Page 49 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 2255

Thread: The 2019 NFL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post

And it was a banger.
    In the Australian sense?

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Aren't you glad the Ravens don't listen to you, Ed?

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    Aren't you glad the Ravens don't listen to you, Ed?
    We will never know. They should have listened to me about Flacco.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

I think Jackson has proven he can throw the ball fine
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Perfectly describes Browns/Steelers mele.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Perfectly describes Browns/Steelers mele.

At least you are consistent in your advocating assault. Ray Rice, now Garrett.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    At least you are consistent in your advocating assault. Ray Rice, now Garrett.
    Two against one I think anyone would have done what he did. Even the sports commentators are starting to come around the more they watch the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Two against one I think anyone would have done what he did. Even the sports commentators are starting to come around the more they watch the video.
    No sane person would rip the helmet off another player and whack him on his unprotected head with it.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

The Chargers are one aggravating team to watch play.

Father Time may be catching up to Phillip Rivers.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    A few of the veteran QB's are starting to show their age.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Proud Member since 2/2002 UnderAGlassMoon's Avatar
    Run Like Hell was just played going to the commercial break on TNF, kind of cool.

I'm surprised it took so long for "he said a racial slur" to come out. That was one of the first thoughts that came to mind when this whole thing went down. It's all he-said, he-said.

OTOH......It took Rudolph a week to apologize for partially instigating the whole fiasco.......lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I'm surprised it took so long for "he said a racial slur" to come out. That was one of the first thoughts that came to mind when this whole thing went down. It's all he-said, he-said.
    It’s also unlikely. Racial comments will get players ostracized by their teammates. I mean you’re in locker room every day with young men of different cultures and races. That’s not to say it can’t happen, but more likely Mason said something personal to Myles, like about his mom or sister (or maybe nothing at all).
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    It’s also unlikely. Racial comments will get players ostracized by their teammates. I mean you’re in locker room every day with young men of different cultures and races. That’s not to say it can’t happen, but more likely Mason said something personal to Myles, like about his mom or sister (or maybe nothing at all).
    Yeah, I'm not saying there was a racial slur. Sounds more like something Garrett's team suggested when he was suspended indefinitely to sorta justify his rage.

Yeah, I'm not saying there was a racial slur. Sounds more like something Garrett's team suggested when he was suspended indefinitely to sorta justify his rage.
    Yeah, I'm with you. In trying to be fair to all the people who said great things about Garrett however, I do feel that Mason said "something" to him earlier in the game that amped him up. But what game doesn't have trash talking?

Well, just noticed the Cowboys visit the Pat's on Sunday, then they do Turkey Day. Doesn't look fair. Lol. Seriously, I could see the Cowboys getting blown out. I'm not hoping for that but ......

Well, just noticed the Cowboys visit the Pat's on Sunday, then they do Turkey Day. Doesn't look fair. Lol. Seriously, I could see the Cowboys getting blown out. I'm not hoping for that but ......
    The Pats will likely win, but they do have some injuries at WR that could prove problematic. Both teams have question marks when it comes to beating teams above .500, more so for the Cowboys. And while Dak is doing well, he will have to be perfect against the Pats who are stingy against the run.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Probably a classic Pats bend but don't break defensive games with Cowboys settling for field goals.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Probably a classic Pats bend but don't break defensive games with Cowboys settling for field goals.
    Could be. It's the #1 offense vs. the #1 defense. But I feel the key will be Zeke. They have to get some good run yardage for ball control, otherwise I don't see how they stop Brady from scoring.

The last time someone swung a helmet at another player he was suspended one game and two pre season games, so he only lost one paycheck. Maybe Garrett thought he would be treated as fairly as the other player.

Sounds more like something Garrett's team suggested when he was suspended indefinitely to sorta justify his rage.
    Every statement the Browns organization and players have made about the incident has unequivocally condemned Garrett's actions, both in the immediate aftermath and since. When asked about the racial slur, the response from Mayfield and others has been "first I've heard of it." The team is not trying to revise history, so let's put that one to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Every statement the Browns organization and players have made about the incident has unequivocally condemned Garrett's actions, both in the immediate aftermath and since. When asked about the racial slur, the response from Mayfield and others has been "first I've heard of it." The team is not trying to revise history, so let's put that one to bed.
    When I said " team" I meant his team of agents/lawyers. I should have been clearer. I could see PR people suggesting that, for obvious reasons. Anyway.....looking forward to Sunday. Dolphins should lose. All I want from the Dolphins is for them to be competitive whether we win or lose.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    It's more likely Garrett's legal team talked him into playing the "racial slur" card, or else it wouldn't have taken a week to come out. Anyhoo, I stated a week ago that the NFL should acknowledge Rudolph's role, but even if Rudolph went 'Archie Bunker' during the incident it doesn't condone what Garrett did nor should it reduce his punishment.