Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2020 NCAA Men's Basketball

Watching Syracuse vs. Miami. We had em in regulation and we let em off the hook. OT.

It's over. We won. I almost had a heart attack.

The tourney will go on but no fans allowed in the venues. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I just read that. Like when the Orioles played the other year with no fans in the stands.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Going to make for a very weird viewing experience. I feel sorry for the kids. It has to be hard not having the additional adrenaline from a frenzied crowd.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    It will indeed be weird, but it seems like the prudent course of action. Better to overact in this case than underreact, IMO.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

So they think the kids that watch the game carry the virus, but not the kids playing the game touching each other.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Major conferences canceling their conference tournaments. The St. Johns’s game was canceled at halftime !

David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Quote Originally Posted by proggy_jazzer View Post
    This is just because the NCAA knew that Maryland was likely to go thru this tourney like a hot knife thru butter if the refs didn't screw us, and they would have been cutting down the nets at the end. Robbery!

Damn. Was setting up to be a great tourney. Feel bad for teams like Dayton especially. It's probably the right call though. Was hoping they could get through it with no fans, but its better to be prudent in a time like this.

Looks like a season of some kind will at least start later this month. I suppose with the NBA being able to make it through the summer without a major outbreak they decided to give it a go. Pro athletes in a bubble is doable, but student/athletes who also may have to attend classes, interact with non-team members, etc., is much more dicey. For completely selfish reasons I'm glad they're going to try, though; the Hawkeyes are pre-season #5 based on returning basically the entire squad from last spring, including pre-season 1st-team All-Am and potential POY Luka Garza for his senior year. Tough schedule, though; they have Gonzaga, UNC, and Villanova lined up as non-conference foes and will play at least once against each of the other six B1G teams that are in the pre-season top-25.
    David

Watched my Pitt boys score 22 points in first half and then came roaring back in second half against Northwestern scoring 49 and taking their first lead with the final basket with 6 seconds left. 71-70.

I miss fans.

So who you ya'll have in your brackets this year? I took Illinois to win it all.

I always pull for the Big 10, and especially for Iowa, who have a better-than-usual chance to make some noise this year. One B1G team left in each quadrant of the Sweet 16 is always nice, and the odds are very good for that again this year. I also pull for a couple low-mid major teams each year, with Drake and Loyola being my choices this year as they're the alma maters of my wife and stepdaughter respectively. Seriously, though, anyone that doesn't expect to see Gonzaga vs Illinois in the championship game this year has gotta be smoking something (and I want some!). Regardless, it's my favorite sporting event of the year, especially the first week with the inevitable bracket-busting upsets. I'm just glad it's happening this year.
    David

I'm just glad it's happening this year.
    Amen! Going to be strange this year in Cincy. University of Cincinnati, Xavier, and Kentucky all out of the tourney. I heard the last time this happened was 1975!
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I'm pulling for Gonzaga as they've been a very good team for a lot of years and I'd like to see them make the next step.

Beyond that I'm just going to enjoy the games.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I'm pulling for Gonzaga as they've been a very good team for a lot of years and I'd like to see them make the next step.

Beyond that I'm just going to enjoy the games.
    This is me exactly.

These play-in games tonight have been entertaining!!

I always pull for the Big 10, and especially for Iowa, who have a better-than-usual chance to make some noise this year. One B1G team left in each quadrant of the Sweet 16 is always nice, and the odds are very good for that again this year. I also pull for a couple low-mid major teams each year, with Drake and Loyola being my choices this year as they're the alma maters of my wife and stepdaughter respectively. Seriously, though, anyone that doesn't expect to see Gonzaga vs Illinois in the championship game this year has gotta be smoking something (and I want some!). Regardless, it's my favorite sporting event of the year, especially the first week with the inevitable bracket-busting upsets. I'm just glad it's happening this year.
    I agree that Iowa is going to make some noise. In fact I have them going to the final then loosing to Illinois. Top to bottom the Big 10 was really stacked this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Flightwave View Post
    These play-in games tonight have been entertaining!!
    So much for Michigan State. They kind of fell apart towards the end of the game, then just looked tired out in overtime.

Even though I picked Drake to beat WSU, I'm amazed it actually happened, especially after how they looked most of the 1st half. What a fun game! Pretty sure they won't be able to get away with playing half a game against USC, though.
    David

Even though I picked Drake to beat WSU, I'm amazed it actually happened, especially after how they looked most of the 1st half. What a fun game! Pretty sure they won't be able to get away with playing half a game against USC, though.
    That will be a tough hill to climb. I have USC going two more rounds, but Drake looked good last night.

Ohio St is playing Oral Roberts today. I may have to place my hands on the TV set.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Ohio St is playing Oral Roberts today. I may have to place my hands on the TV set.
    This game has been wild ! Still 10 minutes to go...