Page 64 of 238 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 5932

Thread: The Damn I'm Old Thread - Putting Up With Being a Geezer

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Just had a piece of grilled salmon on a bed of fresh spinach. Out of this world. Another thing I stopped doing is eating out. I'm not saying I never eat out, but as a general rule, I avoid it.
    My problem is that I travel on business about every other week.

it's VERY hard to eat healthy when you're living in a hotel!

So I'm several pounds of hotel food above my preferred weight
    Regards,

Duncan

I'm seeing a pose off happening at Progday this year..

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    My problem is that I travel on business about every other week.

it's VERY hard to eat healthy when you're living in a hotel!

So I'm several pounds of hotel food above my preferred weight
    Here is what you do. If you have a hamburger toss the bun. Just eat the meat, cheese, and the veggies. Hold the fries too. Doesn't sound like alotta fun but you'd be surprised.

Here is what you do. If you have a hamburger toss the bun. Just eat the meat, cheese, and the veggies. Hold the fries too. Doesn't sound like alotta fun but you'd be surprised.
    Yep, that's what I do, and I have fruit instead of fries. Still, the burgers are usually fatty and salty. (And tasty )

I try to discipline myself to have a grilled chicken rather than a burger.
    Regards,

Duncan

Yep, that's what I do, and I have fruit instead of fries. Still, the burgers are usually fatty and salty. (And tasty )

I try to discipline myself to have a grilled chicken rather than a burger.
    Nothing wrong with fat. Today I grilled a ribeye, encrusted with cracked black pepper, on a plate of raw spinach. I eat the fat and gristle too. I don't eat a lot of red meat, but I gotta have steak or liver a couple times a month. I avoid fruit. Gotta watch my glucose levels.

Auugggh! I have to go out to shovel snow now. The older I get the worse this fact of life up North gets. When shoveling the berm the plow leaves at the end of the drive way, I always wonder, is this the scoop that gives me the heart attack?
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Come down south and live the good life and defy Cuomo's charge that Florida is stealing people from NY.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lopez
    Auugggh! I have to go out to shovel snow now. The older I get the worse this fact of life up North gets. When shoveling the berm the plow leaves at the end of the drive way, I always wonder, is this the scoop that gives me the heart attack?
    I face the same prospect this morning in the West. I live at the foot of the Sierra Nevada. Snowed all weekend, and longer. Lotta snow. I'm writing this in the spirit of procrastination. But if I want to go anywhere or buy food to eat, I gotta shovel my way out. I have two berms, one where snow drops from the eaves, and the one the snowplow leaves. And my snow boots disintegrated recently. But my bitching won't clear the driveway. Would that it could.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Come down south and live the good life and defy Cuomo's charge that Florida is stealing people from NY.
    Some comedian (it might have been Jerry Seinfeld) joked that Florida is actually a piece of Long Island that broke off, drifted south and attached itself to Georgia.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    Some comedian (it might have been Jerry Seinfeld) joked that Florida is actually a piece of Long Island that broke off, drifted south and attached itself to Georgia.
    LOL

When I was working in Miami, some locals called it "South South Bronx".

And the further south you go in Florida (geographically), the further north you go (culturally).
    Regards,

Duncan

LOL

When I was working in Miami, some locals called it "South South Bronx".

And the further south you go in Florida (geographically), the further north you go (culturally).
    My mom used to call the southeast coast of Florida "Brooklyn with palm trees."
    Lou

It's not easy being the blue-haired Jewish lady retirement mecca.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    I was going to recommend getting a Wovel like I have, but it looks like they may have gone out of business.
    https://wovel.com/

Edit: I contacted the company and they e-mailed back:
    Hi Dave,

The wovel is temporarily out of stock. They will be available mid September.

Best regards,
    Pat

Pat Green Office Manager
    nootools, llc
    a structured solutions llc company

SnowWolf (.com)
    LeafLoader (.com)
    Raxstars (.com)
    PaintGards (.com)
    BallMagnet (.com)

O: 877-598-2599

F: 203-442-1168
    Last edited by Dave (in MA); 02-19-2019 at 05:15 PM.

We're supposed to get 5 to 8 inches tomorrow.

Yippee

I bought a snow thrower last year.

Yay
    Regards,

Duncan

3 days ago me and DW were checking the internet for a place to spend retirement. We found great listings and didn't want to miss the chance so in the end we decided to buy a villa on the French Riviera. At first it was like a joke but then I thought about all these studying years, working years, retirement was always like a joke back then but.. I guess it's not a joke anymore.

Funny that Virginia is the deep, deep south and it gets more "northern" the farther south you go.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Banned
    ^^^
    Nope. Northern Virginia is part of the DC Metro Area and increasingly culturally diverse and liberal. As you move south it gets more and more religious and conservative and you will notice people having less and less teeth, education and intelligence. I know, I lived in Lynchburg for a year and the sheer ignorance, bigotry and narrow-mindedness eminating from Liberty University infected the entire area...

Man I'm gettin' old. I've spent the day listening to nothin' but Charlie Pride and Ray Price on Youtube.

Man I'm gettin' old. I've spent the day listening to nothin' but Charlie Pride and Ray Price on Youtube.
    Speaking of Charlie Pride, PBS is airing a doc about him this week. As they say, check your local listings for day and time.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    Speaking of Charlie Pride, PBS is airing a doc about him this week. As they say, check your local listings for day and time.
    I saw it. That's what made me go to Youtube to listen to Charlie. It's kinda sappy, and Countrypolitan but the man has a great voice.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabreath View Post
    ^^^
    Nope. Northern Virginia is part of the DC Metro Area and increasingly culturally diverse and liberal. As you move south it gets more and more religious and conservative and you will notice people having less and less teeth, education and intelligence. I know, I lived in Lynchburg for a year and the sheer ignorance, bigotry and narrow-mindedness eminating from Liberty University infected the entire area...
    You are a bigot. Only a narrow mind would characterize the entire South of 2018 that way. The Research Triangle Park area has had a higher density of PHDs, for 40 years, than just about anywhere else. Talk about ignorant. Where have you been for the last 50 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    You are a bigot. Only a narrow mind would characterize the entire South of 2018 that way. The Research Triangle Park area has had a higher density of PHDs, for 40 years, than just about anywhere else. Talk about ignorant. Where have you been for the last 50 years.
    Well put...I was thinking a bigoted and narrow mind, and some anger too..
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

And now I'm listening to Johnny Paycheck. Sue me.....

And now I'm listening to Johnny Paycheck. Sue me.....
    Hey, I like Boxcar Willie and all of the Hanks. And on occasion, I've been known to throw on my CD of Sinatra with the Harry James orchestra.
    Lou

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    Jeez, Chris, take a chill-pill!

If you re-read the original post, he was referring to Virginia. And he's right - it with the exception of the UVA area and the Hampton Roads areas, it (VIRGINIA) generally does get more old-school "southern".
    Regards,

Duncan