Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Morsefest 2020 - September 18 and 19 - Live VIP**: $1199.00

Quote Originally Posted by rickm View Post
    MORSEFEST 2019 (DOUBLE NIGHT TICKET - FRIDAY "AN EVENING WITH FLYING COLORS" + SATURDAY "NMB: THE GREAT ADVENTURE" - GENERAL ADMISSION) - $149 for 2 nights.
    - Each night was around $74.99
    - The Meat & Greet was around $300 (tickets not included) for each night.
    - Old merchandise stuff: some cd's at $1, beanies at $5, etc).
    - They do some raffles and also auctions for big banner posters.
    Thank you!
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

I don't know... this just seems so poorly timed given everything that's going on. Massive unemployment in the US, just the beginning of the battle again COVID-19, 100,000+ people dead in the US by the time this event happens... After the cancellation of the Big Big Train US tour (which I would have been seeing right now in one week) I'd love for things to get back to normal but it's just way too early. I'm not easily offended and I'm a big Neal Morse (and related projects) fan but this really isn't sitting right with me. Push it off a year and you might be OK. But, even then far fewer people are going to be able to afford this sort of thing.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I'm glad he found god and all that charitable giving kicked in.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by bRETT View Post
    The Nashville area will probably one of the first to open back up-- They have a low covid rate and will probably have it down further by September. Whether it's down to total safety by then remains to be seen.
    There is no total safety, until there is a vaccine.

neil

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I'm glad he found god and all that charitable giving kicked in.
    Ouch! Yeah, seems outlandish to me.

neil

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    An investment banker friend of mine took his wife to see Peter Gabriel for $550 per seat a few years ago and didn't even think twice about it. I think PG was still close to selling out venues at those prices.
    Wow! I saw Peter G. play for 250 people in a club in Boston in 1978 with Tony Levin on bass, Larry Fast on keys, and probably "Dusty Roads" on guitar behind the curtain for $3.50. Wait a minute... "Hey, you kids, get offa my lawn!" Ticket prices sure have changed. I like Neal, but at those prices, no thanks.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    For someone with such deep spiritual beliefs, it amazing how he can rob his fans. I would not even consider going, even if I got personalized lessons on how to play keyboards.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    For someone with such deep spiritual beliefs, it amazing how he can rob his fans.....
    Ever hear of Prosperity Theology? Maybe not - you're Canadian, and that's a very specifically US set of beliefs, specifically tuned to the values, fears, and aspirations of US culture (though it might have spread elsewhere, it's so wonderfully convenient). I don't know if Neal follows that, but it wouldn't surprise me; it also wouldn't surprise me if lots of his fans do, and see nothing wrong with him charging an arm and a leg for Morsefest.
    Last edited by Baribrotzer; 05-15-2020 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baribrotzer View Post
    Ever hear of Prosperity Theology? Maybe not - you're Canadian, and that's a very specifically US set of beliefs, specifically tuned to the fears and aspirations of US culture (though it might have spread elsewhere, it's so wonderfully convenient). I don't know if Neal follows that, but it wouldn't surprise me; it also wouldn't surprise me if lots of his fans do, and see nothing wrong with him charging an arm and a leg for Morsefest.
    Always reads as an oxymoron to me.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Baribrotzer View Post
    Ever hear of Prosperity Theology? Maybe not - you're Canadian, and that's a very specifically US set of beliefs, specifically tuned to the fears and aspirations of US culture (though it might have spread elsewhere, it's so wonderfully convenient). I don't know if Neal follows that, but it wouldn't surprise me; it also wouldn't surprise me if lots of his fans do, and see nothing wrong with him charging an arm and a leg for Morsefest.
    Neal has old fans from his SB days that appreciate his writing and performing abilities, and new ones who became fans when Neal decided that Jesus was his bestest bud, having gone to a couple of MF's I can give you a handwritten guarantee that they get off on giving him their hard-earned dough in the hopes of currying favor with the guy in the sandals, as if. I'm not religious but I can understand the Boy's Club mentality and Ringo-isms (peace and love) inherent in Christianity and always gave my fellow attendees the benefit of the doubt, until this past year a member of the cloth screwed me and my wife over royally, which kinda drove home the point that people can let you down no matter who's team's uniforms they wear. That betrayal assured me keeping my $ in my pocket from here on out, and confirmed my jaded views for the long run. What I'd kill to see is Neal waking up one morning and deciding he needs to become Jewish or Muslim, like 90% of his "fans" who think he walks on water would jump ship faster than if they were on the HMS Hood.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryLI View Post
    I mean at this point he's become Jimmy Swaggart without the hookers... .
    Throw in the hookers and that $1199 price just got a whole lot more reasonable...
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Dreamer View Post
    Throw in the hookers and that $1199 price just got a whole lot more reasonable...
    Depends on what they're willing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Depends on what they're willing to do.
    Link your long player
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Dreamer View Post
    "Me so Holy!"

Quote Originally Posted by BarryLI View Post
    I'm not religious but I can understand the Boy's Club mentality and Ringo-isms (peace and love) inherent in Christianity and always gave my fellow attendees the benefit of the doubt, until this past year a member of the cloth screwed me and my wife over royally, which kinda drove home the point that people can let you down no matter who's team's uniforms they wear. That betrayal assured me keeping my $ in my pocket from here on out, and confirmed my jaded views for the long run.
    Quoted just because I like what you said and how you said it so much.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

the reason for the price increase is because of the social distancing-
    when you buy your ticket, your paying for all the empty seats around you too.

but i agree that Neal has a grasp of his fans........ wallets.

i was sure that this year Transatlantic would reunite for this event, even with their new album coming out this fall.
    Last edited by BravadoNJ; 05-20-2020 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BravadoNJ View Post
    You beat me to it. I came here just to make (essentially) that comment. You're not necessarily paying for those empty seats as much as the price simply ensures there will be empty seats. Such is the price of social distancing. Or at least, I can't imagine a universe where there wouldn't be empty seats.
    <sig out of order>

So presumably they are jacking up the merchandise, beer & food prices by a factor of 4X to cover the empty seats there too.
    Ian

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    Wow! I saw Peter G. play for 250 people in a club in Boston in 1978 with Tony Levin on bass, Larry Fast on keys, and probably "Dusty Roads" on guitar behind the curtain for $3.50. Wait a minute... "Hey, you kids, get offa my lawn!" Ticket prices sure have changed. I like Neal, but at those prices, no thanks.
    Hey Lou, Karen and I were at all those shows at the Paradise, two shows/sets each night, seated in front of the stage. Brett, you may not remember but you allowed Karen into the club to chat with Steve Hackett who you were interviewing during his first US tour at the Paradise. She will always be appreciative of your largesse.

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    Hey Lou, Karen and I were at all those shows at the Paradise, two shows/sets each night, seated in front of the stage. Brett, you may not remember but you allowed Karen into the club to chat with Steve Hackett who you were interviewing during his first US tour at the Paradise. She will always be appreciative of your largesse.
    Hey Rick, thanks for reminding me of that! Wasn't here yet for Gabriel but I do remember seeing Pierre Moerlen's Gong at the Paradise round that time too. Hope you guys are staying well through this!

Quote Originally Posted by BravadoNJ View Post
    Ah, so they're incorporating the ProgStock business model.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    So presumably they are jacking up the merchandise, beer & food prices by a factor of 4X to cover the empty seats there too.
    You may have just been responsible for the new lightbulb over Morse's head if he were to read this thread. Hell, what am I fooling myself? I'm sure his compound has thought of it by now, and more!

Sir Maximus Mouse by Roger Glover:
    He sits in seclusion
    Will take no intrusion into his world
    They all bow their faces
    From men in high places to the office girl

He's Sir Maximus Mouse
    And he lives in a house bought with pieces of paper
    If a deal's up for grabs
    Or there's cash to be had he's the taker

He's facing a crisis
    A drop in cheese prices force him to sell
    Playing with other lives
    He makes sure that he survives, they can go to Hell

He's Sir Maximus Mouse
    And he lives in a house that he bought from the Devil
    If they question his shares
    Then his books will show they're on the level

With luxury living
    His charity giving is a clever scheme
    Enormous donations
    Help public relations foster the dream

He's Sir Maximus Mouse
    And he lives in a house that could pass for a palace
    Like a fortress in which
    Like a demon or witch he can vanish
    Sleeping at home is killing the hotel business!

It seems the show will not be exactly live streaming (read notes on Live VIP ticket option)
    New prices were published today:

TICKET OPTIONS
    Virtual VIP - 1 VIP bag: $225 (Only $180 until 5/30)
    - Front row seats (on your couch!) to attend the virtual concert on Friday and Saturday nights
    - Live online VIP game and Q&A on both days
    - VIP Merch Bag including Morsefest VIP t-shirt, VIP lanyard, poster and other surprises (this will be shipped to you in advance of the event, in the hope that you will be able to wear your VIP shirt on the night!)
    - Opportunity to purchase an exclusive Morsefest release and other merch
    - Access to private Morsefest web portal, behind the scenes live video, special merch deals and other cool stuff!

Virtual VIP - 2 VIP bags: $300 (Only $240 until 5/30)
    - Same exact benefits as the Virtual VIP ticket, but you will receive a second VIP Merch bag (hey, you don't want your significant other to be jealous, do you?)
    - Please note that you will still only be able to stream the live event to ONE device.
    - Virtual Double night tickets: $99 (Only $75 until 5/30)
    - Front row seats (on your couch!) to attend the virtual concert on Friday and Saturday nights
    - Opportunity to purchase an exclusive Morsefest release and other merch
    - Access to private Morsefest web portal, special merch deals and other cool stuff!

Live VIP**: $1199.00
    - Only 70 tickets available (due to expected attendance restrictions)
    - Purchases limited to two tickets per Radiant account
    - Brand new format “Lockdown” style event – guests will spend the entire afternoon and evening in the venue, with full facilities and entertainment throughout the day
    - You get to be the audience for the live performances, which will be recorded in the late afternoon to avoid technical issues, and then streamed to the world that evening
    - During the evening broadcasts, you will get to watch the performance again on the big screen, with exclusive live commentary from the band members about what they were thinking while it was happening

- VIP games (We’re thinking Charades where the band acts out and the audience has to guess) and Q&A on both days
    - Dinner each evening and snacks throughout the day
    - Opportunity to purchase an exclusive Morsefest release and other unique items
    - VIP Merch Bag including Custom Morsefest 2020 Yeti Cup (only 70 available), Morsefest VIP t-shirt, VIP lanyard, poster and other surprises
    - SPECIAL MF VIP FACEMASK!
    - Entry to Inner Circle Jam concert … where some musicians will get the chance to jam with the band
    - Saturday night after show karaoke with Neal and friends!

$225 to watch a webstream!! And the opportunity to buy more merch!!

Holy crap man!!
    Ian