Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kevin Gilbert - THUD 20th Anniversary Deluxe Edition

PE Member since 7/14/2001 rushfan's Avatar
    Will not wait too long to get this one - apparently I waited too long on Shaming of the True Deluxe Edition which appears now to be out of print.

Quote Originally Posted by rushfan View Post
    Will not wait too long to get this one - apparently I waited too long on Shaming of the True Deluxe Edition which appears now to be out of print.
    Once the dust settles for THUD, get back to me. I might be able to help with the Shaming set you seek.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Once the dust settles for THUD, get back to me. I might be able to help with the Shaming set you seek.
    Hey, Gruno. I would also be interested in this edition since I also missed out. It is my understanding that this is the best mastering and would love to have it. Are there any plans for another pressing?

Thanks Gruno! Would you say it's best to check back with you about a month from now?

Quote Originally Posted by sentinel90125 View Post
    Hey, Gruno. I would also be interested in this edition since I also missed out. It is my understanding that this is the best mastering and would love to have it.
    Sorry, I only have 1 to spare from my collection. I bought a half dozen or so when they were released a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by sentinel90125 View Post
    Are there any plans for another pressing?
    The ongoing plan is to always keep The Shaming Of The True in print in some form. Keep checking the site any day now for something…

Thanks Gruno! Would you say it's best to check back with you about a month from now?
    Roughly, yes.

I will send you a PM one month from now Gruno. Thanks again.

got mine last night. Fan Fucking Tastic packaging/book.

I'm currently having my mind blown by some of these other versions. The demo of Goodness Gracious and the Sax Mix of Tea For One to name a few.

Cool...I got my shipping notice yesterday so hopefully this will be here by the end of the week. Looking forward to it
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Hello -- big Kevin Gilbert fan, and had to get the 3 CD set.

I ordered this from Pop Plus One on 1/23/15 ... 5 days later, it still says "awaiting shipment".

Any reason for this delay? Was the demand so big they sold out their first batch of packages?

Just inquiring -- inquiring minds wanna know.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJoker View Post
    Hello -- big Kevin Gilbert fan, and had to get the 3 CD set.
    Awesome! I look forward to hearing your review.

I ordered this from Pop Plus One on 1/23/15 ... 5 days later, it still says "awaiting shipment".

Any reason for this delay?
    No idea on the delay; I don't handle order fulfillment. It is a small operation. There is one man who handles 100% of the orders. I know there were hundreds of orders within the first few days, and some of those orders included other titles besides THUD.

A friend of mine emailed PopPlusOne.com yesterday asking for order status as his also said "awaiting shipment". At the end of the day, it was sitting in his mailbox. The "awaiting shipment" function may not work completely when, in fact, your order may have already been shipped.

If you need to contact them directly, refer to your order confirmation email:

If you have questions about your order or product (such as shipping questions,
    use of your product, or store refund/return policy), please contact the supplier
    directly at popplus1@pacbell.net .
    There is also a contact page:

http://popplusone.com/contact.html

Was the demand so big they sold out their first batch of packages?
    There is no 'first batch'. Only one pressing of THUD was done and there will be no further pressings of the vinyl or the 3 CD set. There will also be no digital downloads of any of this remastered material. It took years upon years to work out a licensing deal from PRA Records so that the Estate could release this.

500 - 3 CD sets
    500 - 3 CD / 2 LP packages

That's all.

Some have shown disapproval that the LPs are not sold separately. There's nothing that can be done about that. It's part of the licensing agreement. In order for there to be THUD on vinyl, it had to be sold in a package with the 3 CD set. Kevin had always wanted THUD to come out on vinyl so we did everything possible to make sure that happened.

For those who want to wait to purchase THUD, that's a big gamble. These will sell out.

Holy smokes. I am very glad I jumped on this right away, then -- I'd have been extremely bummed out if I had missed the opportunity to obtain a copy.

I would think the LP/CD package shouldn't be a problem, especially given the limited pressing of both. Seems to me if the guy buying the LP's doesn't want the CD's (which I would find surprising, given the wealth of material NOT available on the LP set), then they could always simply resell the CD's. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Thanks Gruno! And I will simply wait patiently (or not -- if it's already in my mailbox!)

I look forward to providing feedback.

some may enjoy this article I came across, posted last Monday, the day it went on sale.

http://www.caseyliss.com/2015/1/19/remember-his-name

Thud CD edition purchased! Cannot wait to hear it.

Thud CD edition purchased! Cannot wait to hear it.
    Perfect!

This was posted on FaceBook:

Have you ordered THUD?

We do anticipate a sell out of this limited 1000 unit release. Please note that there will not be a repressing of THUD. Do not hesitate to secure your set.

Those who have ordered THUD -- Thank You! Each successful release paves the way for (possibly) more music to see an official release.

If you have ordered THUD and are awaiting its arrival, we appreciate your patience. Rest assured, it will get to you. Orders are being processed and shipped daily. If you have questions or concerns about your order, please refer to the Contact page at PopPlusOne: http://popplusone.com/contact.html

THUD can be ordered HERE.

http://kevingilbert.com

I ordered Thud last week, got my shipping notice around Tuesday of this week, and the package arrived yesterday. All in all I've got no complaints about the fulfillment process...I'm sure they're doing the best they can.

Haven't had time to listen much yet, but am excited to dig in this weekend. It is a beautiful-looking package, excellent quality manufacturing. You did your boy proud
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

This CD package is FANTASTIC. If on the fence, you will regret not having ordered it down the road.
    Putting it proudly alongside my original autographed (by Nick) Shaming Book!!!
    Bravo Gruno!
    David Robin
    Filmmaker/Drummer
    www.steelyjam.com
    www.davidrobinfilms.com

Got mine today. Looks beautiful! Haven't even cracked the plastic yet to open the book. I will be immersing myself into the music next week, when I know I have some real time to spend studying this thing. Can't wait.

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    Great set. Mine arrived on Friday.

I do have a question about "Shaming" though. On the KG website, there is an interview with John Cuniberti and he says this about "Suit Fugue":

"This shows Kevin’s brilliance as a songwriter, singer, and producer. I loved mixing this and look forward to mixing it again in 5.1 surround."

Are there indeed plans to produce a surround version of "Shaming"?
    Chad

Quote Originally Posted by Nearfest2 View Post
    Great set. Mine arrived on Friday.
    Have you listened to all 3 discs?

Quote Originally Posted by Nearfest2 View Post

Are there indeed plans to produce a surround version of "Shaming"?
    John mixed "Suit Fugue" and that was it; just to see how it would sound. There is no 5.1 scheduled to be released.

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    Have you listened to all 3 discs?
    I listened to most of Disc 1 and about half of each of the others. Mainly, I listened to all the "Shadow Self"/"Late for Dinner" versions back-to-back to compare them. The final version is still the best IMO, but it is really cool to hear the different versions. The Toto version of "All Fall Down" was quite good. I have the "Kashmir" single so I knew those tracks. I need to sit with Discs 2 and 3.

John mixed "Suit Fugue" and that was it; just to see how it would sound. There is no 5.1 scheduled to be released.
    Ok, thanks. That's a bit disappointing that no full 5.1 mix is in the works.
    Chad

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I believe Suit Fugue was on one of those Giant for an Hour fan-made compilations ( I think - unless it was the Mellow Records Gentle Giant tribute CD). Was it recorded for that before the whole album was created?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I believe Suit Fugue was on one of those Giant for an Hour fan-made compilations ( I think - unless it was the Mellow Records Gentle Giant tribute CD). Was it recorded for that before the whole album was created?
    It's on "Giant Tracks : A Tribute To Gentle Giant" (HyberNation Music, 1997) which is dedicated to Kevin.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    It's on "Giant Tracks : A Tribute To Gentle Giant" (HyberNation Music, 1997) which is dedicated to Kevin.
    Was that released before or after Shaming of the True?