Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Challenge

Might be a good way to get to know some of the cast and get through some fast comps. You will notice they are in more of a relaxed type of comp setting.

So, like, NONE of my winter Covid projects are going to get done.

If getting a gold skull is the only way to be in the final, why aren't people clambering to get into an elimination? Fucking vote me in! There are only four left.

If someone with a skull plays in an elimination and wins, will they get a second skull? Maybe one that they could give to their partner or an ally? Or maybe they should get an advantage in the final. Oooooh! I like that idea.

If someone with a skull loses an elimination, are they out and the skull goes back into play? This could be fun if the game continues after all the skulls are handed out. People with their skulls will have to work really hard to keep them. This could be downright evil!

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    I like the skull twist, but I'm with you, I'd be all over the chance to get a skull, whenever, wherever. I loved when TJ nullified the guys vote. They might think ywice about not competing again.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    I like the skull twist, but I'm with you, I'd be all over the chance to get a skull, whenever, wherever. I loved when TJ nullified the guys vote. They might think ywice about not competing again.
    He should have given them all a disadvantage in the next challenge. Negating their vote wasn't enough of a deterrent IMO. And it didn't affect the outcome at all, so a useless punishment. But at least it was recognized, as it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    If someone with a skull loses an elimination, are they out and the skull goes back into play?
    I thought last season he stated that if there are only a few skulls to run the final it's better for your chances and that if you had a skull and were out that's it, no transferring.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    I thought last season he stated that if there are only a few skulls to run the final it's better for your chances and that if you had a skull and were out that's it, no transferring.
    If that's the case, these people need to up their strategy. Then not only should people without a skull be breaking down the door to get into an elimination challenge and earn a skull, but they should be going up against people who have skulls to try to get them out. Again, I hope the eliminations continue after all the skulls have been earned.

When The Challenge and Survivor seasons air simultaneously, I often grow weary of Survivor because I wish some of their competitions were more like The Challenge.

I love your enthusiasm with The Challenge!

When The Challenge and Survivor seasons air simultaneously, I often grow weary of Survivor because I wish some of their competitions were more like The Challenge.
    I can see why. I think it's hilarious that The Challenge people don't like the BB people because they are liars. LOL! Like the Challenge people never lie. I'd like to see some of The Challenge regulars on BB. They would be so bored by the comps.

I love your enthusiasm with The Challenge!
    OMG! I am REALLY enjoying it. I have Rivals III recorded. I may start watching it this weekend. I also have a library book to finish that's due in 10 days, so I'll see which time-waster wins.

So I know now that I was right that the game will continue and that skulls can be stolen. Things should start to heat up! Since CT basically gave Kyle and Kam the win last night, it would be fun to see CT steal Kyle's skull. On the topic of CT, I have really grown to like him. He competes really hard, but seems to take it all in good stride. I like that he was trying to help Nam and Lolo and then when he had to go against Nam they fought like hell and then hugged it out afterwards. It looked good on Nam too, since he was basically pushed into the mud the whole time. I love that comradery.

And at the opposite end of the spectrum there's Lolo who is just a spoiled child. That chick is way too intense for me. Even when she was on BB, I don't think I've ever seen her smile or laugh.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    I'd like to see some of The Challenge regulars on BB. They would be so bored by the comps.
    And the lack of alcohol.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

YAY Kaycee! I was rooting for her the whole time. I love her!

I finished Rivals III today. It was a good season. Great challenges and really competitive. I knew the ending, but even if I didn't it wouldn't have surprised me.

Glad you got through Rivals III. What did you think of the ending?

Glad you got through Rivals III. What did you think of the ending?
    What surprised me most about the ending was how patient and loyal Devin was with Cheyenne. I hated him through the whole season. And then during the finale and at the reunion, he won me over. I loved the story she told about how, during the finale, he said "shit, cry or something else (???), commit to it and I'll do it with you" or something like that. It made me laugh. That's what a good partner and teammate does.

I don't know how Bananas sleeps at night. Although I understand he thought he was "getting even", he would not have won without Sarah and he's a total dick for stealing the money from her. He also owes Dario and Nicole a huge Thank You for not nominating him and Vince for the elimination. That could have been a game changer. And while you could argue that they weren't going to lose to Nate and Christina, so why make the enemy, Cory and Ashley lost to them which was not expected.

I just discovered that I also have access to The Real World seasons 28-32. Is this something worth wasting my time on?

I just discovered that I also have access to The Real World seasons 28-32. Is this something worth wasting my time on?
    Hmmmm.

Depending on the drama level you are interested in, go with caution. The Real World started strong, got stronger, then died out (IMO) mid-2000's. The last few seasons they ran were somewhat throwaways and not the typical Real World formats. Having said that, there are a couple of those seasons that I think you might get some entertainment out of being that you are now involved with The Challenge.

Season 28: The Real World: Ex-Plosion - This had Ashley and Corey in it. Here is where you see how messed up Ashley is, as she only lasts a few episodes. Also to note: Jenna Compono is also in this season. Jenna started as an ex and not a true cast member. Since being on The Real World, she has scored a fiancé (Zac, aka Thor, also on Challenges) and today announced they are expecting their first child.

Season 31: Real World: Go Big or Go Home - Kailah comes from this season. This was set in Las Vegas and has some crazy things happening. Also, major controversy from a couple of cast members doing very shady email things. It's a volatile season but they do some cool Challenge type events. My suggestion is to watch this season, then immediately watch The Challenge Dirty 30.

Since you are just getting into The Challenge, what do you think of the host, T.J. Lavin? He is the longest running host of the show. Johnny Mosely was horrible. He talked in segmented speech with many pauses. I like how TJ calls out the contestants and pushes them to do better.

Lavin was competing in a Dew Tour event in Las Vegas on October 14, 2010, where he crashed and was rushed to the hospital. Due to the critical injuries he sustained, he was put into a medically induced coma and developed a case of pneumonia shortly after. On October 20, Chas Aday, friend of Lavin, reported that Lavin was breathing on his own, following simple commands like squeezing hands or giving thumbs-up to the doctors and he was expected to make a full recovery. Lavin was able to return home on November 16, 2010.
    When he returned to host, he was visibly slow with certain actions and speech.

I like TJ. He's kind of heartless, which works for this show. I love his laugh, it's endearing with a just a touch of evil - and how he laughs when people fall or screw up a Challenge. He's a great character for the show.

I didn't know about his injury. That must've been really scary!

Oh, boy!!! You're in for some goodness now! You picked a helluva time to get into The Challenge.

Mark Long, from the original season of Road Rules (the MTV reality show that led to The Challenge) started this push last year via Twitter. It started as a joke, but here it is. He was complaining that the new crop of contestants wouldn't fare as well with some vets, so he pushed for a vet-only series to prove his worth.

Paramount+ Announces The Challenge: All Stars, Reuniting OGs, and New Road Rules Season

The much-anticipated season reuniting longtime favorites, spearheaded by Mark Long, landed at Paramount+ and will be titled The Challenge: All Stars, the streamer announced Wednesday. The name pays homage to the first season of The Challenge, Road Rules: All Stars.

Paramount+, which will transition from CBS All Access next month, also announced new seasons of Road Rules and RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars and introduced drag queen singing competition Queen of the Universe. Previously announced The Real World Homecoming: New York, which reunites the seven strangers who launched the hit MTV reality show in 1992, will be available when Paramount+ debuts March 4.

I don't know if I have access to Paramount+. A lot of those cable channels aren't available in Canada.

So now that everyone has a gold skull, I can't wait to see what happens next! Everyone is assuming that the final will be a team effort, but has TJ ever actually said that? I'd love to see everyone fight for themselves and for Big T to beat C.T.

FINALE NIGHT!

Who's going to win? My thoughts and predictions (keeping in mind that I've only seen a couple of seasons and don't have the same insight and knowledge that Gruno does.

Amber and CT - Both have great physical endurance and a lot of heart, but Amber does not appear to be the brightest bulb in the pack and her inability to solve puzzles is, I think, going to be a huge downfall. CT may be able to make up for her shortfalls, but it's a lot of pressure on him.

Cam and Cory - If they can improve their physical speed to match CT and Amber, they have a good chance. My money is actually on them.

Leroy and Nany - I would really like to see Leroy win. But Nany will be his downfall on anything endurance related.

Fessy and Kaycee - I think they had a decent chance until Kaycee got injured. Fessy's willingness to give up and not eat after Kaycee got injured makes me want him to lose. That's not the competitive spirit of a winner and I thought it was really disrespectful to Kaycee who was battling her pain and still shoving food into her piehole because she's not a quitter. If Kaycee can't compete, Leroy and Nany should be grateful that it will allow them to move on to the next stage.

Nice!!! I love how into this you are!

Amber and CT - For the win! I want them to be victorious. Amber has stepped up when she has needed to.

Cam and Cory - These two irritate me to no end. Corey has come a long way and seems to be settled a bit now that he has a couple children (infant fighting for her life currently) compared to the scheming, all-about-me, gigolo of seasons past. But, he still needs another season for me to allow a victory Cam, she is a tough cookie. I liked her in her early challenges, however, the last couple of seasons she has taken a holier than thou attitude that I haven't enjoyed viewing. She is good, but she grew that cockiness where she needs to be slammed in a comp to bring her to reality.

Leroy and Nany - Leroy is a good guy. He chose bad sides throughout his Challenge career and has paid the price by not winning one. While I would love for him o win, I rather him win in the future on an All-Stars (airing currently on Paramount; this is not a paid advertisement) mainly because I don't want to see Nany win.

Fessy and Kaycee - Fessy is a joke. What a clown. He is definitely a ME guy. Kaycee is good but I am still processing her end-game moves.

Amber and CT killed it! They totally dominated every stage of that final and deserve the win.

Fessy is a loser. I hope he's never invited back.

Just finished the episode.

CT!!!!! They always want him out episode 1 because they know how fierce he can be. Proven.

Way to go, Amber!!! Darrel had faith in her, then everyone thought she was a waste when he was gone. Good on CT for keeping her through the final stages.

If you ever get a chance to catch the early season with CT, do so! You will see how far he has come.

Fessy will return. Great ratings for the storyline! That little teaser at the end was pointless. Did it really tell us anything? We know there will be another season. What did it tease us with?