Page 82 of 237 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 5923

Thread: The Damn I'm Old Thread - Putting Up With Being a Geezer

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    I'll be dead by the time I finish reading that article.
    Not if you take 500 mg of NR or NMN before you start reading!

Where are the mods when you need one?

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    I must have missed something too.

The ignore function requires no vitamins but regardless, this thread has become a waste of time.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by yamishogun View Post
    Not if you take 500 mg of NR or NMN before you start reading!
    They took 600 mg of NR and NMN before they started reading the thread, and are zonked out on their asses
    Regards,

Duncan

THAT EXPLAINS

I know a physical therapist in another state. He used to mow my mom's lawn when he was in high school/college. Anyway, I've been hitting him up for advice on recurring aches and pains. His solution for the tendinitis in my hands has me fumbling at playing guitar again, something that I was certain I had lost forever. Now I'm doing all this butt and thigh stuff because I get sore sitting in the chair in my home office. Between these, my planks and pull ups, and walking on the treadmill I feel like I'm turning back the clock. Fuck this getting old and just complaining.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Staying active is the only cure for getting old. That includes not only the body but the mind.

That's why I call my Chapman Stick my "alzheimer's prevention device"!
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Was it Bill Bruford who said, "Trying to dance to this music will give you a limber body and an agile mind"?

Quote Originally Posted by proggy_jazzer View Post
    That's why I call my Chapman Stick my "alzheimer's prevention device"!
    https://www.nextavenue.org/never-too-old-to-make-music/

Staying active is the only cure for getting old. That includes not only the body but the mind.
    ^^ THIS ^^
    Regards,

Duncan

Staying busy definitely helps. Thing is, Sometimes that sucks. I was swimming 1500 yards a day, until one day I just got fed up with looking at the bottom of a swimming pool. I have been trying to force myself back into the water and I can get a few decent days in, but then that same hatred of pool bottoms sets in and I just stop. I also tried playing music live, but even that is getting old, fast. Never thought I'd get tired of playing exactly whatever I want - but the repetition of practice is making me sick of the music I love. I want to play well when I perform and practice is the only thing that works to my knowledge - except maybe Alcohol, but that'll make you older really fast - not gonna imbibe.

So, what does that leave me? I am allergic to Bicycling- I break out with these big ugly skid marks all over my body... Maybe I can start playing golf again. Walking even the back 9 would be a decent workout. Especially chasing the stray balls - probably add 5 miles to every round.

Quote Originally Posted by Yodelgoat View Post
    Staying busy definitely helps. Thing is, Sometimes that sucks. I was swimming 1500 yards a day, until one day I just got fed up with looking at the bottom of a swimming pool. I have been trying to force myself back into the water and I can get a few decent days in, but then that same hatred of pool bottoms sets in and I just stop. I also tried playing music live, but even that is getting old, fast. Never thought I'd get tired of playing exactly whatever I want - but the repetition of practice is making me sick of the music I love. I want to play well when I perform and practice is the only thing that works to my knowledge - except maybe Alcohol, but that'll make you older really fast - not gonna imbibe.

So, what does that leave me? I am allergic to Bicycling- I break out with these big ugly skid marks all over my body... Maybe I can start playing golf again. Walking even the back 9 would be a decent workout. Especially chasing the stray balls - probably add 5 miles to every round.
    If you walk, golf can be a pretty decent workout, especially if you are on a course that is not flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Yodelgoat View Post
    ...Maybe I can start playing golf again. Walking even the back 9 would be a decent workout. Especially chasing the stray balls - probably add 5 miles to every round.
    LOL - that's me. Everyone else walks a third of the distance I walk, because they don't lose their balls. Me? I'm walking in an ever-widening search grid 18 times per game, trying to find a round white speck that is a master at hiding.

You want to make a very large fortune? Invent a golf ball finder! People like you and I will pay big bucks to alleviate that frustration.
    Regards,

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    You want to make a very large fortune? Invent a golf ball finder! People like you and I will pay big bucks to alleviate that frustration.
    Trump already has one.

It's called The Secret Service. And they always somehow find the balls on the putting green.

Banned
    Trump already has one.

It's called The Secret Service. And they always somehow find the balls on the putting green.
    Each golf ball is really a nano-UAV. And is controlled remotely in a discrete manner

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    #include<my usual observation>

<ironic rejoinder>..

Trump already has one.

And he doesn't get much exercise driving his golf cart all the way on the green.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Cheating at golf... cheating at life....

<ironic rejoinder>..
    It's amazing that he wants a blank check for this guy. Everyone with blinders on, nothing to see here, move along. Obviously, I'm not talking about golf. But the fail of the No Politics policy on PE is that it creates the illusion that whatever the issue, both sides are equally valid. That may have been arguably true in days gone by, but it's not remotely true in the Age of Trump.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    It's amazing that he wants a blank check for this guy. Everyone with blinders on, nothing to see here, move along. Obviously, I'm not talking about golf. But the fail of the No Politics policy on PE is that it creates the illusion that whatever the issue, both sides are equally valid. That may have been arguably true in days gone by, but it's not remotely true in the Age of Trump.
    That’s your obsession, and all politics is boring to me. It’s not a question of validity, politics are essentially invalid and fueled more than ever by the media/entertainment false or exaggerated narrative. When this website becomes totally focused on it, instead of art or engineering, I’m out.

The past two days I replaced five windows in my neighbors house just to give me something to do and help them out. Today my body is full of aches and pains, and that really wasn't all that physical of a job.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    ... all politics is boring to me.
    Until it negatively impacts your life. But then it's too late.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    The past two days I replaced five windows in my neighbors house just to give me something to do and help them out. Today my body is full of aches and pains, and that really wasn't all that physical of a job.
    I have *NEVER* had joint pain in damp & cold weather, until this year when I turned 65. Damn I'm getting old.