Page 126 of 330 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 8227

Thread: Current fav US TV series

For you GOT fans who are also Yankees fans, this may interest you:

As nauseating as I think this is, I have to admit I also find it amusing.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

There's a reason that Patricia Arquette has won the best female actor Emmy in a drama or series 2 years in a row, first for FX's "Escape From Dannemora" and now this year for Hulu's "The Gift".

Her "Gift" Emmy triggered my curiosity about the show, and I watched all 8 episodes yestrday.

All I have to say is, this show (based on actual events, which is even scarier) has a "creep-out" factor of 110%, and Arquette is positively riveting and horrifying. The androgynous young actor (Joey King) that plays her daughter imo has great acting chops as well. Highly recommended.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    There's a reason that Patricia Arquette has won the best female actor Emmy in a drama or series 2 years in a row, first for FX's "Escape From Dannemora" and now this year for Hulu's "The Gift".

Her "Gift" Emmy triggered my curiosity about the show, and I watched all 8 episodes yestrday.

All I have to say is, this show (based on actual events, which is even scarier) has a "creep-out" factor of 110%, and Arquette is positively riveting and horrifying. The
    androgynous young actor (Joey King) that plays her daughter imo has great acting chops as well. Highly recommended.
    Steve are you not referring the "The Act"?

I keep looking for a series called "The Gift" and cannot find it.

DtB

Quote Originally Posted by Dave the Brave View Post
    Steve are you not referring the "The Act"?

I keep looking for a series called "The Gift" and cannot find it.

DtB
    D'uh. I am indeed referring to "The Act", and have no idea other than chronology why I keep calling it "The Gift". Thanks.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

Phoebe Waller-Bridge is just about already a genius in my book.
    Forgot to tell you she was going to be on Seth Meyers, which aired last night. Sorry.

She's hosting SNL this weekend, tho.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

All I have to say is, this show (based on actual events, which is even scarier) has a "creep-out" factor of 110%, and Arquette is positively riveting and horrifying. The androgynous young actor (Joey King) that plays her daughter imo has great acting chops as well. Highly recommended.
    Apologies to Ms. Joey King, whose IMDB profile I should have checked before I presumed that she was androgynous rather than just being a fine enough actor to totally fool an old movie buff. Her preferred appearance off screen is clearly feminine from her photos.
    Last edited by progeezer; 10-04-2019 at 02:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I have to agree here. One season was enough.
    I like the series a lot. I also believe it continued to improve each season.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Geez, thanks for the tip on The Act. Once Hulu gets re-upped by my friend I'll watch that first. I've been through Castle Rock (cool if you are a Stephen King fan with loads of references to older books), The First (Sean Penn is really buff for an old dude) and The Path, which is fantastic. Aaron Paul is the lead but Hugh Dancy steals it. Hoping there's more to come from all three but I don't know.

AHS 1984 - I've never watched any of this series except the pilot which bored me to tears and I never watched any more. Since this seemed to be totally cheesy I thought why not, eh? This is MST3K worthy material with better cinematography. So awful its good.

As for commercials, someone really needs to kill the advertising agency and the people at Liberty Mutual for their absolutely irritating emu ads. I can't turn them off when I'm around Mom's tele and they drive me nuts. I would never use them for insurance, even if they were hundreds of dollars less just because of those ads. Just kill 'em all, please, and their stupid ads.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    I like the series a lot. I also believe it continued to improve each season.
    Duly noted! Maybe I'll go back to it, but my list of 'must watch' things is just growing too rapidly right now

I watched episode one of Netflix The I-Land recently. That will probably be the last episode I watch ...what a bunch of stupid, annoying, stranded people.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Had to binge on season three of Mr. Robot. Been two years and that was long enough for my scattered brain to not remember what the hell was going on. Very good show but damn it's off the rails looking at how things "up there" really happen. Love the scene with Irving, the cleaner, with the rich people partying while the world rots and oh BTW they have a dead chick in the bathroom but it's no big deal. Party on, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Had to binge on season three of Mr. Robot. Been two years and that was long enough for my scattered brain to not remember what the hell was going on. Very good show but damn it's off the rails looking at how things "up there" really happen. Love the scene with Irving, the cleaner, with the rich people partying while the world rots and oh BTW they have a dead chick in the bathroom but it's no big deal. Party on, eh?
    Mr Robot is a great show, but as I've commented on before, it's impossible to keep up with the story when there's only 10 or 12 episodes a season and the story is so convoluted. I think I'm going to wait until season 4 has aired and then binge the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Mr Robot is a great show, but as I've commented on before, it's impossible to keep up with the story when there's only 10 or 12 episodes a season and the story is so convoluted. I think I'm going to wait until season 4 has aired and then binge the whole thing.
    It's also been two years since season three so unless your mind is a steel trap you pretty much have to go back and watch previous seasons.

Great quote in the opening sequence of last nights episode:

"What better way to gain leverage on everyone than if everyone was connected? United States was a test case. Americans seemed the most ready to give their lives over to a box. Without hesitation everyone jumped online. Offered everything they had - bank accounts, electric bills, medical records, dna data, baby pictures. We staged the biggest coup in human civilization and the whole world volunteered to take part - opted in, checked the box and clicked "I agree".

That's some harsh truth there.

Started watching Batwoman on CW. Two episodes in and I'm digging it. It picks up three years after the Nolan movies end. Batman is gone and Gotham is now being terrorized again so the younger cousin takes up the mantle, working with Lucious Fox's kid in the "defunct" Wayne enterprises to save Gotham. Fun stuff.

Tonight is the season finale of Lodge 49. I'm hoping they give us something to explain WTF is really going on. They brought in Cheech to do almost nothing and now Paul Giamatti has joined but for what reason? After two seasons they better give us something.
    Last edited by TheLoony; 10-14-2019 at 04:45 PM.

New season of Peaky Blinders is available now. I love this show.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Thinking I was behind on episodes of The Good Place and knowing this season had started, which is the series' final, I went back and started looking on Netflix to see what I had missed in season 3. Not a lot looked familiar so I went back to season 2.

Holy shit! I'm not sure how but there are quite a few episodes I missed from seasons 3 and 2. Now I'm bingeing it and finished S2 last night.

I forgot how good this show is. Why? Because there are only 12 episodes a season and given that it's on a broadcast network, wasn't shown regularly every week.

I hate to sound like a broken record but it makes me wonder how many shows are needlessly cancelled and/or how much revenue isn't generated because the geniuses in programming keep fucking around with scheduling.

p.s. Kristin Bell has got a smokin' body.

Thinking I was behind on episodes of The Good Place and knowing this season had started, which is the series' final, I went back and started looking on Netflix to see what I had missed in season 3. Not a lot looked familiar so I went back to season 2.

Holy shit! I'm not sure how but there are quite a few episodes I missed from seasons 3 and 2. Now I'm bingeing it and finished S2 last night.

I forgot how good this show is. Why? Because there are only 12 episodes a season and given that it's on a broadcast network, wasn't shown regularly every week.

I hate to sound like a broken record but it makes me wonder how many shows are needlessly cancelled and/or how much revenue isn't generated because the geniuses in programming keep fucking around with scheduling.

p.s. Kristin Bell has got a smokin' body.
    Firefly comes to mind. Fox screwed that one up real good.

I concur that Kristen Bell is quite the hottie.

The Purge returns tonight. They have done real well with this franchise both the movies and the show. Treadstone debuts after that and it might be good. Something about genetically altered superhuman assassins.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    New season of Peaky Blinders is available now. I love this show.
    I am still on season 2 right now, but enjoying it.

Second season of "The Kominsky Method" available on Netflix 10/25. I'm not a big sitcom fan, and this is far from your standard network sitcom, but Douglas & Arkin are tremendous and the writing is top-notch.

some details about Season 3 of Westworld.

Anthony Hopkins and Jimmi Simpson are gone

Mr. Robot did something amazing last night. An episode with almost no dialogue. The show is cool but that was even cooler.

^ I got so behind on that show that I decided I'd wait for all four seasons to end up on Netflix or Prime and then binge the whole thing.

^ I got so behind on that show that I decided I'd wait for all four seasons to end up on Netflix or Prime and then binge the whole thing.
    The episode will probably win them an Emmy. Absolutely brilliant. Can't wait 'til next weeks torture episode.

Anyone catch the premiere of His Dark Materials on HBO last night? They were obviously throwing a lot of exposition on the screen to get the ball rolling but it was quite impressive.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

^ Any tie in to The Golden Compass film, or did they start everything from scratch?

They started from scratch. Also, they begin with what I understand is some prequel material. They will cover all the books in two years.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

^ Thanks, Jerol.