Thread: How do you Unsubscribe from a thread?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

How do you Unsubscribe from a thread?

TIA!

Suspended
    I've never tried to, but it looks as though you click on "Subscribed" to see the list of threads you are subscribed to; tick the box on the relevant thread; then choose "Delete subscription" from the drop down menu labeled "Selected Threads".

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Go into the thread and click on thread tools, its in the drop down
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

You can check out anytime you like but you can never leave.

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    You can check out anytime you like but you can never leave.
    Right, because I don't get anything in the drop down to delete a subscription, when I'm in the thread I want to delete, or when I'm in Subscriptions and tick the box for the thread I want to delete. Nada. And there's a thread that won't die so I get an email every once in a while. It's from years ago. I aint saying what it is because y'all will post in it like crazy!

Duncan!!! Help.

1) Click on Settings at top of the page.
    2) On the left, click on Subscriptions.
    3) Scroll down to the one you want to delete and click on the box next to it on the far right.
    4)Scroll down to the near bottom of the page where it says Selected Threads on click on that.
    5) Click on the circle next to Delete Subcription.
    6) Click on the box next to Go at the bottom of that pop-up window.
    7) Done.

Thanks! That wasn't at all intuitive, but it works!

Suspended
    I know what subscribing to a thread means, but I don't really see the point of it. Isn't it easieer to simply select "New Posts", which is what I always do? I see new posts whether they are in a pre-existing thread that I have visited or in a newly created thread, which is exactly what I want.

What I would like is to be automatically subscribed to every new thread created, before I visit it. I could then unsubscribe as I chose. that would make the "subscribed threads" really useful.

éí 'aaníígÓÓ 'áhoot'é Don Arnold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post
    I know what subscribing to a thread means, but I don't really see the point of it. Isn't it easieer to simply select "New Posts", which is what I always do? I see new posts whether they are in a pre-existing thread that I have visited or in a newly created thread, which is exactly what I want.

What I would like is to be automatically subscribed to every new thread created, before I visit it. I could then unsubscribe as I chose. that would make the "subscribed threads" really useful.
    Bob,

I use my subscribed threads link often because sometimes I just don't have the time to read through new posts, let alone check the thread titles for ones that pique my interest. Hitting the "subscribed" tab allows me to see if any current thread I'm following has been updated. When I have more time I'll check out new posts to see what I've been missing. Even then, I have limited time to spend on PE so I suspect I read less than 10% of all threads.

Also, you can get an email when someone replies to a thread you're watching.

Yep, I always do it via the link on email.
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"