Thread: RIP Judy Dyble

RIP Judy Dyble

She was a great singer. I'm off for some Trader Horne to pay my respects...

In the 00s she resurfaced with some excellent solo albums as well.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Really sad news. I love that Trader Horne album.

David Longdon (of Big Big Train) and Dyble have an album coming out in September:

https://www.loudersound.com/news/dav...ger-judy-dyble
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Very sad to read this in the news earlier. She has a swansong album recorded with David Longdon of Big Big Train, and it is due out in September. I knew she was recording but had no idea she was ill.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    David Longdon (of Big Big Train) and Dyble have an album coming out in September:

https://www.loudersound.com/news/dav...ger-judy-dyble
    How timely a tribute. RIP Judy.

Though she wasn’t a musical household name like Joni Mitchell, she was an immensely talented vocalist. I discovered them sometime in the 90s while I was branching out into different musical genres.
    Like many, I was only Facebook friends with her & I knew she was ill, but this still shocked me mainly because only just about 2 weeks ago I messaged her to ask if she could help me identify an anonymous band photo. Sure enough she took it to the right source and got an answer for me!

Banned

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Rest in peace.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

I very much enjoyed Judy's work on the first Fairport album and she sings on some proto-King Crimson tunes as well. I don't know if she was ever considered an official member of KC or GGF. I will have to check out some Trader Horne in her memory. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    I very much enjoyed Judy's work on the first Fairport album and she sings on some proto-King Crimson tunes as well. I don't know if she was ever considered an official member of KC or GGF. I will have to check out some Trader Horne in her memory. RIP.
    On the off-chance you haven't heard them, you might enjoy Judy's solo and collaborative work starting with 2004's Enchanted Garden. It's an endlessly fascinating series of albums.

She was immensely talented, bless her.

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    I very much enjoyed Judy's work on the first Fairport album and she sings on some proto-King Crimson tunes as well. I don't know if she was ever considered an official member of KC or GGF.
    When The Young Person's Guide to King Crimson was released in the mid-seventies, including the Judy Dyble version of "I Talk to the Wind," it was generally assumed that she had been an early member of King Crimson. In fact they were still GG&F when she was involved. She probably wasn't considered an "official" member, since GG&F's touring plans (which never came to fruition anyway) were for a four-piece lineup including Ian McDonald.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx