Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Survivor - Season 40 And Onward

Survivor - Season 40 And Onward

The season filmed in May–June 2019 and will feature twenty returning winners from previous Survivor seasons to celebrate the show's twentieth anniversary. It will premiere on February 12, 2020. This will be the eighth consecutive season (a record ninth overall) to be filmed in Fiji, the thirteenth season to feature returning players, and the fifth season to feature only returning players.

The season will be preceded by a retrospective special titled Survivor at 40: Greatest Moments and Players on February 5, which features interviews with past players and series highlights.

I'm in!

Why isn't Richard Hatch on this season...

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Interesting. I would have loved to see Richard on the show. He's right...I want to know, what would Richard do now. But after last season, the game has changed and Survivor can't afford any controversy right now. Richard is not known for towing the line, so I can understand why the show would make the decision to remove him. He also mentioned that Tina Wesson was removed from the list of players. I don't understand that one. I'm guessing it's not for the same reason.

The season will be preceded by a retrospective special titled Survivor at 40: Greatest Moments and Players on February 5, which features interviews with past players and series highlights.
    Thanks for the reminder. My DVR is set to record all episodes of Survivor, but this one was different, so it wasn't automatic.
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Interesting. I would have loved to see Richard on the show. He's right...I want to know, what would Richard do now. But after last season, the game has changed and Survivor can't afford any controversy right now. Richard is not known for towing the line, so I can understand why the show would make the decision to remove him. He also mentioned that Tina Wesson was removed from the list of players. I don't understand that one. I'm guessing it's not for the same reason.
    Agree, very interesting video. I can also understand the show's point of view, but I would love to have seen Richard on it. I wonder why they would have removed Tina? Since I have watched this show from the beginning I would love to see both of those early winners on this season.

Quote Originally Posted by paythesnuka View Post
    Thanks for the reminder. My DVR is set to record all episodes of Survivor, but this one was different, so it wasn't automatic.
    Thanks for reposting this. I thought it was before the first episode next week. When I went to record it, it wasn't there and I was pissed, thinking it's because I'm in Canada. Then I noticed the date...today. It's set to record now.

What's the odds of Rob and Amber making it to the merge? Since they are the power couple going in (just based on Rob; Amber really isn't much of a player), I would think the rest of the group would be out to get at least Rob out.

As long as Sandra doesn't win again, I'll be happy with whomever wins. I'm rooting for Wendell and Jeremy, but I wouldn't be shocked if a schemer like Parvati wins.
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

What's the odds of Rob and Amber making it to the merge? Since they are the power couple going in (just based on Rob; Amber really isn't much of a player), I would think the rest of the group would be out to get at least Rob out.
    I have a strong feeling that long-lasting friendships will determine this. Some of these past contestants continue to do public appearances, watch parties, and attend fan expos/conventions. They have secured strong bonds with other former contestants.

As long as Sandra doesn't win again, I'll be happy with whomever wins. I'm rooting for Wendell and Jeremy, but I wouldn't be shocked if a schemer like Parvati wins.
    My husband HATES both Rob and Sandra. Last season's Island of the Idols was pretty painful for him. LOL! I told him that he probably won't have to worry about Rob and Sandra for long this season, as I think that both of them will be voted out pretty early. I can see Rob going early and Amber staying on for a while. I agree that she's probably not much of a threat without Rob.

I would love to see Parvarti win again. I've always liked her game play. She'll stab you in the back the first chance she gets, but she'll charm you first so that you never see it coming.

Parvati is a good egg!

I also do not enjoy Boston Rob & Sandra. At. All. I also do not like Russell Hantz. With Russell, I will always give a nod to him for being a game-changer with how he was the first one to actively search/find idols. Johnny Fairplay is also a guy I do not care to ever see in any reality show.

_logo[/video]
    There are now a bunch of Hatch interviews on Youtube that appear to have been recorded at the same session. Pretty interesting stuff. The guys is completely full of himself and everything is from his perspective, but I have found the interviews entertaining.

Parvati is a good egg!

I also do not enjoy Boston Rob & Sandra. At. All. I also do not like Russell Hantz. With Russell, I will always give a nod to him for being a game-changer with how he was the first one to actively search/find idols. Johnny Fairplay is also a guy I do not care to ever see in any reality show.
    A good egg? I like her too, but she aint no good egg! That girl would back stab her mother! Not a fan of Rob or Sandra either. I actually wish Russell Hantz was playing again. He stirred shit up to uncomfortable levels and had everyone scrambling...that was fun to me. This crew...we'll have to see.

I hope they bring back a nasty food eating challenge.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

I drew Jeremy Collins in our survivor pool.

Oh boy, Rob is going to be maaaaad when he sees that Amba was voted out.

It was amazing to see how these people let Rob and Sandra pretty much dictate who to vote off. Stop being starstruck and vote them off immediately.

Woah...this season looks like it's gonna be good! I really liked the opener and found it interesting to see through the older players how much the game has changed. The fire token idea is very cool! Game on!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

I hope they don't ruin what looks to be a good season by throwing in too, too many advantages and food rewards!

Let's join William Devane in chanting, "Let them play! Let Them PLAY!! LET THEM PLAY!!"

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I can see Rob going early and Amber staying on for a while.
    Well, I sure got that one wrong.

WTF is Natalie doing giving an immunity idol to Sandra?! I hope Sandra is on the wrong end of big fat blindside.

HA! So when Rob says, let's see who has the idol and EVERYONE started emptying their bags, my husband said "Why are they doing that? Just because Rob said so? He deserves to win just for that. These people are stupid!".

My husband HATES Rob. Couldn't stand him from the first season that he was on. LOL! I never thought I hear those words coming out of his mouth.

Broken record dept: I'm tired of all these idols & advantages.

I am in the minority here as someone who loves Rob. However, I cannot believe how past winners who have been around the block and have likely watched every season he was playing have allowed him to take over. The first two people voted off should have been Rob and Sandra. Even Sandra has power on her tribe. I can't believe it is fanboy (fangirl) complex; it's just stupidity.

Gruno is right. Survivor used to be all about relationships that were formed on the island. That's what made the first few seasons so great.

I am in the minority here as someone who loves Rob.
    I also love Rob. I love how his mind works and I find his personality very entertaining. He is very manipulative and everyone knows it, and yet they still follow him. I mean, just think about last night's episode.

Rob blew the challenge and admitted it. But was he voted out for it? No.

The newer players (where is the dividing line between old and new?) could have banded together to vote him out (and they probably should have!), they had the numbers. But did they? No.

Rob and Pavarti wanted Danni out. Who was voted out? Danni.

Rob starts dumping his bag out and invites everyone else to do it. And they do!!

Seriously, if Rob ever decided that he wanted to rule the world, I'm pretty sure that he could convince billions of people that he's the man for the job.

Broken record dept: I'm tired of all these idols & advantages.
    I agree. There is way too many of them now.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I agree. There is way too many of them now.
    I'm curious to see how these tokens play out. So far Natalie is the only one that knows you can barter for tokens while on EoE. Once the others figure it out, there is going to be bloodshed to find those advantages to sell.