Thread: Kraan

When you cant tour:

good times to work on new Tracks: KRAAN „Path“
    Bass and Vocals:H.Hattler, Git:P.Wolbrandt, Keys:M.Kasper, Drums: J.Fride
    (Music & Words: Hattler) ©2020 Bassball Recordings

https://www.facebook.com/jan.fride.5...4035543453007/

I love this band.

Now how about some reissues!
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

www.amazon.com has some - which albums are you looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    On Amazon, the minimum seller's price for a "very good" used copy of Flyday is $50.38.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Wow -
    It's one of their best !
    But on Discogs its fairly priced, and if you dont mind the intercord version you can get it (minus postage) for 5,25 euro https://www.discogs.com/Kraan-Flyday/release/8077699 but IMO the remastered version sounds better (but also different)
    https://www.discogs.com/Kraan-Flyday/release/1583075

Any reissues would be welcome. Those EMI Intercord Remasters were some of the worst-sounding, most horribly-compressed pieces of sh*t ever released.

I’m a little disappointed that the Intercord remaster of Let It Out did not include the remixed versions of the US Passport release. Only the title track was significantly different, but they still would have been nice to have (especially since that is the version of the album I first heard).
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    I’m a little disappointed that the Intercord remaster of Let It Out did not include the remixed versions of the US Passport release. Only the title track was significantly different, but they still would have been nice to have (especially since that is the version of the album I first heard).
    I asked Hellmut Hattler, but The Kraans wasn't aware that the Passport (vinyl) version was mixed differently than the German (mixed by Conny Planck).
    I doubt there still is a mastertape of this US mix.

20 years ago a German guy sent me a CDR of the passport vinyl, and I tried to compare the two mix:
    http://www.danbbs.dk/~m-bohn/kraan/l...t/passport.htm

Schwabens Künstler gegen das Corona-Virus

Hellmut Hattler plays Emino Mine on a roof top in Ulm (there is also a video with Joo Kraus):

https://www.donau3fm.de/aktionen/gem...-gegen-corona/

KRAAN "Finkenbach Festival 2005" Double LP will be released on June 20, 2020, Coloured Vinyl

http://kraan.dk

KRAAN_rsd_front.jpgKRAAN_rsd_back.jpgK_Finki_2005.jpg

KRAAN "Finkenbach Festival 2005" Double LP will be released on June 20, 2020, Coloured Vinyl

http://kraan.dk

KRAAN_rsd_front.jpgKRAAN_rsd_back.jpgK_Finki_2005.jpg
    NO CD?

Apparently not.
    But my guess is that they will be one later (there have allways been), or at least a download.

I asked Hellmut Hattler and he replied:

"no, this album was ment to be an exclusive/limited vinyl edition (600 pieces) specially for the „record store day“ in april - which, of course, didn’t take place. the event was shifted two times from april to july, then again to „autumn“ - so we decided to release it ourselves. the „RSD" only offers vinyl, so no CD planned for this album. it is, btw, the concert that was an additional DVD for the first issue of „psychedelic man“ and later released (with additional two tracks) as a digital/streaming album.

- but there are even better news, too: during the heavy lockdown overhere we killed some time and recorded a new KRAAN album (sending the sound files around from place to place until the tracks were complete). it is about to be mixed these days and probably put out for our 50th birthday jubilee next year.

sehr herzliche grüße,
    hell.
    "

I asked Hellmut Hattler and he replied:

"no, this album was ment to be an exclusive/limited vinyl edition (600 pieces) specially for the „record store day“ in april - which, of course, didn’t take place. the event was shifted two times from april to july, then again to „autumn“ - so we decided to release it ourselves. the „RSD" only offers vinyl, so no CD planned for this album. it is, btw, the concert that was an additional DVD for the first issue of „psychedelic man“ and later released (with additional two tracks) as a digital/streaming album.

- but there are even better news, too: during the heavy lockdown overhere we killed some time and recorded a new KRAAN album (sending the sound files around from place to place until the tracks were complete). it is about to be mixed these days and probably put out for our 50th birthday jubilee next year.

sehr herzliche grüße,
    hell.
    "
    I have that DVD, but is is less than 60 minutes.

Any opinions about the live albums from the trio years?

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    I have that DVD, but is is less than 60 minutes.

Any opinions about the live albums from the trio years?
    There are no new tracks, and personally I prefer them as quartet, but the sound is very good and The Trio Years – Zugabe! is very much alive !
    If you don't have all the old live albums - get them first: Live (74), Tournee, Live 88. Live 2001 is also quite popular, but I prefer the first 3.
    German review of the trio years http://www.danbbs.dk/~m-bohn/kraan/i...9KraanTrio.pdf

There are no new tracks, and personally I prefer them as quartet, but the sound is very good and The Trio Years – Zugabe! is very much alive !
    If you don't have all the old live albums - get them first: Live (74), Tournee, Live 88. Live 2001 is also quite popular, but I prefer the first 3.
    German review of the trio years http://www.danbbs.dk/~m-bohn/kraan/i...9KraanTrio.pdf
    I have almost everything Kraan had made, including the live-albums. Not really fond of the Alto Pappert years.

Listened to some stuff from the trio years on Youtube and I was surprised. I really liked it and didn't miss the keyboards at all.

Listened to some stuff from the trio years on Youtube and I was surprised. I really liked it and didn't miss the keyboards at all.
    Its a good trio and there is lots of interplay, true!

Its a good trio and there is lots of interplay, true!
    I was affraid I would miss the keyboards.

I have almost everything Kraan had made, including the live-albums. Not really fond of the Alto Pappert years.
    Funny, I thought they kind of lost it after Alto left; the sound just got way too slick. Tournee (the live album) is my favorite from that era.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Funny, I thought they kind of lost it after Alto left; the sound just got way too slick. Tournee (the live album) is my favorite from that era.
    I believe you mean Kraan Live (74) with Alto?

I loved the added keyboards. But well I'm a keyboardperson, who used to say: "No keyboards, not interested."