so I can at least spin the DVD-A discs from the boxes that way.
    Can't you play regular CDs in any DVD player?
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mascodagama View Post
    Haha, the fabled Blue Peter Rock In Opposition badge! Fully deserved, too.

It’s well documented that whilst Peter Purves was strictly a symph weenie, and Val Singleton only listened to Krautrock, Noakesy was mad into early Zappa and Univers Zero.
    Apparently it was designed by Ed Sheeran!
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    Can't you play regular CDs in any DVD player?
    You would think so! I should have clarified -- my "DVD player" is actually a PlayStation 4, and it doesn't have CD player functionality.
    "what's better, peanut butter or g-sharp minor?"
    - Sturgeon's Lawyer, 2021

The improvs on the box are second to none in my book... the way they weave threads in and out of those sections - the pacing - the almost scary feelings I get - just a treasure-trove of awesome. It just keeps on giving over and over - no matter how many times I play it - or any one show. Just wow for me.
    Artist formerly known as Phlakaton

Henry Cow Redux Box down to $82.16 on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Y4LMNL5?th=1&psc=1

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Wow! So this box has everything that's in the three-box set? Does it include what was on the special bonus disk that came with that? Are the booklets the same? I have the three-box set so I don't need this, just curious as to what this is exactly - I didn't know that ReR had released a less expensive version! Preparing to be miffed...

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Wow! So this box has everything that's in the three-box set? Does it include what was on the special bonus disk that came with that? Are the booklets the same? I have the three-box set so I don't need this, just curious as to what this is exactly - I didn't know that ReR had released a less expensive version! Preparing to be miffed...
    Looks like the 40th anniversary one - so you'd be missing one booklet and one cd that the 50th has.
    Artist formerly known as Phlakaton

I think it is the full Redux box, which comes with 17 CDs, one DVD and three booklets. What it does not have is the extra disc that RER provided with the Redux box if you bought it from them - called 'Ex-box: collected fragments 1971-1978'. But anyone can buy this separately from RER for £12.50. So this is an excellent deal.
    We walked arm in arm with madness, and every little breeze whispered of the secret love we had for our disease

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    All the cds are in plastic sleeves. I prefer the three boxes & jewel cases.
    You are able to order the new cd separately for anyone who has the old sets.

I just looked at my 3 sets along with that extra bonus disk and the extra booklet is one that goes in the 1st Box which is the Orange covered one

Quote Originally Posted by unclemeat View Post
    Wow! Amazing, thanks for sharing!
    Perspective Vortex - my new solo project available now at http://perspectivevortex.bandcamp.com
    Mahtrak Progressive Jazz Rock - www.mahtrak.com

I am greatly enjoying the Michel Edelin Quintet's Echoes of Henry Cow (with liner notes by Aymeric) -- jazz flute interpretations of Henry Cow's music with John Greaves providing spoken word.
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    I am greatly enjoying the Michel Edelin Quintet's Echoes of Henry Cow (with liner notes by Aymeric) -- jazz flute interpretations of Henry Cow's music with John Greaves providing spoken word.
    Great album! I like it more and more each time I listen to it.
    My progressive music site: https://pienemmatpurot.com/ Reviews in English: https://pienemmatpurot.com/in-english/

Quote Originally Posted by Zappathustra View Post
    invite old, grumpy Richard to share his views
    I'm no longer grumpy now that I'm also feeling old.

I honestly believe it's due to dauntingly raunchy gaunt and enhanced kidneys w. spots to rid me, possibly even fatty liver riveting my erstwhile entrails and donning devilish anguish in my soul to deliver for remains.

But sure, beers are expensive heer.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    I'm no longer grumpy now that I'm also feeling old.

I honestly believe it's due to dauntingly raunchy gaunt and enhanced kidneys w. spots to rid me, possibly even fatty liver riveting my erstwhile entrails and donning devilish anguish in my soul to deliver for remains.

But sure, beers are expensive heer.
    Admit you feel some kind of weird excitement when you use the word "entrails" and I take everything back!
    (at least I feel some when reading your posts that contain terms from anatomy)

^ I admit to all of it.

Now you take all of it back!
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

^ I admit to all of it.

Now you take all of it back!
    Admit to nothing. Just say you're humbled - à la Boris Johnson - and you should get away with it
    We walked arm in arm with madness, and every little breeze whispered of the secret love we had for our disease

Quote Originally Posted by Munster View Post
    Admit to nothing. Just say you're humbled
    In fact I'm not only offended but at a loss of words of how emotional my reaction has been these last/past hours on noting that exceedingly overwhelming tirade of extraordinary hatespeech from 'thustra. I simply just can not come to terms with the terms of how he would even think of flabbergasting my entire identity as a living being like that. My world has collapsed and crumbled, and I'm eating out of open-broken skulls now, like cans and fausts. I bring the brainmeat home to fry like a Liotta pie, changing dear diapers and exchanging tear-wipers as I try to kiss this guy while fearing for old age and the sage of endearing as my rage goes by. It's progressive, influenced by Steven Wilson and that dude who sings purported lead vocals on "Flowers Must Die" by Ash Ra Tempel.

"what's better, peanut butter or g-sharp minor?"
    - Sturgeon's Lawyer, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    Yeah, i picked that up last year and have really been enjoying it.
    John Kelman
    Senior Contributor, All About Jazz since 2004
    Freelance writer/photographer

Pretty interesting that any regular postings of HC tracks on YT all appear to have suspended the commentariat. Contempt for the band, their artistic and musical achievements and representation, cultural legacy and distinction obviously sits tight with some.

Pretty interesting that any regular postings of HC tracks on YT all appear to have suspended the commentariat. Contempt for the band, their artistic and musical achievements and representation, cultural legacy and distinction obviously sits tight with some.
    What are you saying? NOT clear to muddy headed Steve!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.