Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Happy 420

Banned
    Careful with illegal stuff, coke and weed are being cut with fentanyl.

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    One toke over the line, sweet Jesus
    Eeeesh, ya ain't kiddin.' I miss Colombian Gold and Mexican regular grass.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    You should consider vaping or getting disposable concentrated oil pens or such, if you're interested. You can control your dosage more.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Banned
    Columbian Red Bud, the best taste other than 78 Hawaiian or northern CA sensi.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    You should consider vaping or getting disposable concentrated oil pens or such, if you're interested. You can control your dosage more.
    Same with vaping flower at 370 degF.

Absolutely, however the SAFE act which has bipartisan support, would likely pass today and would do exactly what you are saying, making financial transactions in legal states, legal.
    But would Biden sign it? He rejected people for lower level positions because of pot use. TF?

Yeah, I'm all in on cartridges of oil and a vape pen. Probably won't go back to flower after I burn up what I have.

Columbian Red Bud, the best taste other than 78 Hawaiian or northern CA sensi.
    Hard to beat the taste of 70s California Sensimilla.

Dosing has become the big problem for me. This shit is so much stronger than that from the 70s that its a different animal. One night I can have a wonderful experience and the next be almost comatose, from the same bud. Tonight is the former, FWIW
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by proggy_jazzer View Post
    Dosing has become the big problem for me. This shit is so much stronger than that from the 70s that its a different animal. One night I can have a wonderful experience and the next be almost comatose, from the same bud. Tonight is the former, FWIW
    Are you using legal with associated testing results showing proportion cannabinoids and terpenoids? With flower vape, I take 3 hits, then wait and take additional if needed with 25% THC. If it’s 35% 2 instead of 3. 15% 5 hits. The terpene myrcene acts like an amplifier of THC, and with that one has adjust. Can also adjust the high by taking a hit on CBD which definitely takes the THC high down.
    Last edited by Firth; 04-24-2022 at 06:50 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Hard to beat the taste of 70s California Sensimilla.
    Damn good, but if one is smoking it, a strong but cured red bud is quite good. Hawaiian had the best taste based on my limited experience in which we had it and Northern CA sensi, plus Mexican purple hair. That purple hair wasn’t dirt Mexican weed, and it was the strongest I had at the time. By the late 90’s it was Willie from Austin.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Absolutely, however the SAFE act which has bipartisan support, would likely pass today and would do exactly what you are saying, making financial transactions in legal states, legal.
    The feds are slow to legalize because the criminal justice industry will lose a pretty substantial revenue stream. Even in states where pot is legal, police can arrest you for suspicion of consumption and the DA will prosecute based on the cop's "extensive training and experience" without ever having tested you for THC. And if you fight the charge by going and getting your own UA, don't tell that agency that you're doing it for legal defense reasons. While UAs for employment usually turn around in 2-3 business days, that same clinic will drag its ass if it's a legal matter.

Banned
    I will not argue that this can’t happen, I don’t agree that is the reason why Congress hasn’t voted to legalize. The issue has become a political football. House Dems have stated that if social justice provisions are not included in what the Senate votes on, they will not support it. And social equity to them isn’t just release those incarcerated for a pure weed offense. SAFE would be supported Dems will not support anything but More.

You should consider vaping or getting disposable concentrated.
    I tried a pen once. Just didn't get the same effect. The 20 percent stuff I tried had a really bad hangover. I didn't smoke any more than the tiny about I usually use on weekends. But the high was weird. It killed my appetite completely. Just a strange, unenjoyable experience.

Banned
    I tried a pen once. Just didn't get the same effect. The 20 percent stuff I tried had a really bad hangover. I didn't smoke any more than the tiny about I usually use on weekends. But the high was weird. It killed my appetite completely. Just a strange, unenjoyable experience.
    That never happens to me vaping flower. The munchies are so sting sometimes it’s a stress itself. I plan my eating for it.

So the new name now is "flower?"

So the new name now is "flower?"
    Heh, it's more industry lingo to differentiate between products dispensaries sell. If you didn't like the pen, then I recommend buying a vaporizer and vaping the "flower". This way you can still control your dose.

I will not argue that this can’t happen, I don’t agree that is the reason why Congress hasn’t voted to legalize. The issue has become a political football. House Dems have stated that if social justice provisions are not included in what the Senate votes on, they will not support it. And social equity to them isn’t just release those incarcerated for a pure weed offense. SAFE would be supported Dems will not support anything but More.
    I'd like to keep this away from a political discussion (not saying you are doing that, but we are treading the line), but there is a similar debate going on in Virginia right now that is jeopardizing the future. In February, the Virginia Senate voted bi-partizan to pass several revisions that would have allowed the current dispensaries/growers in VA (there are about 1 dozen in the state) to start selling recreational cannabis by this September. However, the Virginia House did not take up the vote, delaying until next year.

There is a lot of similar debate happening about trying to re-define who can grow, who can sell, equity to smaller farmers and/or minority growers vs. big corporate, and also about possession limits. Now there is concern that if the House won't even take up votes on cannabis legislation that there won't be a proper rollout in 2024.

In the meantime, it's also quite a runaround to get a medical card, though apparently they did recently remove one of the hurdles. Apparently one of the criticisms around the medical dispensary experience is that the price is higher in Virginia than other states. From what I saw, it does appear 20% higher.

But all of this provides more time for the black market to grow. Apparently one reason why the Virginia House didn't want to vote on the passed Senate bill is because it wants more time to vet the current growers (which they scoff at). Because it is very vital that growers provide legit product at certain standards, it makes no sense they wouldn't expedite the current bill because every day the illicit market thrives is another day that we could have Virginia's first death from laced weed or a very poorly manufactured edible. They are playing with fire.

Banned
    Heh, it's more industry lingo to differentiate between products dispensaries sell. If you didn't like the pen, then I recommend buying a vaporizer and vaping the "flower". This way you can still control your dose.
    I don’t understand this. I do understand that quality flower vaporizers use ground up plant flowers and usually have temperature controls that max out at 400degF which vaporizes all cannabinoids of interest without producing benzene or other non-essential components. I don’t trust cartridge or pen vaporizers and have much difficulty determining the actual temps they produce. Flower contains some bioflavonoids which give it a different taste than pen vapes. Until somebody shows me a concentrate vaporizer that doesn’t use temps above 400 deg F, I’m staying away. I do have a way to vaporize concentrates using a little container. Anyway, flower to me mean plant instead of concentrate vaporizer in general. Seems like a good word to describe a vaporizer that uses plant material. Concentrate vaporizers use various solvents, and illegal ones have had some bad ones.

The whole reinvent the wheel approach used by these states to setup retail sales is ridiculous given how much experience is out there.

Banned
    BTW it was obvious to me that Virginia could have just copied Maryland’s medical program. Maryland’s approach to going recreational is to use the public referendum and a separate bill predicated on the referendum’s results with details establishing implementation.

A central tenet of Maryland’s program is testing by John’s Hopkins or by companies working for JH.

A friend gave me some stuff that is 20 percent THC. Too strong. It's almost an opiate. I'm tossing it. Way too strong.
    Toss it this way.

But if and when it becomes legal in Tx I would grow my own. There are a lot of seed distributors out there now, and it's pretty easy to grow.

A Flowa? .....I'm home. Back to work tomorrow.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    Toss it this way.

But if and when it becomes legal in Tx I would grow my own. There are a lot of seed distributors out there now, and it's pretty easy to grow.
    In DC, the gifting phenomenon produced vendors who sold full kits for growing and provided the seeds of your choice for free. The main gifting method is buying a non-weed something for cash, and getting weed for free. Possession of weed being legal. Then VA legalized the same way which created an explosion of gifting.

The interesting aspect of gifting is that credit sales for the non-weed thing are legal.

I think the quality seekers find vendors for gifting that have products from legal states where testing is required.

I don’t understand this. I do understand that quality flower vaporizers use ground up plant flowers and usually have temperature controls that max out at 400degF which vaporizes all cannabinoids of interest without producing benzene or other non-essential components. I don’t trust cartridge or pen vaporizers and have much difficulty determining the actual temps they produce. Flower contains some bioflavonoids which give it a different taste than pen vapes. Until somebody shows me a concentrate vaporizer that doesn’t use temps above 400 deg F, I’m staying away. I do have a way to vaporize concentrates using a little container. Anyway, flower to me mean plant instead of concentrate vaporizer in general. Seems like a good word to describe a vaporizer that uses plant material. Concentrate vaporizers use various solvents, and illegal ones have had some bad ones.
    I don't know enough about the science of it to comment, but the vape pens I have used all come from reputable medical grade producers. Since you're in Maryland, if you have gone to or seen the RISE dispensaries (I know there are two in Bethesda and Silver Spring), they carry Rhythm products (in addition to many others) that have a great reputation for their vape pens. These type of producers are making adjustments/improvements to the process to help maximize the experience. But no, it's not the same as vaping flower.

My understanding is that, because it's in oil form, it doesn't need to heat up to 400 degrees to be effective. But it's a great question. It's too bad it's still difficult to find really excellent information. And most of the info you find readily online is mostly focused with the dangers of illicit vape pens (that used Vitamin E Acetone), and less about the science behind the reputable brands.

But no one should use a vape pen that isn't from a verifiable medical grade producer. It's not worth the risk.

BTW it was obvious to me that Virginia could have just copied Maryland’s medical program. Maryland’s approach to going recreational is to use the public referendum and a separate bill predicated on the referendum’s results with details establishing implementation.

A central tenet of Maryland’s program is testing by John’s Hopkins or by companies working for JH.
    Makes sense to me.

The eons are closing
    But no one should use a vape pen that isn't from a verifiable medical grade producer. It's not worth the risk.
    Speaking from personal experience - this cannot be overstated enough.

Re: concentrate/flower vaping
    While expensive - I have one of these which does both with temp control on device or phone app. I prefer the old fashioned way - but this is a solid option.
    https://www.pax.com/products/pax-3?v...39827541131375

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit