Thread: IQ Live Stream 10/24/2020 Ever 25th Anniversary Show

IQ Live Stream 10/24/2020 Ever 25th Anniversary Show

IQ Fan boy here again..... There will be a live stream October 24th of their 2018 Tour of "Ever - 25th Anniversary."

So, for all of you who bought the double CD of "Ever 25th", here is a video of the concert on You tube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W3L...ature=youtu.be
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Thanks Gary..
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Just bumping this thread. The Live stream starts TODAY Noon Pacific Time, 3PM Eastern Time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W3L...ature=youtu.be
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Just watched it - it was great, but edited down to 56 minutes. Just the Ever songs. I thought we'd get the entire show.

Any idea how long it will be available for viewing?

The livestream IQ showed earlier this year was posted for less than a week

Nice watch.
    The is the same performance that was used to compile the live CD and DVD on the 2CD/1DVD 2018 25th anniversary release of 'Ever'.
    The YouTube version is available in HD, so an upgrade from the DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by jcarr73729 View Post
    Nice watch.
    The is the same performance that was used to compile the live CD and DVD on the 2CD/1DVD 2018 25th anniversary release of 'Ever'.
    The YouTube version is available in HD, so an upgrade from the DVD.
    That DVD is Audio only though. The DVD on the 2018 Deluxe release does not have the video concert seen last Saturday, a pity.

Not sure if YouTube video was HD quality but at least it was a nice gesture from the band to keep fans happy.

Peter Nichols has definitely matured into a better singer. That started a while back, but I can still vividly remember his off-pitch croaking in the early 90s. It was probably due to the long downtime between tenures as IQ's singer, but it's nice to watch him perform without waiting for the inevitable cracks to appear. Mike is still sharp, and it's also great to see Tim Esau back in the band, although he looks so much like John Jowitt I find it ironic that here he is covering JJ's parts and nearby in my YT feed is their The Wake album gig where JJ was covering HIS parts.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

thx for sharing.. great concert, great album.
    "She said you are the air I breathe
    The life I love, the dream I weave."

Unevensong - Camel

great show

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    Peter Nichols has definitely matured into a better singer. That started a while back, but I can still vividly remember his off-pitch croaking in the early 90s. It was probably due to the long downtime between tenures as IQ's singer, but it's nice to watch him perform without waiting for the inevitable cracks to appear. Mike is still sharp, and it's also great to see Tim Esau back in the band, although he looks so much like John Jowitt I find it ironic that here he is covering JJ's parts and nearby in my YT feed is their The Wake album gig where JJ was covering HIS parts.
    Yes, I could hardly listen to Peter Nichols in the "old days", now I even think he's a great singer.
    I also think Tim Esau and John Jowitt are the same person, as are Mark Westworth and Neil Durant. There is a powerful cloning technology at work here.
    (Well, at least from the back row they look similar...)

Quote Originally Posted by Interstellar View Post
    There is a powerful cloning technology at work here.
    GEP = Generating Extra People
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Great performance, made me realise how much I love that album, thanks for posting.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I watched the first 30 minutes of the show. Thanks for posting. But, I came back to watch the rest later and no go! Bummer.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Looks like they left it up for a week before deleting it. I think that was always the plan, to keep it as a limited time event.

Quote Originally Posted by yesman1955 View Post
    Looks like they left it up for a week before deleting it. I think that was always the plan, to keep it as a limited time event.
    They also rights-protected this one.
    The last one was free to rip.