Page 59 of 61 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061 LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1502

Thread: Walking Dead Thread V.3

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    WTF happened in last nights episode? My dvr went on the fritz, as I gathered it happened to a lot of peeps from TTD. Dammit I can't even get it on demand so can someone fill me in?
    I assume you did not make it to the "heads on sticks" part? They killed off quite a few characters.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I assume you did not make it to the "heads on sticks" part? They killed off quite a few characters.
    Yeah, I didn't see that one coming. It should repeat next week or at least they'd play the last week ep, before the current show.

WTF happened in last nights episode? My dvr went on the fritz, as I gathered it happened to a lot of peeps from TTD. Dammit I can't even get it on demand so can someone fill me in?
    At what point did your show cut out, time wise?
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Happened to my DVR as well. The episode is available On Demand, but you can't fast-forward to a particular part.

I think the last few episodes have been well done, and I've been very critical of certain aspects of the show in the past. These last couple of seasons have the feel of different people (with widely different aesthetic preferences) taking the helm of different episodes, rather than it being a singular vision.

Mine cut out too, but I recorded the later showing and it was corrected. Ballsy last 20 mins! Brought me back in a bit as I have been growing tired of the same ol same ol...
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    These last couple of seasons have the feel of different people (with widely different aesthetic preferences) taking the helm of different episodes, rather than it being a singular vision.
    Probably because Angela Kang took over as show runner. I've wondered if that's also why they switched to animation during the opening credits, which I really like.

I feel like a lot of the stupid shit the characters do on that show has been minimized since she took over. That said, some of these characters who have proven to be bad asses and have been through this apocalypse for years still use bad judgement in some situations. I understand they need to advance a storyline, but still.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    At what point did your show cut out, time wise?
    When Alpha sits down next to Lydia in the theater and signals her to be quiet. I think it was about the 1:02 mark which is average for the show. Thing is, this was 4 A.M. I start watching TTD and he tells me this and it was too late to record it again. I tried On Demand but there was only one episode up there, kinda odd.

Just looked again and I have one episode, Omega, from Feb 17 and that's all she wrote. I have a vague idea what happened but I'll just have to wait until next Sunday as it'll get replayed before the finale. What kind of weird snafu caused this?
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Probably because Angela Kang took over as show runner. I've wondered if that's also why they switched to animation during the opening credits, which I really like.

I feel like a lot of the stupid shit the characters do on that show has been minimized since she took over. That said, some of these characters who have proven to be bad asses and have been through this apocalypse for years still use bad judgement in some situations. I understand they need to advance a storyline, but still.
    The Kingdom and all its nonsense, down to the scroll, is one long running joke. Nobody would be calling anybody "king" or "queen."

Just looked again and I have one episode, Omega, from Feb 17 and that's all she wrote. I have a vague idea what happened but I'll just have to wait until next Sunday as it'll get replayed before the finale. What kind of weird snafu caused this?
    I have no idea. And the fact that it happened to three of you is really weird.

I was just curious where the show cut out.

I have no idea. And the fact that it happened to three of you is really weird.

I was just curious where the show cut out.
    It happened to millions or so as that was the first thing mentioned on Talking Dead. If only I had caught it in real time but I took a nap.

Something odd DID happen on Sunday night. I meant to catch the replay of TWD (I ended up watching it the next night via On Demand), and I clicked over to AMC to check the exact time it would be on. It was well past 10PM my time, and they should have been airing the first quarter or third of Into the Badlands.

INSTEAD, It was right at the damn scene with the "heads gallery"! I clicked the eff away super-fast, so that I only saw whatshisface from the Highwaymen (didn't recognize him) and not the other "shocking" deaths: Tara, Enid, and—yay!—Henry. Apparently something went awry nationwide.

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    The Kingdom and all its nonsense, down to the scroll, is one long running joke. Nobody would be calling anybody "king" or "queen."
    Yeah, I fully agree. It was a kind of stupid thing that might have worked somewhat in the comic but which plays as utterly ridiculous in live action. Anyway, even if it actually existed, wouldn't Rick's group have died laughing when they discovered it? And why would they perpetuate it now that they've been integrated into other communities? The people running the show should just gracefully make it go away.

INSTEAD, It was right at the damn scene with the "heads gallery"! I clicked the eff away super-fast, so that I only saw whatshisface from the Highwaymen (didn't recognize him) and not the other "shocking" deaths: Tara, Enid, and—yay!—Henry. Apparently something went awry nationwide.
    Too bad about the Highwaymen; they had the potential to be somewhat interesting.

and—yay!—Henry.

This show I feel is trying wayyyy to hard now with the 'girl power' and pleasing the masses with diversity. Even though I did like the balls of this last episode, it just seems forced now...hard to move on though being so invested in it, but I want to. Only a matter of time...

Yeah, I fully agree. It was a kind of stupid thing that might have worked somewhat in the comic but which plays as utterly ridiculous in live action. Anyway, even if it actually existed, wouldn't Rick's group have died laughing when they discovered it? And why would they perpetuate it now that they've been integrated into other communities? The people running the show should just gracefully make it go away.
    Total bullshit. The world would be like The Road. And that film's scary.

I'm not sure what's worse, that something like a "King Ezekiel" exists in the show, and he kept a freakin' tiger, or that Negan still lives, let alone was thrown back in a cell after he escaped to go on a field trip and had the audacity to return.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post

This show I feel is trying wayyyy to hard now with the 'girl power' and pleasing the masses with diversity. Even though I did like the balls of this last episode, it just seems forced now...hard to move on though being so invested in it, but I want to. Only a matter of time...
    Hell, bring in more babes. The sausage fest must taper off somehow.

Too bad about the Highwaymen; they had the potential to be somewhat interesting.
    No kidding. Talk about spike fodder.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    I was cheering when I realized that one of those spikes held Henry's head. . Not so much Enid and Tara tho. The others I could care less about. It would have had way more impact had King EZ's head been up there, but whatevs.

Speaking of Henry, I will give TWD execs credit for casting an equally horrendous actor in Time-Jump Henry.

And speaking of the cast, so Lauren Cohan asks for a raise and the brass cans her? That's how much these assholes care about the fans of this show. I'd imagine, just by the frequency and length of paid ads alone, that this show is no revenue-slouch for the network. Throw her a couple bucks for fuck's sake. That's the only character that's missed in my view.
    Last edited by Paulie; 03-28-2019 at 11:36 AM.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    And speaking of the cast, so Lauren Cohan asks for a raise and the brass cans her? That's how much these assholes care about the fans of this show. I'd imagine, just by the frequency and length of paid ads alone, that this show is no revenue-slouch for the network. Throw her a couple bucks for fuck's sake. That's the only character that's missed in my view.
    Same thing happened with what's his name Elliot Stabler from L&O:SVU and IIRC he really wasn't asking for that much more. Could be wrong. That's my recollection anyway.

As for LC leaving, fine and ok, whatever business blah blah blah. But to just say she up and left is lousy storytelling. Couldn't come up with anything better than that?

Can't wait to see heads on sticks. I don't like spoilers but this is a one off thing and there's still Siddiq's speech which is supposedly legendary so I've still got a little left forward to seeing. I'll have to see exactly what transpired but I wonder if Alpha bit off a little more than she can chew.

The hierarchy of the Whisperer's is fascinating. Is there only Alpha and Beta? Just so we are clear, I don't care if a zombie apocalypse is happening, I ain't wearing dead skin masks. No freaking way. I couldn't survive that way. That's a level of depravity I could never stoop low enough to exist, let alone keep my sanity.

and there's still Siddiq's speech which is supposedly legendary
    Legendary? Where did you hear this?

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Legendary? Where did you hear this?
    Yeah, legendary was probably just a bit of hyperbole on my part. Bad choice of words. They did talk about highly on TTD but that's what that show is supposed to do.

"We have to let Negan out. He'll freeze down there."

So?!

"We have to let Negan out. He'll freeze down there."

So?!
    That show last night was killing me. So it was supposedly this blinding blizzard of a snowstorm in Virginia (does that even happen in Virginia?), and half the main characters are walking around with their coats unzipped. My wife and I were both going WTF? I mean……I have been in many blizzards here in Michigan and you certainly don’t have your coat unzipped, especially if you are walking around in the stuff. Ad to that, half of the walkers were supposedly frozen in place, but then they encounter more walkers (buried in snow no less) that were not frozen and moving around just fine. Seems like if it was really that cold, that a walker, wandering around in the elements would be frozen solid. I mean, they are literally walking human steaks.

I thought for a season finale it was pretty anticlimactic. I guess there was the voice on the radio cliffhanger right at the end, but other than that it was pretty weak for a finale. I did think some of Negan’s lines were funny though, especially the one about the baby daddy.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    That show last night was killing me. So it was supposedly this blinding blizzard of a snowstorm in Virginia (does that even happen in Virginia?), and half the main characters are walking around with their coats unzipped. My wife and I were both going WTF? I mean……I have been in many blizzards here in Michigan and you certainly don’t have your coat unzipped, especially if you are walking around in the stuff. Ad to that, half of the walkers were supposedly frozen in place, but then they encounter more walkers (buried in snow no less) that were not frozen and moving around just fine. Seems like if it was really that cold, that a walker, wandering around in the elements would be frozen solid. I mean, they are literally walking human steaks.

I thought for a season finale it was pretty anticlimactic. I guess there was the voice on the radio cliffhanger right at the end, but other than that it was pretty weak for a finale. I did think some of Negan’s lines were funny though, especially the one about the baby daddy.
    It was a snoozer. I concur re: the open jackets and selectiveness toward "frozen" zombies.

But the funniest part was showing Alpha and Beta back at Epsilon Kappa Theta...and there's NO snow. They can't be that far from the so-called Kingdom or the other places. Was it supposed to be a flashback? Didn't seem like it.