Page 16 of 86 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Thread: King Crimson News

In addition to the already announced UK-exclusive 3 shows at the Royal Albert hall in June 2019, looks like they’ve added 5 shows in Germany.

Oh and they’ve officially confirmed the documentary that’s been filming them on the road all of 2018 is expected to drop in 2019....

So we shall certainly see how this 50th anniversary tour shapes up!

Quote Originally Posted by unclemeat View Post
    From DGM :
    A reference to "Toby Amies directing the filming of a c. 65 minute performance for inclusion on his DVD documentary of King Crimson."
    And according to the DGM.com website, now the King Crimson documentary has a name: COSMIKC F*KC!
    https://www.dgmlive.com/news/King%20...%202019%20Tour

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Well, maybe for you, but memory didn't serve for me.
    Don't feel bad. The other day I told somebody "Feel Like a Stranger" (Grateful Dead) was a Steve Miller Band song. Too much music, memory full! 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by starless and bible black View Post
    And according to the DGM.com website, now the King Crimson documentary has a name: COSMIKC F*KC!
    https://www.dgmlive.com/news/King%20...%202019%20Tour
    As long as the documentary hasn't had to be approved by Fripp, that will be nice to see.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

The eons are closing
    Some US dates announced due to royal packages being released.

Picked up my package for Radio City next Sept.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Some US dates announced due to royal packages being released.

Picked up my package for Radio City next Sept.

oh shit. here we go wallet

I just re-upped my Royal membership deal too. really hope that the Friends and Family gig is on the East Coast so I can save a few bucks!

also wondering if the rumored "residencies" thing is or isn't happening. a tour of residences would be optimum as going to multiple shows on a string would almost guarantee a full transpotted setlist; you don't want to travel to 3-4 different cities and shows and miss the one Fracture they play that month
    2trevorsforlife

The eons are closing
    Went to 21 Dead Shows - never saw Scarlet->Fire or Terrapin.

So I am a fugitive from the law of averages.

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Went to 21 Dead Shows - never saw Scarlet->Fire or Terrapin.

So I am a fugitive from the law of averages.

my first Dead show in 1983, saw a Help>Knot>Franklins

not one more in over 50 shows after that (I stopped going in 1990. Brent)

went back to see 'The Dead' with Warren and sure enough, got a Help>Knot>Franklins

so far the Dead and Co's have been far less rewarding. skipped the last few tours but am going to a show this summer. maybe the last one for me ever, not a fan of Phil's shows and sold my latest Weir and Wolf Co ticket
    2trevorsforlife

Quote Originally Posted by helix View Post
    oh shit. here we go wallet

I just re-upped my Royal membership deal too. really hope that the Friends and Family gig is on the East Coast so I can save a few bucks!

also wondering if the rumored "residencies" thing is or isn't happening. a tour of residences would be optimum as going to multiple shows on a string would almost guarantee a full transpotted setlist; you don't want to travel to 3-4 different cities and shows and miss the one Fracture they play that month
    sept 3 LA
    sept 10 Chicago
    sept 21 NYC

looks like they are starting on the west coast unless they start in florida and do a full there and back, good for my wallet if friends and family show is in California.

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    Well, the idea that I may see King Crimson again makes me happy.

In September too, that's a plus because it is far away enough from the Nick Mason show that I can reasonably sell the wife on it.

Now if Magma hit San Francisco in midsummer, it would be a superlative year for these ears.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

The eons are closing
    Pre sale for RCMH starts tomorrow 10am

meltdown is the code.

The great 2019 Wallet Meltdown

https://www.dgmlive.com/news/King%20...g%2050%20years

The current eight musician line-up will perform 50 concerts across three continents as part of their 2019 Celebration tour.

Physical music releases :

February: King Crimson 1972 – 74 – boxed set of 6LPs from Larks’ Tongues in Aspic to the expanded USA in 200 gram vinyl.

May: Heaven and Earth - Multi-disc CD/ DVD-a/Blu-Ray set covering the period from the late 1990s – 2008

Oct: Complete 1969 Recordings CD/DVD-a/Blu-Ray set
    Limited edition expanded boxed set of “In The Court of the King Crimson” including all the live recordings, the expanded multitrack 1969 recording sessions, as well as a new 5.1 remix of the album.A vinyl set of 1969 recordings is also being planned.

Other planned music releases include:
    200 gram vinyl editions of Beat and Three of a Perfect Pair
    the 2CD 2019 King Crimson tour box

2019 will see the release of CLUB48, CLUB49 and CLUB50 - the final three in the Collectors Club series, taking it to 50 releases in the band’s 50th year. CLUB48 will be a recently discovered board recording of the concert in Newcastle on 8th December 1972.

Digital music releases:
    50 tracks, 1 per week featuring a new, rare or alternate take from across the KC catalogue and available via all major download and streaming services

Books :
    June: Sid Smith's long out-of-print acclaimed biography, In the Court of King Crimson will be published in a revised, updated and expanded edition.

Oct: DGM Companion Vol 1, edited by Robert Fripp & David Singleton – Vinyl sized coffee table book covering the history of “In The Court of Crimson King”, with complete timeline, extensive photos, recollections and essays.

Documentary:
    Cosmic F*Kc: The King Crimson documentary, directed by Toby Amies, who has been given unique access to the current band as well as interviews with past members and archive footage. To be released in late 2019.
    An accompanying soundtrack will also be issued.

And then some.
    Last edited by unclemeat; 01-13-2019 at 06:00 AM.

Wow.

That is a lot of stuff. I am curious what stuff from the 2004 rehearsals and 2008 tour there will be in the Heaven and Earth box. I wonder this just academically, as I don't buy the boxes.

I've been listening to the Chicago 2008 download and it is a fascinating document: some songs sound absolutely incredible in these arrangements (especially Neurotica), but in other places I can tell why DGM has never put out a physical release from the tour. I seem to recall reading there were problems with Fripp and Belew hearing each other and playing in sync, which may be to blame for an uncharacteristic tentativeness at certain points. Still, though, it is a really fun and interesting listen--even if this group never reached whatever its potential would have been.

I'd be interested in reading the book. The documentary looks cool. I bet by the end of the 50th anniversary shenanigans, critics outside of the prog bubble will view King Crimson as a rock version of Sun Ra Arkestra. The continuing revision of self-understanding and self-mythologizing of the band is of course silly, but they've earned it. I, for one, and endlessly entertained by the liner notes from "Vrooom Vrooom", "Absent Lovers", et al that were full of different versions of DGM's business credo.

The Collector's Club ending on a round number is fairly satisfying--I'll probably be getting #48, as I've been listening to the Guildford '72 album and am finally "getting" the magic of the Muir lineup.

Are they only playing 3 US dates...lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    Are they only playing 3 US dates...lol

Hhhhhhmmnmmmm prolly more to be announced. They haven’t announced all 50 dates yet and considering the USA shows so far are New York, Chicago, and California, that’s a large amount of travel for only 3 shows....we’ll see!

Most curious for heaven and earth given it apparently will include stuff into 2008 and now knowing the documentary will include a soundtrack, curious to see what goes into that!

Lots to be excited about here.

The new soundboard of Newcastle '72 will be the best-sounding, non-studio recording of the original Larks' band.

A new mix of ConstruKction of Light (sure to be included in the new box) is most welcome.

If I have a wishlist, it's that the live band will come my way and that they'll play a few more new pieces (or, at least, revive "The Errors"). Still, nothing to complain about with these announcements.

Anyone else getting the feeling that this is it for King Crimson, that Fripp has been building up to this year and planned all along to end the band in its 50th year?
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by kenticus View Post
    Hhhhhhmmnmmmm prolly more to be announced. They haven’t announced all 50 dates yet and considering the USA shows so far are New York, Chicago, and California, that’s a large amount of travel for only 3 shows....we’ll see!

Hope so and a return to Dallas too. A good turnout for them the last time they came thru. One of the best bands I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Anyone else getting the feeling that this is it for King Crimson, that Fripp has been building up to this year and planned all along to end the band in its 50th year?
    Quite possibly. It would explain the amount of touring. Either that or he's going to let Adrian back into some new configuration for one last hurrah there.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Rumours of touring plans till at least '22

Hate to be that guy, but....

Memo to Yes (either one):

This is how you celebrate a 50th Anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    Rumours of touring plans till at least '22

Oh man. That’s good news! I’ve been happy to see them twice in the past in the last few years. More than happy to double that. Wouldn’t mind visiting Pittsburgh again ...
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I'm shocked (!) that there's been no replies to my Happy Birthday KC post today, since today is the actual birthday! I posted a link to a YT post from David Singleton regarding weekly music postings to celebrate. Go find the thread!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I'm shocked (!) that there's been no replies to my Happy Birthday KC post today, since today is the actual birthday! I posted a link to a YT post from David Singleton regarding weekly music postings to celebrate. Go find the thread!
    Didn't spot it!

Sid Smith's long out-of-print acclaimed biography, In the Court of King Crimson will be published in a revised, updated and expanded edition.
    This is relevant to my interests
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart