Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: KING CRIMSON The ContruKction of Light DELUXE BOX

KING CRIMSON The ContruKction of Light DELUXE BOX

I saw this posted by Adam Padja over at the Steve Hoffman Music Forums:

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/thread...etails.757472/

David Singleton confirmed yesterday during the Royal Package talk before the Poznań show in Poland that the 2000 era box should be out for Christmas and will include all Project shows as well as the reworked Construkction of Light among other things.

We saw a sample of some video footage from a show in Poznan 2000, which David had only just received - this will likely be included in the box.

ALL PROJEKCTS SHOWS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Now that sounds tasty
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Been wanting this for a while, absolutely an autobuy for me.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

IIRC KC filmed every single show of the European tour for something called "bootleg TV" which I think was an early attempt at a streaming service, that didn't pan out for whatever reason. If they press up a box full of these shows as DVDs I'll buy it. Audio only? I'll consider that...
    Last edited by arturs; 06-14-2018 at 01:36 PM.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Has everything contained in The ProjeKcts box set already been released separately? If not (and I hope it hasn't) something from The ProjeKcts box should be withheld from this new set so that The ProjeKcts still has some intrinsic value of its own (aside from the packaging).

Just my 2 cents, though I know it won't be popular.

I suspect it'll be similar to The Great Deceiver and the Larks/Starless/Road to Red boxes. The former will be redundant for completists but still of value for folks who want a more condensed view.

IMHO.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Has everything contained in The ProjeKcts box set already been released separately? If not (and I hope it hasn't) something from The ProjeKcts box should be withheld from this new set so that The ProjeKcts still has some intrinsic value of its own (aside from the packaging).

I believe all of the shows each of the ProjeKcts have played are on DGM Live. Except the P3 show from 2003 when Adrian was out sick.

The best thing on the ProjeKcts box was the Masque compilation IMO. That hasn't been released separately to my knowledge.

definitely an auto-buy for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 100423 View Post
    I suspect this means "Representative shows by all the ProjeKcts," not "All fifty-odd ProjeKcts gigs ever played" on top of however many actual KC shows from the era are included. If I'm wrong...whew.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    I suspect this means "Representative shows by all the ProjeKcts," not "All fifty-odd ProjeKcts gigs ever played" on top of however many actual KC shows from the era are included. If I'm wrong...whew.
    ya seems unlikely that literally every show would be included P2 played a whole bunch of shows the others less so but still would be the biggest box of the series ever just on that stuff alone if true.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Has everything contained in The ProjeKcts box set already been released separately?
    I didn't think any of the 4 discs from the Projekcts box were ever sold separately.

I guess I'm glad that I never pulled the trigger on getting the rest of the P1 material as downloads; hoping the box will include all of those. I held off buying the downloads because I figured they'd announce a physical release as soon as I pressed the buy button.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    I guess I'm glad that I never pulled the trigger on getting the rest of the P1 material as downloads; hoping the box will include all of those. I held off buying the downloads because I figured they'd announce a physical release as soon as I pressed the buy button.
    Exactly my fear as well. I wouldn't doubt this concern has substantially decreased download sales since KC started releasing these behemoth boxes. DGM could avoid it by giving some credit towards buying any future box containing the same material when you buy the downloads.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Sweeeeeeeet. All projeKct shows is certainly ambitious. I hope beyond hope it's all the shows for projeKct one and three at least (ideally four too, but that might be pushing it).

First one of these sets that is an autobuy for me.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

wouldn't shock me if they left those discs as bonus features on the blu rays and featured complete shows instead on the CD portion so if having them on CD counts as intrinsic value for you maybe that will remain.

Fantastic!! I missed out on the ProjeKct box the first time so I'm pretty excited about this. It would be everything that was on that intitial box set correct?
    "I want to be someone, who someone would want to be." Marillion

Quote Originally Posted by Polska View Post
    Fantastic!! I missed out on the ProjeKct box the first time so I'm pretty excited about this. It would be everything that was on that intitial box set correct?
    Read the previous posts - there are different guesses about this, no solid answers yet.

Fripp knows the password to my paypal account. This is an autobuy.

Interesting indeed! Some Heavy eXperimenTation going on during this period.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    This claims that Markus (Reuter, I'd have to guess) has worked on a TCOL remix. I've thought for a while now that he'd make a great Crim member.

I didn't think any of the 4 discs from the Projekcts box were ever sold separately.

P2 was.
    John Kelman
    Senior Contributor, All About Jazz since 2004
    Freelance writer/photographer

Quote Originally Posted by FrippWire View Post
    Fripp knows the password to my paypal account. This is an autobuy.
    Wire?

Quote Originally Posted by 100423 View Post
    Is he sure about this? It sounds awesome, but it's not a quote, just a secondhand description. If they seriously do it all, it'd have to be Blu-ray only and thus pretty much useless until somebody uploads a quality rip.

Has everything contained in The ProjeKcts box set already been released separately?
    Not quite. The P4 disc had some of its pieces blended & sequenced into suites different from the way they'd first been played. The entire P3 CD was that same kind of mash-up with some snippets of rehearsals & jams tossed in too. Talking just about the shows themselves, then yes, every one has been released in one form or another.

They all were, though (I think) only in Japan.

No ConstruKCtion reduKCtion of produKCtion equals wallet suKCtion and overloaded brain funKCtion. Buy it with no compunKCtion!
    Sleeping at home is killing the hotel business!

Quote Originally Posted by wilcox660 View Post
    No ConstruKCtion reduKCtion of produKCtion equals wallet suKCtion and overloaded brain funKCtion. Buy it with no compunKCtion!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral View Post
    Is he sure about this? It sounds awesome, but it's not a quote, just a secondhand description. If they seriously do it all, it'd have to be Blu-ray only and thus pretty much useless until somebody uploads a quality rip.
    I can't recall...do you have a blu day player attached to your computer? If so, I can tell you how to easily rip audio from blu rays. It's easy, and accounts for probably 30% of my high res collection. I listen to the hard media in my living room, bu otherwise, I play the ripped music on my DAP.

Let me know. If you have a blu Ray player, we can take this ofifline and I can have you ripping blu Ray audio easily, and for a one-time cost of max $50 to buy the software you need.

I'd be happy to help (and that offer goes to anyone having trouble ripping audio from blu Ray, BTW. It's the first thing I do when i get blu day audio, like with the 23 live shows in the last crimson box. I rip 'em so I can put them on my DAP, which means I can listen in bed or when out of the house, which is very helpful under my current circumstances, and given I like to listen to music a lot before writing about it.

Sp, I'd happily share "how to" ... just let me know, you'll need a blu ray player that you can connect to your PC or Mac. I'm more Mac literate these days, having deserted Windows 4 years ago, but it's the same software so works similarly, irrespective of whether you're Windows or OS X.

Cheers!
    John Kelman
    Senior Contributor, All About Jazz since 2004
    Freelance writer/photographer