Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: IGNORE Any Posts Or Emails Titled : Critical Security Vulnerability

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Only take it off when I skype (which isn't often)
    Kinky...
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    Kinky...
    Didn't see that one coming... icon_cheers.png
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Didn't see that one coming...
    That's not what Duncan told us.

I knew the original e-mail was bogus right from the start, I'm just surprised it didn't land in the junk folder. Hats off to the admins here for the quick response. You guys are great.
    "The Bill of Rights says nothing about the freedom of hearing. This, of course, takes a lot of the fun out of the freedom of speech." - Pat Paulsen

My Art- http://www.facebook.com/williamallenrenfro -My Life

Banned
    Thanks Duncan[emoji6]Now I can't login in on the website. I tried to change my password using Safari's password suggestion and I thought it had taken it. Then after attempting to login it doesn't recognize it. I can't message the admin from the page either. But I think I am posting here. I say dump the webpage or move it to something that is modern enough to handle the most secure passwords which require special characters, numbers, and upper and lower case characters.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    Thanks Duncan[emoji6]Now I can't login in on the website. I tried to change my password using Safari's password suggestion and I thought it had taken it. Then after attempting to login it doesn't recognize it. I can't message the admin from the page either. But I think I am posting here. I say dump the webpage or move it to something that is modern enough to handle the most secure passwords which require special characters, numbers, and upper and lower case characters.
    Ignore that post ^^^^^^

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    Ignore that post ^^^^^^
    So my attempt to login was with email instead of the screen name as username. Good thing Safar saved a previous password with the email username. It also saved the newer one with the Screenname. Now the screen name is associated with the correct password in Safari. Wew👍

Just got an email with subject line.....Find Out What Russian Girls Really Want.

Been getting a lot of Russian spam in the last few weeks.....

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Just got an email with subject line.....Find Out What Russian Girls Really Want.
    And, what DO they want?
    Regards,

Duncan

Something I'm sure I ain't got.....

Probably to congratulate us on the USSR/US merger currently in progress...

[self-reported]
    [not really that sorry]
    [can't wait to wrestle my first bear]
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    And, what DO they want?
    An Oligarch with a low life expectancy.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

And, what DO they want?
    A hotel room and a client who brings his own plastic sheets.
    <sig out of order>

They want to keel moose and keel squirrel.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Banned
    They don't want rubles[emoji848]

I ignore all emails , am anti social with humans, have paid a fee to have my name changed, lost 65 pounds on a Zen diet and have changed my appearance making it very difficult for those who did know me to reconize me. It feels like I'm born again. You should try it sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Enid View Post
    I ignore all emails , am anti social with humans, have paid a fee to have my name changed, lost 65 pounds on a Zen diet and have changed my appearance making it very difficult for those who did know me to reconize me. It feels like I'm born again. You should try it sometime.
    If I lost 30 kgs, I would quite probably be dead. So being born again would be a requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    If I lost 30 kgs, I would quite probably be dead. So being born again would be a requirement.
    Lol!

You have no personal details on this site, except for your email address, which the hacker did not see.
    I'm not sure this is the case. The email address I use for Progressive Ears was generated specifically for it and has never been given to anyone else. It had only received my sign up and validation mails before the hack. Since the hack it's started to receive spam. There's no way other than via Progressive Ears that this address could have been discovered so I'm afraid I think the hackers got more data than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by benbell View Post
    I'm not sure this is the case. The email address I use for Progressive Ears was generated specifically for it and has never been given to anyone else. It had only received my sign up and validation mails before the hack. Since the hack it's started to receive spam. There's no way other than via Progressive Ears that this address could have been discovered so I'm afraid I think the hackers got more data than you think.
    If I'm reading correctly, they got your e-mail address and probably sold it. So, they didn't get any more data than Duncan described.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

éí 'aaníígÓÓ 'áhoot'é Don Arnold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    If I'm reading correctly, they got your e-mail address and probably sold it. So, they didn't get any more data than Duncan described.
    I read Duncan's message as the hacker "didn't see" our email addresses, but benbell is suggesting the hackers may have seen them. I've also noticed an increase in spam in recent weeks where I'd rarely get any before. I'm not asserting Duncan is incorrect though.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Arnold View Post
    I read Duncan's message as the hacker "didn't see" our email addresses, but benbell is suggesting the hackers may have seen them. I've also noticed an increase in spam in recent weeks where I'd rarely get any before. I'm not asserting Duncan is incorrect though.
    I have to agree with this. I never received spam on the email address I use for this site before the hack took place.

Best antispam system I know of - free version for 1 account is great

http://www.mailwasher.net/

Mr. EZ Peters
    US Embassy
    William Howell
    Mr. Rose Joseph
    Merle Butler
    Mrs Rose Julaha
    Mrs Njide Adice
    Dr Kenneth
    Dr Terry

and F.B.I. Head Office

sound familiar ????

I got spam from at least some of them too. Fortunately, Gmail trapped all of them with its spam filter.