Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Domino tour 2021

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    Call me crazy...most bands don't bother to multitrack record, mix and produce their early rehearsals for a 30 second teaser.
    Most bands also don't set up that many visuals for a rehearsal, but Genesis are working at a pretty high technical level. If this is a 2007 recording, they went through the trouble of remixing it. In 2007 you can hear two drummers playing, only one here.

Quote Originally Posted by bRETT View Post
    Most bands also don't set up that many visuals for a rehearsal, but Genesis are working at a pretty high technical level. If this is a 2007 recording, they went through the trouble of remixing it. In 2007 you can hear two drummers playing, only one here.
    I still can't convince myself to listen yet, but that would imply they're playing at the same standards as 2007, minus the voice which is the big unknown of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    Agreed, just look up some of the videos of Phil's last tour, its cringingly embarassing.
    Okay, we get it.

Quote Originally Posted by LeFrog View Post
    I still can't convince myself to listen yet, but that would imply they're playing at the same standards as 2007, minus the voice which is the big unknown of course.
    They are. Mike sounds especially hot (assuming he's on bass). And (again, assuming this is a new recording) the tempo is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by bRETT View Post
    Shrug...guess we'll see! Well, someone will, whomever see the tour...
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    Shrug...guess we'll see! Well, someone will, whomever see the tour...
    I will be happy with a DVD because their stage shows always look so great!
    I can't see them putting on a bad show, and Phil I believe will surprise a lot of people(hopefully)...stay safe out their brother!
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I was really disappointed in 2007 but I've shifted my views on the bands newer material. I love almost every tune on Duke, for instance.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Banned

Banned
    Certainly well produced. Sounds like a train wreck though.

Quote Originally Posted by Flightwave View Post
    Can't wait to see the stage set... looks awesome as usual. One thing, that audio is not from 2007 at least in my opinion. Just listen to the drums particularly at the end of the clip... that is not Phil or Chester.

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    Certainly well produced. Sounds like a train wreck though.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I was really disappointed in 2007 but I've shifted my views on the bands newer material. I love almost every tune on Duke, for instance.
    Duke is the schiznett

That audio sounds the same as the 2007... if there is a difference is very subtle... so conclusion is not from the rehearsal.
    I agree with who said that September 2021 is too early, but not bad to have a near goal date which probably change.

I would pay for on a streaming live event.

Quote Originally Posted by rickm View Post
    That audio sounds the same as the 2007... if there is a difference is very subtle... so conclusion is not from the rehearsal.
    I agree with who said that September 2021 is too early, but not bad to have a near goal date which probably change.

Streaming live event sounds like a good plan, plus the concert released later on Blu-Ray and DVD.
    I suspect, with a September tour date and Covid cases under control through widespread vaccinations, social distancing and masks in the audience might still be in place.
    One thing they could do, is hand out Last Domino facemasks.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Streaming live event sounds like a good plan, plus the concert released later on Blu-Ray and DVD.
    I suspect, with a September tour date and Covid cases under control through widespread vaccinations, social distancing and masks in the audience might still be in place.
    I suspect part of it will come down to potential ticket sales...a tour like that isn't going to be cheap and I assume they're targeting the larger venues. Even if the band is ready by the fall, if enough venues in various markets are still only offering restricted seating (social distancing), the per-venue revenue may not be sufficient to justify the cost of the tour. Waiting a bit longer of course is also a risk, but might still be more financially desirable for the band.

A streaming event in the interim could be a fun option to help fill the gap; maybe even a slightly smaller affair or a slightly deeper dive into the catalog than would happen on a full tour (no, I don't think Supper's Ready...but Dutchess, Keep it Dark, or something like that could happen). Pure random speculation on my part, mind you.

Just to kind of clarify my comment from before...I saw Genesis before and was really glad I did. This particular iteration doesn't interest me personally, but I'm not crapping on the band or anyone who goes and enjoys themselves. It's just a show, and it's just good fun.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Any thoughts on Phil Jr Jr (Nic) on skins?

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    I would be more interested in paying for a streaming live event. In all honesty, I would prefer paying for a streaming everything going forward from now on event. I could attend conventions, see acts in other cities and generally enjoy art without having to travel or actually be near covidians or whatever other plague they're infested with. If I could watch Genesis, see a local jazz show, see convention panels from the comfort of my living room, I would think that was my perfect life.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Backing vocalists??? Has it come to that? Glad I'm not going if that is the case.

Re: backing vocals...that is less down to PC than it is TB, MR and DS being up for their backing vocals. It isn't like PC was ever the only one with a mic onstage in the trio era.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rickm View Post

Which link are you listening too, the one with Phil in a chair? That one sounds very discordinated compared to any version from the past.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
    I would be more interested in paying for a streaming live event. In all honesty, I would prefer paying for a streaming everything going forward from now on event. I could attend conventions, see acts in other cities and generally enjoy art without having to travel or actually be near covidians or whatever other plague they're infested with. If I could watch Genesis, see a local jazz show, see convention panels from the comfort of my living room, I would think that was my perfect life.
    The bar for me, would be the theatre tour of Genesis In Concert. Not the video, but the actual film with a special sound system I saw in the early 80s in a theatre. If Genesis would create a Dolby Atmos Dolby Vision version which would show in AMC theatres. Or IMAX in an upgraded IMAX theatre.

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    The bar for me, would be the theatre tour of Genesis In Concert. Not the video, but the actual film with a special sound system I saw in the early 80s in a theatre. If Genesis would create a Dolby Atmos Dolby Vision version which would show in AMC theatres. Or IMAX in an upgraded IMAX theatre.
    I might actually venture out for that. Maybe.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
    I might actually venture out for that. Maybe.
    I’m of course talking post COVID.

I can't imagine why anyone would pay to see this.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I can't imagine why anyone would pay to see this.
    Seriously?