Page 318 of 403 FirstFirst ... 218268308314315316317318319320321322328368 ... LastLast
Results 7,926 to 7,950 of 10053

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Is it because he touched the puck or that you cannot back up once you start going forward?
    As I understand it, it was touching the puck, not just the over-skate.

Bill

I figured as much but I believe there is a rule where you need to be moving forward or laterally only...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Is it because he touched the puck or that you cannot back up once you start going forward?
    I was curious, so I looked this up in the rulebook. The rules for shoot-outs are the same as for penalty shots. The penalty shot rule (Rule 24) states...

Quote Originally Posted by Rule 24
    The puck must be kept in motion towards the opponent’s goal line and once it is shot, the play shall be considered complete. No goal can be scored on a rebound of any kind (an exception being the puck off the goal post or crossbar, then the goalkeeper and then directly into the goal), and any time the puck crosses the goal line or comes to a complete stop, the shot shall be considered complete.
    Based on the rule and the commentators comments, I believe that because the puck moved then came to a complete stop, the shot was considered complete.

The rule says that the puck must be kept in motion towards the opponent's goal line, not that the player must continue towards the opponent's goal line. I suspect that if he had not touched the puck and it had not moved, he might have been allowed to come back.

This is from the 2018/19 season rule book. That's the one that came up in my search and I couldn't be bothered searching further. http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/rul...L-rulebook.pdf
    Last edited by ForeverAutumn; 01-16-2020 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    Panarin is on a roll. I knew he was good but didn't realize how good. Wish the Isles got him. Uncle Lou isgoing to have to come up with a scorer or they will not go deep in the playoffs.

Sweet Revenge will be served Thursday at home.
    Words eaten. Don’t taste to good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post

Just having a little fun, just couldn't resist that GG reference! I actually know nothing about the issues with the Knights, I don't follow the Western teams that much. However, I was in Vegas recently for CES and was impressed how the city seems to have embraced the team. I was skeptical about how that would go, but unlike some other southern/hot weather markets, it seems to be getting traction in Vegas.

Hope finding a new coach is The Missing Piece they need to move forward. (Just can't help myself).

I was skeptical also but with all the transplants that live here and just the novelty of a sports team, damn the VGK fandom took off really quickly that year. The shooting and the opening home game ceremony honoring the victims and the first responders really made them our team.

Still get a little choked up thinking of that.

Glad you had a nice time here.

ETA: Wanted to add this weirdness. I delivered some food to an odd guy right behind where the shooting happened the day before. Went to a boat load of places here with that job but never there. Driving in I saw the back screen and saw what was going on. Didn't know that place existed or the festival that was going on.

What if I had been there the next night instead of the night before?

Last edited by TheLoony; 01-17-2020 at 01:19 AM.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    Words eaten. Don’t taste to good.
    Ugh... another goal with under a minute left...

Panarin has now completely moved from my 'Player most wanted in FA" last year to " If I see him on the streets, Imma gonna hit him with a trash can" LOL

Fuck
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Ugh... another goal with under a minute left...

Panarin has now completely moved from my 'Player most wanted in FA" last year to " If I see him on the streets, Imma gonna hit him with a trash can" LOL

Fuck

Wow, did they shit the bed today. Up 4-1 going into the 3rd and lose 6-4. Uncle Lou has some work to do. Don't expect them to do that much but losing Pelech really hurts. Need a lock down dman and a scorer. Playing Martin, Johnson, Komarov, and Brassard in the same game is like saying the bottom 6 are not helping on the scoreboard today.

"Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Porcupine Tree fans rejoice! I was here with my neices and they couldn't understand why I was panicking to get my phone out to take this video ...

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Porcupine Tree fans rejoice! I was here with my neices and they couldn't understand why I was panicking to get my phone out to take this video ...

I guess they've made it big now eh?
    We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
    But only we are gifted with the eyes to see
    On days without FEAR, when our heads are clear
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)

...too bad the game sucked Tortzzzzzzzzzzzzz hockey

OMG! This gives me hope! The only time I've heard PT at an event was before a Rush show, where Neil Peart picked the playlist and Sound of Muzak was played.

Cudos to whoever programs the music there, for having excellent taste.

Hey Klonk, since this is publicly posted on YouTube, can I share it with another music group I'm part of? It's a private group, so only the peeps in that group will see it.

Hey, while I'm on the subject...I created a private music discussion group on FB for a bunch of folks who used to participate on AudioReview (which is now defunct). We share all kinds of music there (not just prog). If anyone wants to join the group, send me a PM and I'll send you an invite. You have to have a FB account.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Hey Klonk, since this is publicly posted on YouTube, can I share it with another music group I'm part of? It's a private group, so only the peeps in that group will see it.

Hey, while I'm on the subject...I created a private music discussion group on FB for a bunch of folks who used to participate on AudioReview (which is now defunct). We share all kinds of music there (not just prog). If anyone wants to join the group, send me a PM and I'll send you an invite. You have to have a FB account.
    Of course! Share it wherever you want, no need to ask, but thanks! And I'm always dropping tunes over on FB (usually falling off the page like a rock ) so I'll jump in that group

Pretty cool Klonk! Here , they're stuck on Joker & The Thief as if it was still 2005!

Of course, now that I think about it, Blackest Eyes is probably older. It just doesn't feel nearly as stale...

MSG does a pretty good job with their playlists...something for everyone. You got the cliche rah rah stuff, good chunk of EDM/Techno, good chunk of metal/rock...keeps it interesting. They do the VH 'Hot For Teacher' intro for the "let's make some NOISE!!!!!!!" part of the game and it's freakin' awesome...place goes nuts The organ player Ray Castoldi has played in a lot of arenas and is always poundin out classic rock tunes between periods. He also wrote the Rangers goal song which is called 'Slapshot'.

The eons are closing
    Garden always does a good job with tuneage.

Problem with Nassau - one minute it's Unchained the next, it's Nelson.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I caught a good portion of the skills competition last night. the fastest skater is always fun for me as is the hardest shot. The rest...meh. That thing they did shooting from the stands was kinda stupid, but they looked like they were having fun so what the hell. What I really, really enjoyed was the womens 3 on 3 match. Now that was fun. Great goaltending and back n forth play

Trade rumors heatin up!!!

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    I actually liked the shooting stars thing. Yes, it was dumb, but it was fun and silly in a good way for an event such as this. I just wish they designed that arch thing a bit better so there weren't as many close calls as it turned out to be. Hopefully they will tweak it slightly and bring it back next year.

I enjoyed the women's match as well, but I'm not sure why they did it with the skills competition and not before the actual all-star game.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

I so want to watch the Battle of Alberta tonight...pissed! Instead I get Wash vs Nash/Tampa vs LA . What kinda crap is that?

Haha! You can find it in various places online, of course. It's been nice for a little authentic tension to be resurrected in the rivalry.

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    Haha! You can find it in various places online, of course. It's been nice for a little authentic tension to be resurrected in the rivalry.
    Yeah no doubt. More hatred!!

Also, just heard the new Seattle team name is going to be The Seattle Kraken. What say yous? I'm unsure ...
    Last edited by Klonk; 01-29-2020 at 09:58 PM.

The eons are closing
    Really? Kraken? smh

Yeah no doubt. More hatred!!

Also, just heard the new Seattle's team name is going to be The Seattle Kraken. What say yous? I'm unsure ...
    They should have went with Krakheads....rolls off the tongue easier.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson