Page 68 of 89 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 2217

Thread: The Everything Metal Thread

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    I have been listening to the remaster of the Sham Mirrors. I am very happy with it! Knut Magne Valle revealed that Sverd's keyboards actually are accompanying the guitar in certain parts of that.
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

Funeral doom from Russia.

Just discovered this, by looking for the name of the group, which I saw on a van, near where I live.

https://meltingeyes.bandcamp.com/alb...-resting-place
    Last edited by Rarebird; 04-22-2022 at 02:11 PM.

Kirk Hammett becomes the first Metallica member to do a solo release, the Portals EP. Pretty cool actually! A little different from what you might expect.

Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Kirk Hammett becomes the first Metallica member to do a solo release, the Portals EP. Pretty cool actually! A little different from what you might expect.

Saw that on Facebook the other day. Pretty cool if the whole EP is like that.

Loving that Kirk Hammett EP. Very proggy and kinda Crimson-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Loving that Kirk Hammett EP. Very proggy and kinda Crimson-ish.
    Indeed, and he's recently said that he finally got into prog in the last five years. He mentioned hearing Stand Up and being blown away by it (and yes, he acknowledged the irony re: Grammys).
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

This killer Jason Bieler disc from last year is still getting a lot of mileage in my shack...

"Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Indeed, and he's recently said that he finally got into prog in the last five years. He mentioned hearing Stand Up and being blown away by it (and yes, he acknowledged the irony re: Grammys).
    Yeah I saw an interview with Kirk several years ago where he mentioned he was getting into King Crimson.

I've never thought of Kirk Hammett as a great guitarist but he has his distinctive tone/style. Really enjoyed his EP. Gonna give it another listen.

I gave it another listen. Wonderful. Just a great EP.

I would argue that some of Metallica's stuff, espectially "And Justice For All" era is prog-metal.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I would argue that some of Metallica's stuff, espectially "And Justice For All" era is prog-metal.
    Oh, absolutely. Have you ever tried to count along to Blackened? The time sig changes are psychotic. He's saying they weren't listening to prog bands - like Tull for example - until recent years (or him, anyway, I know Lars has always been a big Marillion fan... yes, really!)

Working in Berlin this weeks means extra extra headphone and music time. Here are the discoveries -

Ba'al - In Gallows By Mass - Sludgy stoner atmospheric metal. The vocalist is a true talent.

Petbrick - Look what Iggor Cavalera (Sepultura) is up to, Experimental Rock!

White Ward - Love Exchange Failure - I don't "Post <Genre>" often, but when I do it sounds like this.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

White Ward =

Was he kicked out of the band too or did Hatfield and Ulrich come to their senses to let other members work on non-Metallica related projects?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I didn't know until I just now saw a reference to this: Christian Metal is also sometimes referred to as "White Metal." Friggin' LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Zalmoxe View Post
    Was he kicked out of the band too or did Hatfield and Ulrich come to their senses to let other members work on non-Metallica related projects?
    I was wondering the same thing.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

This is very good! Thanks for posting it.

IMO, this is very good!
    Regards,

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    IMO, this is very good!
    Been listening to this EP for the last few day. I think it's great!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

This album is fantastic. Melodic, heavy metal.

So...this exists:

The anthem of the great resignation.....