Page 330 of 402 FirstFirst ... 230280320326327328329330331332333334340380 ... LastLast
Results 8,226 to 8,250 of 10029

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Just updated both of our fantasy leagues with draft date/time as well as the deadline/guidelines for the keeper league.

One question that we've discussed in the past is whether or not to continue using PIMs as a skater stat. If you have thoughts one way or the other, feel free to post on the message board for the respective leagues.

Still looking for one more player for our standard fantasy league. I think it's actually a good year to try fantasy hockey if you've never participated before--shortened, contracted schedule makes the full season a bit less of a commitment than it would be normally...not that it's a huge time commitment anyway. If you're interested in joining, send me a PM with any questions you might have.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I also saw you dealt Coburn and Paquette to Ottawa for Anders Nillson and Marian Gaborik?? This one has me scratching my head. I'd LOVE Paquette as I think he's one of the better 3rd line centers...must be a cap issue deal?
    Yup, completely cap related. Gaborik and Nilsson go on LTIR, and we shed two contracts, making us now completely cap compliant. We had to send a 2nd rounder too in order to ‘let Ottawa help us out’.

We have replacements for those two players - time to break in a little new blood.

I might actually pay attention to hockey for the first time in over 20 years (lost interest with 30 teams, 3-point games, shootouts, overtime, low scoring, cookie-cutter goaltending, etc) because the divisions and schedule are intriguing. It's like having four separate "Original 6" divisions of 8 teams. And playing the same team twice in a row in the same arena is not new - the World Hockey Association did that in the 70's to save on travel costs as they were in markets like Edmonton, Winnipeg, Calgary, Phoenix and Texas before the NHL ever was.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    NHL planning two outdoor games at Lake Tahoe for 2021 season

Colorado at Las Vegas Feb 20
    Philadelphia at Boston Feb 21

Lake Tahoe does not freeze, so they will have to build a rink near the shore. If it's open air, the air temperature will be cold enough. No audience of fans will be allowed.

Rink construction has begun. For both games, game time is noon PST, televised on NBC.

Last edited by spellbound; 02-10-2021 at 06:30 PM.

How the hell they came up with Tahoe as the place to do this escapes me completely.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    How the hell they came up with Tahoe as the place to do this escapes me completely.
    I don't know. It seems especially weird if you know that the city of South Lake Tahoe has been discouraging visitors since the pandemic began, even though tourism is their bread and butter.

This is a cool article about a private outdoor rink. But really you should watch it to see the stick handling and skating skills of the guy doing the video. He's really talented!

https://www.blogto.com/sports_play/2...CIMaqypjsMc0M8

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    This is a cool article about a private outdoor rink. But really you should watch it to see the stick handling and skating skills of the guy doing the video. He's really talented!

https://www.blogto.com/sports_play/2...CIMaqypjsMc0M8
    Wow, that is cool!

If anyone cares, the World Junior gold medal game is starting. Canada vs. USA for gold.

If anyone cares, the World Junior gold medal game is starting. Canada vs. USA for gold.
    Thanks for the reminder. Watching it now.

I don't have access to it, but would be watching for sure if I did. Go USA!

And that outdoor skating rink thing was very cool!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    great to see the new names of the new divisions

not
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

USA won the gold 2-0 over Canada btw.

Quote Originally Posted by hwkn View Post
    USA won the gold 2-0 over Canada btw.

Canada went into the game undefeated and, based on their past games, the favourite. They totally dropped the ball (or in this case, the puck) last night. The US team played a great game. They deserved the win.

Canada went into the game undefeated and, based on their past games, the favourite. They totally dropped the ball (or in this case, the puck) last night. The US team played a great game. They deserved the win.
    Watched it live from Japan. There were about 15 minutes in which Canada looked like deer in headlights and that was enough to seal it. US clearly has some top talent -- not a huge surprise IMO.

Watched several of the games and I thought Canada was unstoppable. I knew the USA had a real good club but they seemed to find another gear that Canada couldn't match. The second goal was a bit lucky but they deserved the gold.

Canada saved their best game of the tournament for the semis versus Russia. The US saved their best game of the tournament for the finals versus Canada.

For those in the Progressive Ears fantasy leagues...

-Saturday is the deadline to declare keepers
    -Sunday is the draft in our traditional league
    -Monday is the draft in our keeper league

We still have one spot left in our traditional league if anyone is interested.

Ontario approved the NHL's plan, so both Toronto and Ottawa are allowed to play in their home arenas.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Ontario approved the NHL's plan, so both Toronto and Ottawa are allowed to play in their home arenas.
    I don't really care about Ottawa (my home town) but I'm definitely interested in the great Maple Leafs!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Barzal signs back with the Islanders. Was starting to get a little twitchy thinking this was Tavares part 2.

116 days of hockey. Quite a treat. Watched the third period/OT of MON/TOR and it looks good. Like real hockey. Good on all the players as these situations are wild, to say the least. Would like to have seen the Hab's win the game but not this night.

So VGK is going with only 5 defense players due to cap reasons. But we picked up Pietrangelo a very top defense dude so all should be well. But that's on paper. We'll see how it works out in real life. Got a captain for the first time in Stone which is a very good choice.

The expectations are high. Made the conference finals last season, so yeah, the pressure is there. This team is loaded and barring the usual injuries and this covid crap, if they stay reasonably healthy maybe this is the year we get a parade. I missed the UNLV parade in 1990 and if we so happen to get one you bet your ass I'm a gonna be there.

I'm counting my chickens before they have hatched, I know, but it's just reality. This team is expected to go far and damn it will suck to get close but no cigar. Already three years of close but not close enough.

I'm thinking some long standing fans of, say, the Maple Leafs might have a word or two with me for whining about three bloody years of close, but not close enough, so I'm guessing we're spoiled out here. The expansion draft rules when this team got started were very kind to us. A solid base to work off of. I think the rules are slightly changed for the Kraken but I may be off on that one. Even so, I'd think if they do well they can start with a decent core of players.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Isles looked good while shutting out the Rangers. Don't know if it's because of the Isles are a good team or the Rangers are a very young team playing for the future. Or maybe I'm just too excited from smacking down the hated rivals.

Caps started a rookie in goal for his first game. If not for a shot off Wilson's leg that ricocheted off the right post he would of had a shutout.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Rangers looked to me like a team that hadn't played together much. Shesterkin looked a bit shaky. I was unimpressed with new addition Jack Johnson. But a lot of that can and probably will change as the season progresses. That being said, the Islanders were firing on all cylinders. Barzal is a stud, Crosby 2.0 minus the whining. Hard to predict how a shortened, Covid-impacted season will play out, but I can't imagine the Isles not deep into the playoffs. Damn it.