Thread: 11 Oct - gig with me and Dave Kerman

11 Oct - gig with me and Dave Kerman

In case anyone reading is in the vicinity of Basel Switzerland: On the 11th, I'll be doing a show with my old pal David Kerman. Includes some kind of art installation about which I have no idea, we'll each do a solo set, then massacre a few tunes together, even a 5UUs number! It HAS to be entertaining! It's this Friday October 11, 7pm: Beer & Wine (free) during DK's art installation. Concert starts at 8pm. The VIA - Amerbachstrasse 55a, Basel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Drake View Post
    It HAS to be entertaining!
    Or else???

Should be great fun Bob. Wish I was in the same hemisphere.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    I'm interested.

But also in America.

Do report how it goes.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Only ONE 5UUs tune??? So many classic to choose from. I wonder which it will be...

Kick ass and take no prisoners, Bob. Say hi to Kerms for me and B.Sue, eh?
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Well Bob, this seems just too damn good not to capture some sort of evidence of! Please considering sticking up a camera or pressing record on a stereo mic of some sort!!
    Last edited by auxfnx; 10-09-2019 at 12:27 PM.

I don't mind recording when that's the plan from the start, but I like to consider a live show as a one-off event WITH the audience who are there. Seeing or hearing a poor recording, completely disembodied from the moment, doesn't give a good impression of what it was really like. Knowing a show is being recorded makes it less likely to be carefree, knowing it's only NOW that matters. So no I won't 😀
    x

sorry I can't edit my last post - I meant to say that knowing a show is being recorded makes me slightly aware of trying to be 'good' for the recording, rather than letting it all be only for that moment, know what I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by B D View Post
    I don't mind recording when that's the plan from the start, but I like to consider a live show as a one-off event WITH the audience who are there. Seeing or hearing a poor recording, completely disembodied from the moment, doesn't give a good impression of what it was really like. Knowing a show is being recorded makes it less likely to be carefree, knowing it's only NOW that matters. So no I won't ��
    x
    I agree with everything you stated and good for you for articulating so!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

If I notice someone recording a video during a gig, of course that's fine, it happens.I don't discourage people from doing it, I'm just not interested in preserving a show myself, unless that was the plan from the start, then a show can be tailored for it, song selection, sound, ighting, etc.

sorry if i offended, just being a fan! i seem to be stepping on peoples principles all over the place here lately
    Last edited by auxfnx; 10-15-2019 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by auxfnx View Post
    sorry if i offended, just being a fan! i seem to be stepping on peoples principles all over the place here lately
    Not offended in the least, you'd have to try a LOT harder I just explained why I don't like recording gigs myself,
    x
    BD

So.... How'd the gig go?

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    So.... How'd the gig go?
    Not bad! Halfway through our duo set though, I got a nasty "guitarist cramp" in the left hand and had to stop, so Dave did the last ten minutes or so by himself, taking requests which was quite entertaining!