Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead Thread V.3

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post

Next plot hole to fill, why is the prison so invisible and hard to find. Are there no maps, no road signs? Michonne makes it there by walking so it can't be far from either the Gov's town or where Merle met up with his two captives. So what the fuck?
    Nope. Not far. Nobody thought of going there.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffo621 View Post

While it was obvious that Michonne got some viscera splattered on her, I'm beginning to wonder if she has some sort of "zombie immunity" that causes them to not pay attention to her.
    No. She's just fuckin' awesome.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    The girl with Glenn is still the only hot one. I kind of agree that it's good Lori is gone - she was annoying. And the blond with the guv I never liked. Sorry, a lot of the names just don't stick for me. Michonne is irritating, though good with her blade.

Both Michonne and the blonde are totally shag-able.

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    Not IMO. But that's just me. BTW, I didn't like Lori (sp?), but she was bangable. Never liked the blonde, but her sister was hot as I recall.

Lori = not interested in the slightest...

And then some.

Hitting it's stride now, after a couple episodes with wtf? moments.

How many episodes do we have left to go? I can't wait for the Guv and Rick to go to war.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I believe there's a total of 15 this year, but I'm not sure if there's a break in the middle.

Not to me, but if they'd let Lori turn, then let Michonne and the blonde get it on with Zombie Lori, then they'd have had something.

Quote Originally Posted by scags View Post
    I believe there's a total of 15 this year, but I'm not sure if there's a break in the middle.
    16 with a break in the middle.

Next week will be the midseason finale. Not sure when it will pick up.

Glen showed that he is one tough SOB in last night's episode. Michonne showed that she is very calculating - did you notice that she didn't really do too much when they were in the forest? I think she's hesitant to show what she is capable of. The Governor is one evil SOB. And Merle - I can't quite figure out. I don't even think he's sure where his loyalties lie, and it will be interesting to see how the writers resolve his situation. The easy way would be for him to die heroically (killing the Governor?), most likely right after he reconciles with Daryl. It's a bit "Hollywood," so I hope they think of something a little less lazy than that

- Jeff

Fighting a zombie while tied to a chair doesn't look like fun. They have things set up for some serious action next week, to hold us over for the break.

Yeah, and it'll sound a bit of a stereotype (even though Steven Yuen is Korean) but he took a page out of the Jackie Chan Playbook there - that was a really terrific action scene

The Zombie vs, Glen in a chair was a highlight.

Big battle next week, it'll be interesting to see who's left standing...,
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

They also addressed the question of the prison- they knew about it, but considered it too full of "Biters"

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Nope. Not far. Nobody thought of going there.
    They knew about the prison. When Merrel tells the gov that Glen and Maggie and their group were living in the prison he said ... It's was over-run by biters.

* oops, sorry scags, I just noticed your reply.... at least there's two of us paying attention

Yeah, and it'll sound a bit of a stereotype (even though Steven Yuen is Korean) but he took a page out of the Jackie Chan Playbook

Joke aside, great scene, and like Merle said, being out on the road has put some hair on Glenn's balls.

Overall, I thought that was a really good episode. The scenes with Glenn were definitely the highlights.

The scene with the Governor and what's-her-name bothered me a little.

The scene where Michonne shows up at the prison and just about everything that followed... . I just figured she would have known about a group Andrea got separated from and maybe would have even known a name or two.

I don't know, I just thought those scenes with Michonne and Rick & the Gang weren't written very well.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Hal said:
    Then I suppose it was effective - it was really creepy and unsettling. In the books, he repeatedly and brutally raped Michonne while Glen was listening in the other room. So it could've been a lot worse (and they may still go that route)

I don't know, I just thought those scenes with Michonne and Rick & the Gang weren't written very well.
    It did seem a bit clumsy, but Michonne is keeping things close to the vest - she's feeling out Rick's group just the same way that she was feeling out the Woodbury group. If you notice, in the forest she didn't kill any walkers because she didn't (IMO) want to show what she is capable of. She also didn't mention Andrea either - and she has to know that this is the group that Andrea was with.

Just curious, but it seems to me that all that sticking knives and such through almost any part of the skull would actually be quite hard in real life. The skull is a pretty hard shell, but these guys make it look like they are putting (almost anything) through it like it was just a sandbag.

Anyone here who knows more about the skull from a medical sense and can confirm that this looks improbably easy, at best.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

I was just discussing the "knives through the skulls" thing the other day with a coworker - I'm willing to grant that a decomposing zombie might have pretty weak bones, and thus be easier to stab through bone (or get their skull smashed when somebody stomps on it), but that takes a bit of a leap - especially when it was someone who just recently turned, as was the case with the old dude. Of course, you have to realize that we are discussing reanimated dead people, so I guess some leaps of faith are required.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Using her vulnerability, and the threat of sexual violation on a woman prisoner...Didn't look to me like it was the first time he'd done that.

I was just discussing the "knives through the skulls" thing the other day with a coworker - I'm willing to grant that a decomposing zombie might have pretty weak bones, and thus be easier to stab through bone (or get their skull smashed when somebody stomps on it), but that takes a bit of a leap - especially when it was someone who just recently turned, as was the case with the old dude. Of course, you have to realize that we are discussing reanimated dead people, so I guess some leaps of faith are required.
    There was one ep this year where they smashed a skull and it looked like a balloon deflating rapidly. Unintentionally funny.